Coronavirus

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My MIL works at an IHC hospital. We got this text from her today.

I know Covid numbers are really high but I found out after talking to the big head honcho over the InstaCare who does the testing that a lot of the numbers are repeat people being retested.
A lot of jobs and colleges and athletic things require their people to be tested every day or every other day, a lot of people are asymptomatic but if they test positive they have to be tested every day until they have a negative.
So in other words...if I was going to college where they required testing and I tested positive but was asymptomatic I would have to be tested every day until I was negative.
I assumed that was part of it actually. I wish the news would report more transparency, but people don't like the fine print

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
So, to contradict my earlier post... My SIL is good friends with someone in the Davis county health department who says that each positive person is assigned a number, and they retest under that same number and are not counted each day.. They said the numbers provided each day are in fact NEW cases, not repeat customers.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So, to contradict my earlier post... My SIL is good friends with someone in the Davis county health department who says that each positive person is assigned a number, and they retest under that same number and are not counted each day.. They said the numbers provided each day are in fact NEW cases, not repeat customers.

Good clarification

Houndoc

What’s worse than a positive test?

A negative test when the rest of the family tests positive.

My son has been frustrated that way. Twice he has had positive room-mates and his girl friend got it, both symptomatic. He also works in a care center that has had a number of cases among both patients and staff. He continues to test negative (think has has been test 6+ times). Doesn't really know if he has had it, is surprisingly immune to it or exactly what. He has not been able to get scheduled for an antibody test.

Houndoc

Thanks for posting that clarification.

RockChucker

My son has been frustrated that way. Twice he has had positive room-mates and his girl friend got it, both symptomatic. He also works in a care center that has had a number of cases among both patients and staff. He continues to test negative (think has has been test 6+ times). Doesn't really know if he has had it, is surprisingly immune to it or exactly what. He has not been able to get scheduled for an antibody test.
Have him go donate blood with red cross. I did in August and learned that they are doing the antibody test on every donation. I felt a little under the weather back in March and thought for sure I'd come back positive for the antibodies, but came back negative on it.

J-mobzz

Have him go donate blood with red cross. I did in August and learned that they are doing the antibody test on every donation. I felt a little under the weather back in March and thought for sure I'd come back positive for the antibodies, but came back negative on it.
Hahaha then get hounded by the Red Cross for the rest of your life. They are more ruthless then a crazy ex girlfriend.

Houndoc

He has done plasma donations in the past to help his poor college student budget, so having antibodies would boast what he gets paid for plasma.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Yesterday was my day ten of quarantine after showing symptoms. I fully expected to go to work today. I feel 99% fine, other than having a cough that lingers in the morning for an hour or so. Because of that they won’t let me back. I can’t have any symptoms or I might spread the virus, even though they agreed that I’m no longer contagious. I’m not contagious but I can still spread it, says the genius’s that run the company I work for. 😡

ID Bronco

Yesterday was my day ten of quarantine after showing symptoms. I fully expected to go to work today. I feel 99% fine, other than having a cough that lingers in the morning for an hour or so. Because of that they won’t let me back. I can’t have any symptoms or I might spread the virus, even though they agreed that I’m no longer contagious. I’m not contagious but I can still spread it, says the genius’s that run the company I work for. 😡

Typical logic being used with this virus.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
It just keeps getting better. My two kids that tested negative two Saturdays ago tested negative again. They both had minor symptoms two weeks ago. They have to quarantine for ten more days now. Guess the virus isn’t that contagious. They were by my side the last two weeks. So tired of this.

ID Bronco

It just keeps getting better. My two kids that tested negative two Saturdays ago tested negative again. They both had minor symptoms two weeks ago. They have to quarantine for ten more days now. Guess the virus isn’t that contagious. They were by my side the last two weeks. So tired of this.

Similar thing happened to us, my 12 year old has been at home (our kids go to school in person) since Halloween and won't go back until after Thanksgiving.

ID Bronco

I liked this article I read today.

Some of you may enjoy it.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I liked this article I read today.

Some of you may enjoy it.

Wish the people in charge would read and listen to that. But we know that won’t happen especially now. Interesting about how many will likely die of starvation and be put back into poverty because of the reaction. Too bad that won’t ever be shown on CNN

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm just baffled that people are taking this and actually believe that governors have the authority to do any of this.
Herbert doesn't even have the authority for the mask mandate and yet you have others completely shutting down businesses... astonishing.

Attachment related.

Attachments

• 1606352997672.png
    1606352997672.png
    348.7 KB · Views: 43