Coronavirus

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
It's amazing how one virus affects people so differently. From having no idea you have the virus, to killing you. I can't think of another illness with such a range. Seems like any other, it's "this is what's going to happen to you and this is what we need to do to fix it".

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
It's amazing how one virus affects people so differently. From having no idea you have the virus, to killing you. I can't think of another illness with such a range. Seems like any other, it's "this is what's going to happen to you and this is what we need to do to fix it".

We weren't so much paying attention, prior to 2020, but the flu has done (and continues to do) the same.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well after two phone calls with HR and my boss I get to go back to work in the morning. I assume it’s just so they can fire me in person. They have left me feeling like I made a huge mistake. That I am the bad guy in all of this.
They kept repeating over and over that they need to look out for the other teammates. In their eyes, because I have a cough, I am still contagious. It doesn’t matter how long it has been since the onset of symptoms. I am still contagious. Even though they hold my release from salt lake county health. These are people I consider friends, and they turned on me in a heartbeat.

glockman

I hate Jeeps
Well after two phone calls with HR and my boss I get to go back to work in the morning. I assume it’s just so they can fire me in person. They have left me feeling like I made a huge mistake. That I am the bad guy in all of this.
They kept repeating over and over that they need to look out for the other teammates. In their eyes, because I have a cough, I am still contagious. It doesn’t matter how long it has been since the onset of symptoms. I am still contagious. Even though they hold my release from salt lake county health. These are people I consider friends, and they turned on me in a heartbeat.
If they fire you, you'll have a pretty good lawsuit. It's a health condition and is protected. The feds even changed fmla laws to protect covid victims. You could take 13 weeks of leave and they have to pay you 2/3ds of your wage. I'd let them know you are calling a lawyer if they make a single threat. My employer tried to play hard ball with people, then quickly walked that back once it got challenged by a lawyer.

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
Hopefully it's not that, @UNSTUCK . You know what's crazy, though? Lots of people don't even want to work. And, after everything went to hell these past few months, I've applied to a bunch of places and it's like they don't want to hire, either. I can't figure that out.

Anyway, I'm putting it out there that you can get back to work and all will be well. It's a stressful time for both sides.

Last edited:

TRD270

Aloha’n MF
Hopefully it's not that, @UNSTUCK . You know what's crazy, though? Lots of people don't even want to work. And, after everything went to hell these past few months, I've applied to a bunch of places and it's like they don't want to hire, either. .

This, we are running incredibly short handed. Thousands of pilots out of work thousands of low time pilots looking for jobs..... yet we are running short handed 🤯

Coco

My dad has it pretty good right now. Its put him out for 7 days now.

Sounds like my dad has turned the corner, and is starting to feel better. His fever broke yesterday, and says he is starting to feel good. I told him to still take it easy, his body is obviously still recovering. Hopefully he listened.

Inevitably my mom now tested positive, so hopefully she doesn't get it as bad as he did, but we will see.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Sounds like my dad has turned the corner, and is starting to feel better. His fever broke yesterday, and says he is starting to feel good. I told him to still take it easy, his body is obviously still recovering. Hopefully he listened.

Inevitably my mom now tested positive, so hopefully she doesn't get it as bad as he did, but we will see.

Glad to hear things are improving for your dad. Hopefully your mom doesn't have near the trouble.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well I didn’t want to jinx it. Still employed. Went in yesterday. My direct boss never said a word to me about COVID or my time off. His boss is the one I spent most of my time talking to over phone, email, text while I was out. I never saw him yesterday. Today was similar. My boss only said a couple words to me during our production meeting. The big boss interrupted the meeting with several items. He never attends the meeting. He looked at, and talked to everyone there, but me. At one point he was talking to someone and I interrupted with a (good) idea on their subject. Without a word he went right back to talking to the other guy about the issue I had just solved.
So I’m still there, but I’m not.

I’ll add that I sent a nice email to the HR lady I was working with. She is out of state in another branch. I apologized for making things difficult for her through the process. She called me later today and we had a nice/normal conversation about unrelated HR stuff. (I still think she is wrong about all things COVID. Just better to move on and makes friends.)

If it makes sense, it must be misinformation, and we can't have any of that.
While individual classifications might be inflated due to COVID, the overall death rate seems to be increased even more than the COVID numbers would explain. See this report

glockman

I hate Jeeps
While individual classifications might be inflated due to COVID, the overall death rate seems to be increased even more than the COVID numbers would explain. See this report
Just the suicide and overdose deaths have jumped last time I looked. Add to those the increased health issues from sitting at home eating or drinking too much and it is not at all surprising that total death numbers would go up. My wife and I have conversed about how bad our lives would be if this had happened during a period we where having a hard time getting along. Or even worse, when we were married to our ex's. No escape through normal social channels is hard on anyone who doesn't have a stable home life and I'd wager that is the majority of people, not the minority.

Pike2350

I dont put much faith in that "table". The figures are suspect and I already found this article about another table that is being circulated being misleading.....the article is referencing a different table. https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2872MV

I went to the 2019 website listed and it does show 2,855,000. However if you look at 2020 on the same page it only lists through June is already showing 1,626,000. The average monthly death rate in 2019 is around 240k. Just using the average monthly death rate in 2020 of 271k ...by the end of Sept we would be put us at around 2,439,000 and a year end total of 3,252,000.

If we are having higher death rates this surge chances are it will be above that.....much higher then the 2,818,527.

Even more. The link for 2020 is only listing deaths from 2/1/20-11/28

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201204-201059_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201204-201059_Chrome.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: