Coronavirus

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
It's not hard Cody, right in the FDA vaccine guidelines. I won't give the answer because you wouldn't believe me if I told you. You might actually have to read an original source and learn something not spoon fed to you to find the answer to this one.

300K people have died in the US that can be in some way tied to Covid =/= 300K people have died from Covid. That's the false premise I see presented over and over again.

The intellectual dishonesty speaks volumes about the fraud being perpetrated.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It's not hard Cody, right in the FDA vaccine guidelines. I won't give the answer because you wouldn't believe me if I told you. You might actually have to read an original source and learn something not spoon fed to you to find the answer to this one.

300K people have died in the US that can be in some way tied to Covid =/= 300K people have died from Covid. That's the false premise I see presented over and over again.

Your unwillingness to provide source material calls into question your intellectual honesty. Just saying.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

Intellectual dishonesty! Oh my God, that's the most amazing thing, in a long line of amazing things, you've ever said!

Coming from the guy that's constantly regurgitated purely derivative information, without any sources, including the most comically bad misuse of statistics, I think to regain even a sliver of credibility you should post a source. Just once bud. Once. To be able to look someone in the eye and actually have something behind what you say? The only time I remember you even trying to validate the opinions you try to pass off as facts was a link to one of those right wing click bait sites.

So if it's not that hard, and I'm just not looking in the right place, please show me. I'm legitimately interested in this information. You might find it feels good to back up something you say. BTW, I'm still game for our charity geography bowl any time lol.

All of the "just do your research" mentality just damages credibility in the real world. You can get away with it when your audience already believes what you are saying, but that doesn't mean it's true. I mean, who would write a research paper then when listing works cited, just puts a picture of themselves above "just do your research".

Intellectual dishonesty. Lol. The best comedy writes itself.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Sure, whenever you're trying to figure out something like a global pandemic on the cuff, it's going to be weird and there are plenty of outlets for armchair medical experts, politicians, etc to be vocal about how things should have been done better. But the part of my message that I still think needs to be considered, is that it's not that we don't believe in the vaccine, it's that all we know definitively about the vaccine is that it prevents the person vaccinated from being symptomatic. We don't know if it prevents you from getting it altogether because all of the people in the trials that didn't get infected because they had the vaccine haven't been studied enough to know if they didn't get it, or didn't get the reactions. If you can still carry, you can still spread. If the masks are at all effective, until we know that, then the masks will stay. I've gone on record saying I doubt in the efficacy of masks, but even if it prevents spread by 1%, over a population of hundreds of millions, that does add up to a lot of people.

If you don't think 1 % compounded multiple times over and over doesn't add up, then don't refi you house when interest rates drop 1% ;)
This is a good point. If the "experts" said, don't wear a mask after you have been vaccinated and after further data, decided that was a bad move, it would reduce the already low faith that masks work or that "experts" have a grasp on the mechanics of this thing.

On the 1% compounded, if every person wearing a mask saves 1% of the people from getting a virus that has no serious effect on 99.9% of those how do contract it, I'm good to ditch the masks. We are talking extremely low numbers of people being saved while creating a mountain of garbage and cost alone.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
We are talking extremely low numbers of people being saved while creating a mountain of garbage and cost alone.

I’ve been trying to fathom the amount of trash generated by this nonsense and I can’t even comprehend it. I know we were a wasteful people before. Think about the extra PPE being used, all the extra boxes from so much more home delivery, take out food packaging. The silly masks are a fraction of what is being generated by this crap.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I’ve been trying to fathom the amount of trash generated by this nonsense and I can’t even comprehend it. I know we were a wasteful people before. Think about the extra PPE being used, all the extra boxes from so much more home delivery, take out food packaging. The silly masks are a fraction of what is being generated by this crap.
Dude, it's insane how many gloves and masks we go through. $1000 per month spent on that stuff. Plus all the disposable take out/delivery packaging... Lots of places have switched to disposable silverware. It's really sad.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!

I challenge anyone to research the FDA acceptable death rate for a vaccine, any vaccine. I'll take my chances with the rona.

I highlighted my source for you right here Cody, I really don't know how to be any more clear about it. Please tell me you can read at a 2nd grade level. Are you capable of basic reading comprehension? You might have to actually read the source, watch out it might lead to you having an original thought.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Intellectual dishonesty! Oh my God, that's the most amazing thing, in a long line of amazing things, you've ever said!

