Coronavirus

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I completely understand what you're saying. My explanation, we are not prepared to handle the situation in that way. I still have to go into peoples offices and work, walk hallways, touch door knobs. All I have is a half empty bottle of hand sanitizer, and a small bottle of clorox wipes. If I disinfect as often as you're suggesting, I could burn through what I have in a day or less. The administration hasn't given us anything else special to clean or disinfect anything. No masks, no gloves, no cleaner or disinfectants, or anything. I am trying to open doors using stuff other than my hands (my shirt, a rag, paper towel, etc) but can only do so much. Also I'm working in air handlers that draw return through the entire building, so if it's airborne from somebody coughing, I could breathe it in when I'm working inside and catch it.
I’m in the same boat. It’s pretty much business as usual for us. For the most part I can keep my distance but without fail people always come right up to me and want to talk or I’ll have to work next to someone during a repair. Once it hits my work I think we’ll all go down.

And yes. I do stink.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I’m in the same boat. It’s pretty much business as usual for us. For the most part I can keep my distance but without fail people always come right up to me and want to talk or I’ll have to work next to someone during a repair. Once it hits my work I think we’ll all go down.

And yes. I do stink.

Normally when I pick up metal from Carlos we hold hands and gaze deeply into each others eyes while we talk. I'm not sure if we didn't do that because you were there or because of the 'rona. Either way it's sad.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Normally when I pick up metal from Carlos we hold hands and gaze deeply into each others eyes while we talk. I'm not sure if we didn't do that because you were there or because of the 'rona. Either way it's sad.

I did notice something. I couldn't quite figure it out at the time, but now that you mention it there was some awkwardness while I was there. Definitely a Three's a crowd type of thing. Fortunately you left not too long after that and it became two's a company right away. 😲

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I did notice something. I couldn't quite figure it out at the time, but now that you mention it there was some awkwardness while I was there. Definitely a Three's a crowd type of thing. Fortunately you left not too long after that and it became two's a company right away. 😲

There's a social distancing joke in there somewhere....

ID Bronco

I'll keep my freedom over a little "security" - Thanks

That would sure be crazy to see that kind of lock down in a day or two.

Good perspective on the way they report the deaths, that's more understandable, they wouldn't lie to their people or the world. I'm sure it's a reporting difference.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
China is on a PR blitz to make it seem like they are the “winners” out of all this. They want nothing more than to make the US and the rest of the West look like fools in how we’ve handled this by comparison. I don’t buy it. First, even with the reporting difference, their numbers are BS. And if a perfectly healthy persons gets pneumonia because of COVID-19 and then dies, they didn’t die because of pneumonia. They died because of COVID-19.
Also, as mentioned before, China is a brutal communist dictatorship that will do anything to make the regime look good to its citizens. So of course they’re going to under report deaths from this thing. Otherwise they’d have lot harder time maintaining order if their people knew that it wasn’t 3,000 dead, but 300,000 or more.

I agree that China is likely manufacturing whatever story they want the world to hear. A few years ago, my wife and I were in Beijing on the 25th anniversary of the Tienanmen Square Protests. Just seeing how residents spoke about going out that day and warning us about going to any public place brought a stark reality to the control the government has there and the universal recognition of educated Chinese people about the their position.

JeeperG

Finally had at least one person at work come up positive, 11 others close contact with them, they are all out for a bit. Still working but tomorrow a large majority of us are going to be hit with the WARN act. Not good.