Coronavirus

shortstraw8

I am terrible with laws and fancy worded BS in general. I am wondering the "fine" for having a get together in your house, can this be enforced via this
https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title53/Chapter2A/53-2a-S102.html definition 14

Since this is not a law and just a code that was clearly put in place by the emergency dictatorship committee in March.
Just wondering what Emperor Kim Jung Herbert and his foot clan can actually do. It is my property, and the people attending are doing so willingly, and anyone not well has already said they are not coming.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I think police showing up at thanksgiving have all the public relations appearances as shooting your dog. Unless there are 1000 people I think cops will just keep on driving.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
They still won’t let me back to work. Blows my mind. My first noticeable symptoms happened on November 13th. Every major medical expert agrees I was no longer contagious ten days after that. I feel 100% now. Each winter I get a cold weather dry cough that lasts the winter. It has now been labeled a COVID cough by very non medical HR people and will cause the virus to spread if I return to work. There’s a “big” conference call tomorrow to determine my fate. I’m not invited.

Anyone need some temp/permanent work help? I can be there first thing in the morning.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
They still won’t let me back to work. Blows my mind. My first noticeable symptoms happened on November 13th. Every major medical expert agrees I was no longer contagious ten days after that. I feel 100% now. Each winter I get a cold weather dry cough that lasts the winter. It has now been labeled a COVID cough by very non medical HR people and will cause the virus to spread if I return to work. There’s a “big” conference call tomorrow to determine my fate. I’m not invited.

Anyone need some temp/permanent work help? I can be there first thing in the morning.

Lame, I got an email about 4 hours after arriving at my mothers for Thanksgiving telling me I had a potential exposure at work. Appears almost everyone of our crew members were "exposed" but only 3 of (8) us received any notice. One of the ground agents was told they had to quarantine by a local contact tracer but they wouldn't send any documentation so the company wouldn't let him off :rofl: such a damn joke.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

Did the Salt Lake County Health Dept. clear you? They gave my wife a letter saying she was cleared to go back to work after the 10 days. It's one of the papers she had to provide her employer. (they wanted every paper from every step for their files or whatever)

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I received that clearance email on the 23rd and passed it on the my boss. As I recall I felt great then and fully expected to go back to work the next day. And here we are week later.

What I haven’t received yet is the paperwork stating I have (had) COVID in the first place. They want it. Trying to get through to the health department is like winning the lottery.

Kirk

I have been wondering why I don't hear people talk about how many recovered cases are being removed from the "active" pool cound each day. Every day, the active cases from 21 days previous should drop out of the pool - so if new cases stay flat for 21 days, the total active cases shouldn't really change. I looked at the last 10 days counts, and also the corresponding counts from 21 days previous. The "pool" has stayed pretty flat: (recent trend down)

1606769777597.png

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
It's amazing how one virus affects people so differently. From having no idea you have the virus, to killing you. I can't think of another illness with such a range. Seems like any other, it's "this is what's going to happen to you and this is what we need to do to fix it".

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well after two phone calls with HR and my boss I get to go back to work in the morning. I assume it’s just so they can fire me in person. They have left me feeling like I made a huge mistake. That I am the bad guy in all of this.
They kept repeating over and over that they need to look out for the other teammates. In their eyes, because I have a cough, I am still contagious. It doesn’t matter how long it has been since the onset of symptoms. I am still contagious. Even though they hold my release from salt lake county health. These are people I consider friends, and they turned on me in a heartbeat.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Well after two phone calls with HR and my boss I get to go back to work in the morning. I assume it’s just so they can fire me in person. They have left me feeling like I made a huge mistake. That I am the bad guy in all of this.
They kept repeating over and over that they need to look out for the other teammates. In their eyes, because I have a cough, I am still contagious. It doesn’t matter how long it has been since the onset of symptoms. I am still contagious. Even though they hold my release from salt lake county health. These are people I consider friends, and they turned on me in a heartbeat.
If they fire you, you'll have a pretty good lawsuit. It's a health condition and is protected. The feds even changed fmla laws to protect covid victims. You could take 13 weeks of leave and they have to pay you 2/3ds of your wage. I'd let them know you are calling a lawyer if they make a single threat. My employer tried to play hard ball with people, then quickly walked that back once it got challenged by a lawyer.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Hopefully it's not that, @UNSTUCK . You know what's crazy, though? Lots of people don't even want to work. And, after everything went to hell these past few months, I've applied to a bunch of places and it's like they don't want to hire, either. .

This, we are running incredibly short handed. Thousands of pilots out of work thousands of low time pilots looking for jobs..... yet we are running short handed 🤯