Coronavirus

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
He's giving his opinion based on his life experience and research, and you have a contrary opinion based upon your life experience and research. I think that's all fair game in a civil discussion. Houndoc could very easily post videos of Fauci or any other medical professional that disagrees with this Dr, and since you disagree with that, is it fair for him to ask you to compare your credentials to theirs?

As you are very quick to point out, just because a dr says it, doesn't necessarily make it true. I'm sure there are other Dr's and medical industry professionals that are on record saying something very contrary to the Dr in that video. I don't think it's an absolute...either one is right or the other. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and we are able to use our background, experience, opinions, training, research, or wife's cousin's boyfriend's friend's opinion to make up our own conclusions. But now matter how much we believe in our own opinions here, none of us 'know', you know?
Also, that video was of a Canadian doctor.:rolleyes: Psh... Canada!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was curious how Canada seems to have so much more success with COVID and with their healthcare system in general, and I'm sure the answer is layered and nuanced, but part of the answer might be that there are only 30 million of those flannel wearing bastards north of the wall. That was super surprising to me since I know Vancouver is massive, Calgary is big, Toronto is big, Ottawa/Quebec are biggish. 1/3 more people live in California alone. Man, Canada sounds real nice right about now ha ha.

If it weren't full of so many Canadians (and perpetual winter time).

Well they do have a superior healthcare system

You could be being sarcastic, but I thought most people on this board were not onboard with a government run healthcare system?

It does work for them, it seems, but again...only 30 million people. 10 times more people make it 10 times more complicated. Especially when half of those people ****ing despise the other half ha ha.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was curious how Canada seems to have so much more success with COVID and with their healthcare system in general, and I'm sure the answer is layered and nuanced,
Not really:

letterkenny-soft-birthday.jpg

We all know who wins when the 'VID's come to town. Figure it out.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
He's giving his opinion based on his life experience and research, and you have a contrary opinion based upon your life experience and research. I think that's all fair game in a civil discussion. Houndoc could very easily post videos of Fauci or any other medical professional that disagrees with this Dr, and since you disagree with that, is it fair for him to ask you to compare your credentials to theirs?

As you are very quick to point out, just because a dr says it, doesn't necessarily make it true. I'm sure there are other Dr's and medical industry professionals that are on record saying something very contrary to the Dr in that video. I don't think it's an absolute...either one is right or the other. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and we are able to use our background, experience, opinions, training, research, or wife's cousin's boyfriend's friend's opinion to make up our own conclusions. But no matter how much we believe in our own opinions here, none of us 'know', you know?

You're probably right. I'm just a tad on edge because of the Herbert bullshit. Tired of it. I need to take a posting hiatus

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm not a Healthcare expert but I play one on the internet.
My son has Cystic Fibros which is a respiratory disease. I've done a fair bit of research on the subject as you'd imagine. Primary childrens is in the top 5 in the country for outcomes with CF. The US is the leader in the world for life expectancy for cf patients.
There have been a ton of innovative drugs for cf in the last 5 to 10 years, some basically cure the underlying cause of cf in some mutations, which is your body making defective cells. More than 1/3 of those drugs aren't available in Canada. I have yet to meet a Canadian I didn't like but I think we have the better health care system, at least for me and mine. Maybe they have a better shingles treatment.

J-mobzz

I'm not a Healthcare expert but I play one on the internet.
My son has Cystic Fibros which is a respiratory disease. I've done a fair bit of research on the subject as you'd imagine. Primary childrens is in the top 5 in the country for outcomes with CF. The US is the leader in the world for life expectancy for cf patients.
There have been a ton of innovative drugs for cf in the last 5 to 10 years, some basically cure the underlying cause of cf in some mutations, which is your body making defective cells. More than 1/3 of those drugs aren't available in Canada. I have yet to meet a Canadian I didn't like but I think we have the better health care system, at least for me and mine. Maybe they have a better shingles treatment.

This! Whenever people talk about Canadian healthcare I say how many ground breaking drugs have come out of Canada? Yes big pharmacy sucks But until I see socialized medicine doing anything besides using leading technology after someone else invents it in not sold it is better. More affordable? Yes! better? Not in my opinion.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I work with a guy from Canada....his Dad died a few years ago, from brain cancer. He waited a ridiculous amount of time to get his treatment due to their healthcare system. I mean, HE didn't wait, he tried to get help--but whatever the process is, he waited "in the queue" for something like 2 years then died. I don't know for sure if what he had was treatable originally, if he were able to get in quicker, or not....but still.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My wife was exposed to two positive cases last week, one at work and one a friend. In both instances she was around them for more than 30 minutes in less than 6ft of space.
She started to feel under the weather on Tuesday evening. Sore and achy joints, fatigue, runny nose, cough; but no fever. So on Wednesday she got a nasal test from a TestUtah site, then I figured I'd schedule one for her through the U as well just for a second opinion; that was a saliva test on Thursday morning. Got both tests back this morning, both negative. She's feeling mostly better today, so we're just assuming a mild case of the flu, who knows.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My wife and I are both positive, both my boys that still live here are negative, 10 and 17.
I have not been anywhere in public without a mask on for at least two weeks aside from a fast food place while we were eating once.
All anecdotal and worth what you paid for it.

Both times for me have been like a bad case of the flu. Congestion, coughing, body aches and fever. Last time lasted a few days. Today is day 3 of feeling crappy and I'm already feeling better than yesterday.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
What’s worse than a positive test?

A negative test when the rest of the family tests positive.

Two of my kids tested negative when the rest of us tested positive. They both showed symptoms too. Now we are trying hard to retest but no one wants to test them. We just have to “assume they are positive”. That’s fine but the schools won’t let them back for 14 days AFTER our ten days are up. That means two more weeks starting the 24th. But if I can get them to show positive they can go back to school on the 24th, ten days after their symptoms showed up.

Beyond stupid.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My MIL works at an IHC hospital. We got this text from her today.

I know Covid numbers are really high but I found out after talking to the big head honcho over the InstaCare who does the testing that a lot of the numbers are repeat people being retested.
A lot of jobs and colleges and athletic things require their people to be tested every day or every other day, a lot of people are asymptomatic but if they test positive they have to be tested every day until they have a negative.
So in other words...if I was going to college where they required testing and I tested positive but was asymptomatic I would have to be tested every day until I was negative.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
My MIL works at an IHC hospital. We got this text from her today.

I know Covid numbers are really high but I found out after talking to the big head honcho over the InstaCare who does the testing that a lot of the numbers are repeat people being retested.
A lot of jobs and colleges and athletic things require their people to be tested every day or every other day, a lot of people are asymptomatic but if they test positive they have to be tested every day until they have a negative.
So in other words...if I was going to college where they required testing and I tested positive but was asymptomatic I would have to be tested every day until I was negative.
For real?

That's some BS.

Are we really shocked about number shenanigans?