Coronavirus

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I bet exercise would probably help with the testosterone levels too?

I mean, I suspect diet and exercise and probably lower stress would all help. But unfortunately, I go non stop from 730 am to 11 pm most days and I don't have the option to stop (I guess everyone has an option, but the repercussions of me not doing this are worse than a weekly shot in the ass). I just don't have a lot of time to get good, consistent exercise in. I used to exercise nearly every day 4 years go and I'd like to say that one day I'll be able to get back to that. It's just not in my near future. I want to get back into triathlon next year if possible.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I mean, I suspect diet and exercise and probably lower stress would all help. But unfortunately, I go non stop from 730 am to 11 pm most days and I don't have the option to stop (I guess everyone has an option, but the repercussions of me not doing this are worse than a weekly shot in the ass). I just don't have a lot of time to get good, consistent exercise in. I used to exercise nearly every day 4 years go and I'd like to say that one day I'll be able to get back to that. It's just not in my near future. I want to get back into triathlon next year if possible.
I understand, I was just observing. That said, hasn't the world benefited from a kinder, gentler Cody?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I don't eat great...not horrible, but not great. I try to eat mostly salads at work where 1/2 my meals come from. I have very low energy levels by mid-late day (which is like 10 hours into my workday ha ha), and I've been chalking it up to 2 years of stress and overwork...coupled with getting older and having almost zero time to exercise regularly. But, according to my latest blood test, I also have really low testosterone levels so they want me to start taking testosterone supplements. I don't take medicine generally...I go through maybe 4-6 advil per month at the most (which is usually hangover related) which is the extent of my pharmaceutical use. I'm not sure how I feel about it taking the T in the A, but if it helps me feel more focused and have more energy then it's probably worth the cost/hassle. Besides, maybe it'll bring back the more aggressive Cody rants too? We could all use more CodeRage.

Don't supplement T. More red meat and Vitamin E will kick your system back into making it naturally. You have to already be pretty active for how much I assume you're on your feet doing all the things.

Edit: also... when you are in constant stress, your body uses up magnesium at a crazy rate. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29920004/) Look into Magnesium Bicarbonate. I'm serious. Vit E, Magnesium and extra Vit C have been the best things I've done in a super long time. I don't even like taking supplements but these things make a difference.

Last edited:

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
How do you sleep? Do you snore?........................I was diagnosed with sleep apnea late last year and fought it all the way.....until now, 6 months later with sleeping on the machine, I feel WAY better. I used to just flat tank in the middle of the afternoon, now none of that.

Just a thought.

shortstraw8

More red meat and Vitamin E will kick your system back into making it naturally.

I tried that, did not show any gain in my T levels, though the leaner red meat I eat the better I feel (specially at the gym). What has helped is cutting down on foods high in polyunsaturated fat (which is basically any nuts) and processed foods. Exercise and weight lifting helped along with some vitamins; E, B, fish oil, cq10, dhea that were suggested by my doctors (can't trust just one). I have taken E, B, zinc, copper, magnesium pretty regular for a while though.

according to my latest blood test, I also have really low testosterone levels so they want me to start taking testosterone supplements.

Decreasing stress will help by lowering cortisol, and one way to help balance mood is vitamin D which Utahns need during winter months anyway. I think a big help has been balancing my diet better, my protein/fat/carbs intake is much better along with veggies cause for the most port I hate them all.

Testosterone levels will likely decrease as you get older unless you have been physically fit for most of your life, even with that your levels probably are not at 100% and without some sort of TRT will never be. If energy is the issue I would suggest some vitamin supplements, red meat may work for you, but getting my diet balanced out was what really made me feel good. Is my energy 100% all day everyday.... no but I drink a bunch of coffee to offset that. After talking with my brother who is in the medical field and not one to deal in BS, he aligned with all three doctors I see. While TRT is not needed, I am going to try it and see if I feel any benefit from it, my levels are above average so if I hit 100% and don't feel any different, then I will stop.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I feel like I sleep great. I go into unconscious mode about 30 seconds after laying down, and I feel refreshed in the morning. My mood is way better, my energy is better, everything is better. By mid afternoon I'm drained, moody, sometimes a bit depressed (I'm not claiming depression, but a lot of the low motivation kind of feelings creep in later in the day). I do snore, more so now than when I was younger, but I'm not a really heavy snorer compared to some people I know.

I think I'm going to try it for 2-3 months and see if it makes any noticeable differences. If not, then hopefully things will settle down for me in the next few months and I can start taking a day or two off each month and maybe exercise, camp, try to take time to eat better etc.

I am one to believe that the human body does a pretty good job of regulating itself, if given the right inputs. I don't like taking medicine at all. But, my T levels dropped 70 points in 3 years and my mental acuity, which is the most important thing to me, has really dropped in the last 6 months. My score was just over 300, which is technically in the "normal" range, but from the Dr I saw and some independent looking around, sounds like is low enough to show signs in a lot of men. That drop could be all of the aforementioned causes, or could be something else I guess. Or I could just be a baby and just need to suck it up and get through it.

Anyway, this is way sidetracked. COVID Is stupid, I hear sausage and beer are the #1 doctor recommended preventative measures.

4x4_Welder

How do you sleep? Do you snore?........................I was diagnosed with sleep apnea late last year and fought it all the way.....until now, 6 months later with sleeping on the machine, I feel WAY better. I used to just flat tank in the middle of the afternoon, now none of that.

Just a thought.
I'll second a CPAP. I got put on one a couple months ago, and it's made a big difference. Best of all I can crank up the humidity on it and not have as much of a hard time in the desert here. It's made my constant dry cough go away.

LT.

Copy, wish you would have called 95% of the time someone can break loose and assist within 5-10mins. We all do lunch together as a team on Friday so it’s entirely possible you came around lunch too. As for business, we are in fact busier than ever, more employees in the shop and on the phones. That has made appointments even more paramount. While some customers just need a quick part and can be in/out in a few minutes, others spend a few hours setting up a full vehicle build and we can’t shutter our phone and internet sales to accomodate all modes if that makes sense. Again, appts are nothing new for us, we’ve been consistently busy for 15 years and had appointments since then :D

Sir, I should have called I just had read that it was by appointment and left it at that.

Good to hear business is doing well in spite of this virus.

Oddly enough i am at the doc waiting to be tested as I type this. I am doing fine but, a large number of teammates are all out with covid. Sucks for sure. So, i am just doing by due diligance and waiting to do the right thing.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Oddly enough i am at the doc waiting to be tested as I type this. I am doing fine but, a large number of teammates are all out with covid. Sucks for sure. So, i am just doing by due diligance and waiting to do the right thing.

Imagine that. For the sake of everyone that's been around you willingly or not I hope your test is negative.

Wanting to do the right thing and blasting the state and business owners for asking people to mask up doesn't seem to mesh very well.

ID Bronco

Guys, can I get your thoughts on this?

I'm trying to figure out if the family needs to quarantine. Here's the situation. The kids were at my mother-in-law's yesterday and today. Today I find out that her co-worker has been coming to work while her husband has covid.

So.... the kids were in contact with grandma who was in contact (at work, in a lab, with masks, in same room) with a woman whose husband has covid. I was in contact with the kids. That makes us 3 people removed from actual contact.

Now, there is drama, here's that: I'm of the opinion that if "Grandma's" work tells her to quarantine, we quarantine, too. However, it looks like Grandma is being reluctant to talk to her supervisor about this. So, I'm ready to just quarantine as a matter of integrity... but for how long?

Grandma wore a mask around the lady, everyone should be good to go.............right?

ID Bronco

My son's roommate had it, he did it thinking he needed to per college rules, called them at day 7 and they said he was good to go, no restriction's, we had him call our family doctor too, they said no need to quarantine.

Again, it's just two medical offices advice. haha