Coronavirus

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My wife text me earlier said shiz is hitting the fan in SLC. Went to our local grocery and TP, flour and hand sanitizer shelves were empty. She said if she runs out of TP she's using my socks.....

Also hows @Tonkaman doing?
Went to the store yesterday for a normal grocery run and one of the items on the list was TP. Shelves were far from bare, but definitely much less full than normal. Same with bottled water and canned soup. Fortunately there was still plenty of beer!

The_Lobbster

Orem Costco was a madhouse on Saturday, and was completely sold out of water, and a few other basic things. I just wanted to get a couple cases of water because the water dispenser and ice maker in my old fridge didn't work. Overall, I'm not worried, neither my wife or I are immunocompromised. Media hypes it up to be much more out of control, than they need to.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Orem Costco was a madhouse on Saturday, and was completely sold out of water, and a few other basic things. I just wanted to get a couple cases of water because the water dispenser and ice maker in my old fridge didn't work. Overall, I'm not worried, neither my wife or I are immunocompromised. Media hypes it up to be much more out of control, than they need to.

In terms of the virus itself, most of us have very little to worry about. @Noahfecks is right, this is not the end of the world:

PthdJUF.png

The panic is what's annoying to me. I'm guessing we'll see a run on gas stations next.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Yeah, its not the virus I'm worried about. Like Kevin said, it's the food shortage from panic, and soon to follow will be fuel. And the problem with that is now I feel compelled to head to Costco and stock up because the next few weeks will only be worse. But by me stocking up I'm only adding to the problem. I wish the news would stop reporting on it.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Yeah, its not the virus I'm worried about. Like Kevin said, it's the food shortage from panic, and soon to follow will be fuel. And the problem with that is now I feel compelled to head to Costco and stock up because the next few weeks will only be worse. But by me stocking up I'm only adding to the problem. I wish the news would stop reporting on it.

I forgot to buy toilet paper last time I was out, and we're down to two rolls. Now I gotta go to Costco for toilet paper and look like a prepper dork.

I wonder if Amazon delivers toilet paper?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I forgot to buy toilet paper last time I was out, and we're down to two rolls. Now I gotta go to Costco for toilet paper and look like a prepper dork.

I wonder if Amazon delivers toilet paper?
One thing that was interesting about the TP supply at my local Smiths was that it wasn't the cheap Kroger brand stuff that was running low; it was the expensive stuff!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
One thing that was interesting about the TP supply at my local Smiths was that it wasn't the cheap Kroger brand stuff that was running low; it was the expensive stuff!

Gotta get the good stuff before our dollar becomes TP itself. :rofl:

Kevin B.

Big hippy
WVC Costco had a line of people buying pallets of bottled water. The TP is long gone, and they're working over the paper towels and kleenex pretty good.

I don't know what it is these people are expecting to happen, none of them were buying food, fresh or canned. They weren't buying batteries, they weren't buying bleach, they weren't buying any of things that you'd think you'd need in the apocalypse that they're expecting. Just bottled water and paper towels :rofl:.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
WVC Costco had a line of people buying pallets of bottled water. The TP is long gone, and they're working over the paper towels and kleenex pretty good.

I don't know what it is these people are expecting to happen, none of them were buying food, fresh or canned. They weren't buying batteries, they weren't buying bleach, they weren't buying any of things that you'd think you'd need in the apocalypse that they're expecting. Just bottled water and paper towels :rofl:.

I like hurricanes because I can move A TON of lanterns and flashlights... But man I'm still trying to figure out how to tap into the panic of a pandemic to move some of these flashlights.

Tonkaman

A) Wear a mask...

It’s pretty funny to see the panic on people’s faces when they see me in public wearing a mask. It’s like I’m patient zero and all that is keeping their children from dying is this thin white material across my face! Dude I’m doing it because I’m so immune deficient, I don’t want to catch YOUR virus!!

Update: I’ve been out of the hospital for a whole week today! My breathing is steady, but I still black out about 9 times a day. I sure hope trump is right about this warm weather cure...

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So I went for it too. Costco at 2100s. It wasn’t crazy there but like a real busy Saturday. This was at 430. For the most part I had no trouble getting everything I wanted. There was no bags of white rice and no water. They both are selling everyday within a few minutes of opening according to a worker.
there are people going a bit crazy though. Saw multiple people/groups push more than one cart that were over full. Guy in front of me rang up at just over $1000. The line to get out went past the snack area. Tire guys were helping to move the line along.
The truly scary part: no one had a tv in their cart!

My next area of concern is fuel. I think I’ll pull my boat out of storage on Saturday and fill it up. It’s good storage for 65 gallons of gas. I’m the only one with access to our diesel tank at work. It’s red, if it gets bad who cares. It usually has at least 100 gallons in it. Come to think of it, we have (10-15) 5 gallons jugs of water there for the water coolers. No one will miss those. 😎