Coronavirus

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Year to date COVID-19 deaths in the USA: 3,800

Year to date heart disease deaths in the USA: 220,000

Let's destroy the economy to protect people that were one foot in the grave anyway....
shaking.gif

The virus is real; the response is a scam and a power grab.

your numbers are off.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
your numbers are off.

Ya that heart disease statistic seamed high. Either way i believe this whole thing is blown way out of proportion. What are youse's guys's thoughts on them padding the virus death stats? I know they do this all the time with natural disasters. Die during or immediately after a natural disaster and it gets chalked up as the disasters fault.

1585796684262.png

The_Lobbster

Multiple cases reported on the campus I work at. Yet HR is refusing to disclose what buildings have been affected, and as an "essential employee", I'm required to be here, and I guess I have to just try to guess which buildings have and haven't been affected.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Multiple cases reported on the campus I work at. Yet HR is refusing to disclose what buildings have been affected, and as an "essential employee", I'm required to be here, and I guess I have to just try to guess which buildings have and haven't been affected.

I tell my people (computer support) to wash EVERY time you touch someone's keyboard/mouse. At least wipe your hands down with alcohol wipes. We just don't know who might be infected. Best to just try to protect yourself as much as you can. It's almost inevitable to get exposed at some point but being in food production, we'd like to ramp up our hygiene practices even more than normal. We try to use phones/remote support as a primary method rather than a secondary method. I just have people in the plant for shift start ups and working from home as they can.

That is messed up. I get HIPA and everything, but seems like they should be obligated to tell you where the risk is.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

If UVU HR is anything like HR at the U (or basically any company I've ever worked for), it's staffed by morons. Here at the U, the point of contact for anything like building closures or quarantines is our Facilities Management Department. Not sure if UVU has a department like that, but I'd check with them since they're likely the ones sending people to clean buildings.

Tonkaman

Ya'll should buy Force of Nature... I've been using it in my home for several months, Jacey's school started using it, and I just got my employer on board. It's on the FDA's list of proven COVID-19 killers and it's all natural. Check it:https://www.forceofnatureclean.com/natural-cleaner-and-disinfectant/

Thanks for the info. My wife is extremely sensitive to chemicals so we’re always looking for natural remedies. Most of the natural stuff still has dye or perfumes that’s just as irritating to her! I just ordered a kit

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member

GRAMA request that, should be public info with names etc redacted. Request expedited and they have to get it to you in 5 days 🙄

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I get why one would want to know who has been infected, or where infections were reported in certain areas, but why does it matter? If you treat everyone like they are infected or every building has been infected, you'll stay safe. Keep your distance and disinfect often.

If you want to see the extreme example of social distancing, walk through Marshall Industrial Hardware. The manager, Dale, with his military background is pretty hard core. He told me to "fall back" because he needed to get by then had a conversation with me from 10 feet away while I tried to show him what I wanted. As I stepped closer, he stepped further away. Too funny... but safe.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
All the existing tests that are coming out until now have been based on looking for the virus itself. This one looks for antibodies to the virus, and can tell you if you already had the virus and kicked it. Super useful for knowing who needs the vaccine and who doesn't, and also potentially awesome for front line health care workers who could be dedicated to COVID-19 wards without needing quite so much PPE.

The_Lobbster

I get why one would want to know who has been infected, or where infections were reported in certain areas, but why does it matter? If you treat everyone like they are infected or every building has been infected, you'll stay safe. Keep your distance and disinfect often.
I completely understand what you're saying. My explanation, we are not prepared to handle the situation in that way. I still have to go into peoples offices and work, walk hallways, touch door knobs. All I have is a half empty bottle of hand sanitizer, and a small bottle of clorox wipes. If I disinfect as often as you're suggesting, I could burn through what I have in a day or less. The administration hasn't given us anything else special to clean or disinfect anything. No masks, no gloves, no cleaner or disinfectants, or anything. I am trying to open doors using stuff other than my hands (my shirt, a rag, paper towel, etc) but can only do so much. Also I'm working in air handlers that draw return through the entire building, so if it's airborne from somebody coughing, I could breathe it in when I'm working inside and catch it.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
If you want to see the extreme example of social distancing, walk through Marshall Industrial Hardware. The manager, Dale, with his military background is pretty hard core. He told me to "fall back" because he needed to get by then had a conversation with me from 10 feet away while I tried to show him what I wanted. As I stepped closer, he stepped further away. Too funny... but safe.

Maybe you forgot to shower recently? :rofl:

Folks are keeping their heads about them recently with kindness despite government overreach. Makes me proud to be a human again.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAA

Houndoc