Coming from the guy that's constantly regurgitated purely derivative information, without any sources, including the most comically bad misuse of statistics, I think to regain even a sliver of credibility you should post a source. Just once bud. Once. To be able to look someone in the eye and actually have something behind what you say? The only time I remember you even trying to validate the opinions you try to pass off as facts was a link to one of those right wing click bait sites.

So if it's not that hard, and I'm just not looking in the right place, please show me. I'm legitimately interested in this information. You might find it feels good to back up something you say. BTW, I'm still game for our charity geography bowl any time lol.

All of the "just do your research" mentality just damages credibility in the real world. You can get away with it when your audience already believes what you are saying, but that doesn't mean it's true. I mean, who would write a research paper then when listing works cited, just puts a picture of themselves above "just do your research".

Intellectual dishonesty. Lol. The best comedy writes itself.
You seem to have me confused with someone else, were you drinking when you typed this? Not sure how else to explain it.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Ha! You are my favorite. Certainly one of us is confused. It's weirdly sort of endearing actually. Instead of continuing to poke fun at you, I gave you a shot to actually defend one of your statements of fact. You still couldn't bring yourself to do it. You understand that's why everyone ignores your comments? Well, except me because I'm an asshole... and kind of a bully...and I probably put way too much weight into dialectics.

Obviously you haven't read through all of the fda vaccine guidelines. We both know that. A man as proud as you to have an opinion that someone else gave them surely at least took a stab at trying to support it, then quickly found yourself out of your depth, but too proud to admit it.

We're all good dude. We're never going to be able to agree on anything because I think the burden of proof is on the person who makes the statement, and you think your statements are the proof itself. There's literally nothing I can do with that lol.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I can finally pat myself on the back for doing a good thing than. I've been wearing the same disposable mask for 9 months now! :oops:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I certainly understand the point there, and I agree a "health impact event" doesn't seem to be an apples to apples comparison to death. So what is the range of severity for "health impact events"? It seems about 3% of covid cases end up in the hospital, and 13% ish of those lead to death. That seems like the fair comparison. It'll be interesting to see how those negative side effects continue to play out.

Houndoc

View attachment 133633

View attachment 133634

From my pal, Alex.

I don't agree with the comparison to the death total but I can see how someone could correlate.
No offense your pal, Alex, but a rather unscientific post.
It has been well reported that the vaccines cause soreness and fever, some of which result is missing a days work. Not a big deal.
I will not be surprised to see a few serious side effects as the number vaccinated grows from the tens of thousands into the millions. But I do find it odd that the same people arguing that we need to "reopen the economy" are, in general, the same people who argue against vaccinations when it is the key to bring the pandemic under control.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Here's a question about vaccinations. I've been told (by media-types) that I need to get the vaccine, EVEN THOUGH I'VE ALREAY HAD COVID-19. Can anyone explain that in terms I can understand? In my mind, I've already been "vaccinated" naturally, so an additional shot will be meaningless. What am I missing?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Here's a question about vaccinations. I've been told (by media-types) that I need to get the vaccine, EVEN THOUGH I'VE ALREAY HAD COVID-19. Can anyone explain that in terms I can understand? In my mind, I've already been "vaccinated" naturally, so an additional shot will be meaningless. What am I missing?
My limited understanding is that COVID, like the flu, changes and mutates so vaccines will be more affective on some strains but not ALL strains. If I had already had COVID, I wouldn't be too worried about a vaccine this year, but I envision a new vaccine every year like the flu shot.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Carlos, it's in case the microchip didn't seat itself in your brain when they tested you. The "vaccine" microchip is wayyyy more effective. Duh

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Do not attempt to think for yourself. Consult your local White Coat Clergy.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
In the KSL story today about the vaccine it said something like “the goal is still heard immunity either through exposure or vaccine”. I take that to mean that since you (and I and 17 million others) were exposed we should not need the vaccine. Save it for someone who needs it.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
And I still wear a mask where required simply because trying to explain to someone else that I’m immune for at least two more months is way too much effort.

Houndoc

Part of it is the unknown duration of natural immunity (obviously duration of immunity from the vaccine is also yet to be determined.)

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Part of it is the unknown duration of natural immunity (obviously duration of immunity from the vaccine is also yet to be determined.)

Lots of unknowns........lots of misinformation......from all sides. What I do know, is that myself personally being 49 years old, healthy with no KNOWN risk factors have a 99.9+% chance of surviving if I contract the virus. I think I will take my chances and keep continuing to live my life like I have since last January. If I happen to be one of the .001%, then I guess you can say natural selection got me.