Coronavirus

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'm curious though, @ID Bronco ... Would you not want to know, as a parent, if your kid had contact with somebody that did test positive for the virus?
What good does that do? I decided along time ago that EVERYONE has the virus. Now its up to me to decide what I want to do about it. Do I want my kids/wife/me to get sick.....with anything? No. Can it happen? Yes. We do as much as we can within our comfort range to prevent contraction and spread. Then live life. Lagoon last Saturday, and most Saturdays through the summer.
IMG_2314.PNG

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm curious though, @ID Bronco ... Would you not want to know, as a parent, if your kid had contact with somebody that did test positive for the virus?

As a parent, I would just assume that they did, and keep an eye on them. It's nobody else's business if you or your kids have/do have it.

I'll tell you this. If I get it, I'm letting all of you guys know! I'm going to live stream that shit.
^^^^^^This.

You have to assume that you and everyone else has been in contact with somebody, whether it be close or close proximity that has had it. And quite honestly with the mortality rate in kids why are parents so freaked out. I would be more worried about my kid getting hit by somebody running a stop sign on the way to school.

This graph is only thru June 17th, but the rates have not gone up......in fact they have probably gone down.

Attachments

• coronavirus covid mortality us by age.png
    coronavirus covid mortality us by age.png
    39 KB · Views: 12

ID Bronco

Fair question.....

I'm in agreement with Cody, I know our family has had two exposures in the last two months and who know's how many more. At Walmart last night? I don't want other kids treated like leapers anymore than I want it happening to my kids. I would want them to stay home as soon as they knew there was a problem, as I would do with my kids.

If I knew they were exposed........what would happen? My wife would go into full lock down mode on everyone and everything for more than two weeks because there isn't any real data showing when it actually would take effect on my family, then My two college student's wouldn't be able to work, she would not be able to work part time at the school, my oldest two would not be able to start college on time (some is in person) or move into their apartments at school. Then we may not even ever show a symptom, or have any idea if we had it or not. She'd want full testing on everyone just in case. Then every time I blew my allergy infested nose or choked on a piece of steak, or got the runs from too many peaches I'd have "Rona" symptoms.

No thanks, I won't live in fear like that. If I have any indication beyond "possibly" then I'll take swift action. All of my kids are 21 or younger, one has Autism but no major health issues, so I'll take the risk. I don't think it's head in the sand thinking, to me it's freedom from the narrative, from fear, and misinformation. (purposeful or not)

What would anyone else do if they knew their kid was exposed?

Tonkaman

My kid started school 2 weeks ago. 4 days later she had a sore throat and runny nose....

BIG SUPRISE, THIS HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!!

This year we chose to keep her home until her symptoms went away. She missed 5 days of school and finally went back yesterday.

Troop92

Appreciate your responses, guys. Maybe I'm taking a different track because I'm just coming out of isolation with the darn thing.

I've never looked at it as being fearful, more cautious. But that is my nature to some extent. If I was informed that my kiddos had contact, I'd be more inclined to 1) watch them more closely and 2) limit any unnecessary interaction. From the get-go our family has been about minimizing exposure, be it our own or to others. I don't begrudge others POVs or actions so long as they're thought out and not completely contrary just to be so.

Cheers!

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
If you ever feel stupid just remember, there's always someone dumber than you are...

I saw a guy yesterday, (while I was riding my motorcycle) riding a motorcycle with no helmet, no eye protection, no gloves, t-shirt, running shoes and a n95 face mask on... The speed limit was 50mph. Just what was he protecting himself from?

Bees?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
If you ever feel stupid just remember, there's always someone dumber than you are...

I saw a guy yesterday, (while I was riding my motorcycle) riding a motorcycle with no helmet, no eye protection, no gloves, t-shirt, running shoes and a n95 face mask on... The speed limit was 50mph. Just what was he protecting himself from?

Off topic, but it drives me CRAZY to see little mom's in flip flops, tank tops, shorts, and no helmet riding around on their squirrelly scooters. No experience, no gear, no control.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Just got the update from Jordan School District. Sounds like it’s going really well. We accepted the risk and my 7 y/o has been going in-person for a couple weeks now.

Below are the numbers as of Sept. 2, 2020:

• 20 active COVID-19 cases in Jordan School District
  • 19 are students and 1 is an employee
  • 506 students or employees have been asked to quarantine as a result of being in close contact with an infected individual
  • Jordan School District has more than 56,000 students and more than 6,000 employees
  • The Board of Education has authorized the quarantine of 4 classes
  • There are more than 10,000 different classes within the district

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I got hassled today at the airport for not having a mask on. No one within 50 yards of me until approached by the gestapo to put my mask on.

sorry wearing a mask with no one even remotely close to me is even more silly than wearing a mask in the first place

Also this was more or less outdoors in a covered breezeway

J-mobzz

I got hassled today at the airport for not having a mask on. No one within 50 yards of me until approached by the gestapo to put my mask on.

sorry wearing a mask with no one even remotely close to me is even more silly than wearing a mask in the first place

Also this was more or less outdoors in a covered breezeway

it’s like wearing a mask in a car with the windows up all alone

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Wow mind just blown actually. How many public bathrooms have sharps containers? (Not as many here in Utah) I have yet to see a place to depose used masks.
I've seen one or two with sharps containers, really rare and a surprise when I saw them. I usually just haul my sharps home with me or stick in some kind of container before tossing.

My kid came home the other day complaining they couldn't blow their nose at school I guess that was one of those how dare you type requests... X-D

xjtony

I've seen one or two with sharps containers, really rare and a surprise when I saw them. I usually just haul my sharps home with me or stick in some kind of container before tossing.

My kid came home the other day complaining they couldn't blow their nose at school I guess that was one of those how dare you type requests... X-D
Mine got hassled at school yesterday because of seasonal allergies