Coronavirus

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'm curious, and this is a hypothetical because I don't think this is what will happen, but what if the media started reporting on the exaggerated death tolls, high percentage of antibodies in studies, and more or less that using new information we have been able to determine that the COVID is not exactly what we feared it was, and that we can/should comfortably go back to our lives provided we at least take care to wash our hands and such?

Would you guys buy the media's new narrative with a bunch of "I told you so"'s , or would you change to counter it because obviously some others power play is happening behind the scenes?

If they did that, they would just switch narratives to say we are all going to die from murder hornets. Because life back to normal isn't hard hitting news that gets ratings.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm curious, and this is a hypothetical because I don't think this is what will happen, but what if the media started reporting on the exaggerated death tolls, high percentage of antibodies in studies, and more or less that using new information we have been able to determine that the COVID is not exactly what we feared it was, and that we can/should comfortably go back to our lives provided we at least take care to wash our hands and such?

Would you guys buy the media's new narrative with a bunch of "I told you so"'s , or would you change to counter it because obviously some others power play is happening behind the scenes?

I would agree with it.

Not long after this began, I had 2 beliefs. When it came out that there were 2 major labs in Wuhan, I believed that it originated out of that lab.....didn't know or have an opinion on whether it was intentional or accidental. And I believed that it was here longer than what we were being told. On the first point, it has come out that it did come out of the lab and the general consensus is that it was not intentional. It is hard to determine, but equally as hard to deny that since China closed down travel within the country in and out of Wuhan in late November, that this was taking off sometime before that. With international travel the way it is, there is not way it did not make it to the US. I have an employee who has a cousin that was sick in bed for 2 weeks in mid November with the "classical" COVID symptoms and he has tested positive for antibodies recently. Did he have it then or did he come in contact afterward.....who knows, but logic says he had it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

As long as it seems to line up with reality, then it shouldn't be very hard to accept. I'm not a "told you so" type anyways... I'm more in this for the fight against good v. evil. There's some evil mo-fo's out there with one hell of an agenda and they've got a lot of people mentally captivated.

Houndoc

Or maybe, it's just a bunch of people trying their best to do what they think is best for the people they are supposed to serve, given the available information?

Why is that the most far fetched possibility?

I personally find it sad that many people are so suspicious (in some cases I would dare say paranoid) that they reject the very idea of people in leadership (government, business, whatever) could actually be trying to do the right thing.

Makes it very hard to work towards productive solutions when the result is the reject of fact and the clinging instead to poorly vetted information that simply supports a predetermined world view.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Yeah, they're already getting everyone spun up on the hornets so they'll be ready when the coronavirus starts to peter out.

:spork: They are already dismissing it and now we need to stay inside because mosquitos are responsible for millions of deaths each year. We should all just never go outside again.

Troop92

** Target update 5/8 **

We have everything but hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes. Outside of that it feels much the same, apart from the limitations on number of guests in the store.

The difference this evening is that everyone is now acting pre-COVID. Social distance? Naw... Masks? The hell you say... Seems that lifting some restrictions means "all good guys, carry on."

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

After this, I'll bow out.

This man has seen some things. Iraq. Operator. 10 years LEO. Father. American.

He touches on some stuff that's mentioned in posts in these 50 pages.

Take care. Be well.

Update: He's been put on admin leave and is pending termination, after first getting props from his admin then guessing the governor caught wind. Sad deal, props to him for standing his ground. With the amount of people that saw and agreed with it i'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

SnwMnkys

Anyone been to a dine in restaurant yet? Had sushi at Sukana in Jordan Landing last weekend. All the employees were obviously wearing masks. But none of the dine in guests had them on. About 50% of the take out customers did. Its been nice to sit down at a restaurant again.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Anyone been to a dine in restaurant yet? Had sushi at Sukana in Jordan Landing last weekend. All the employees were obviously wearing masks. But none of the dine in guests had them on. About 50% of the take out customers did. Its been nice to sit down at a restaurant again.
Went to 5 guys today for lunch, they had a couple tables blocked off but most were open.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
"Los Angeles County, which has recorded the highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths in California, has extended stay-at-home orders indefinitely."

"The new order extends through June 30, and comes as Oahu continues to see few new cases daily."

Seriously whats the endgame here? You cannot keep people locked away in their homes indefinitely. The majority of the population isn't going to be harmed by the scary virus. But your "protection" is devastating far more peoples lives than the actual virus.

Small ray of hope

But in all seriousness when/where does the first riot start?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I feel there is a large amount of how far can we push this going on. Arbitrary rules laid out, that in a sane time the judicial system would strike down no matter which side of the political spectrum you are on. The larger the city the further they want to push. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if the big city is ending and sub-urbanization is just going to increase because of this.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I feel there is a large amount of how far can we push this going on. Arbitrary rules laid out, that in a sane time the judicial system would strike down no matter which side of the political spectrum you are on. The larger the city the further they want to push. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if the big city is ending and sub-urbanization is just going to increase because of this.

Funny you mention that.

I was talking to a friend the other day who is a realtor and helped my wife and I sell our home and buy our new home about 4 years ago.

I remember when we were looking at houses and with all of the construction in 2016 of new apartment buildings and small town homes going up in Weber County and Davis County he had said how drastically the shift was over the past ten years. Previously apartment buildings and town homes were hard to sell because people wanted homes with yards and not just a wall between them and their neighbor. The dynamics had shifted full circle and now people don't want the maintenance of a home, yard or any responsibility of repair. They are fine being tenants and having all of that responsibility taken on by landlords so apartments, condo's, etc. are the way things are going. That was only 4 years ago.

When I was speaking with him the other day he made a comment about wondering if this pandemic will have any kind of mental shift on living situations. He was thinking this may alter the mindset again to people wanting to get back into homes with yards to have the ability to go outside and not living within a wall's distance of your neighbor.

I found it an interesting thought and wonder myself how it will play out.

I also find it interesting to think what these cities are thinking is the end game as far as staying home. At first I thought it was merely to keep the medical facilities and staffs from being overwhelmed and to slow the spread to "flatten the curve". Now I'm beginning to think these people actually think they can prevent anyone else from getting sick which I think is a bit naïve to think that way.

It is scary how We as Americans handed over our rights so freely and easily two short months ago.

"Those who would give up Liberty, to trade for a little temporary safety, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
In the back of my mind I'm wondering if the big city is ending and sub-urbanization is just going to increase because of this.
I've read and heard numerous stories about how people in places like New York, LA, and Chicago are looking to "move to the country". You know what that means? They'll all be looking to move to places like Salt Lake because a) we had and will continue to have a strong economy anb b) we seem to have handled the outbreak pretty well. So get ready for a huge influx of morons from the coasts looking to relocate and further screw up our state. Joy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've read and heard numerous stories about how people in places like New York, LA, and Chicago are looking to "move to the country". You know what that means? They'll all be looking to move to places like Salt Lake because a) we had and will continue to have a strong economy anb b) we seem to have handled the outbreak pretty well. So get ready for a huge influx of morons from the coasts looking to relocate and further screw up our state. Joy.

Ugh, you're not wrong... Prepare yourselves for more cali ship jumpers!