Coronavirus

Coco

My dad has it pretty good right now. Its put him out for 7 days now.

Sounds like my dad has turned the corner, and is starting to feel better. His fever broke yesterday, and says he is starting to feel good. I told him to still take it easy, his body is obviously still recovering. Hopefully he listened.

Inevitably my mom now tested positive, so hopefully she doesn't get it as bad as he did, but we will see.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Sounds like my dad has turned the corner, and is starting to feel better. His fever broke yesterday, and says he is starting to feel good. I told him to still take it easy, his body is obviously still recovering. Hopefully he listened.

Inevitably my mom now tested positive, so hopefully she doesn't get it as bad as he did, but we will see.

Glad to hear things are improving for your dad. Hopefully your mom doesn't have near the trouble.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well I didn’t want to jinx it. Still employed. Went in yesterday. My direct boss never said a word to me about COVID or my time off. His boss is the one I spent most of my time talking to over phone, email, text while I was out. I never saw him yesterday. Today was similar. My boss only said a couple words to me during our production meeting. The big boss interrupted the meeting with several items. He never attends the meeting. He looked at, and talked to everyone there, but me. At one point he was talking to someone and I interrupted with a (good) idea on their subject. Without a word he went right back to talking to the other guy about the issue I had just solved.
So I’m still there, but I’m not.

I’ll add that I sent a nice email to the HR lady I was working with. She is out of state in another branch. I apologized for making things difficult for her through the process. She called me later today and we had a nice/normal conversation about unrelated HR stuff. (I still think she is wrong about all things COVID. Just better to move on and makes friends.)

If it makes sense, it must be misinformation, and we can't have any of that.
While individual classifications might be inflated due to COVID, the overall death rate seems to be increased even more than the COVID numbers would explain. See this report

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
While individual classifications might be inflated due to COVID, the overall death rate seems to be increased even more than the COVID numbers would explain. See this report
Just the suicide and overdose deaths have jumped last time I looked. Add to those the increased health issues from sitting at home eating or drinking too much and it is not at all surprising that total death numbers would go up. My wife and I have conversed about how bad our lives would be if this had happened during a period we where having a hard time getting along. Or even worse, when we were married to our ex's. No escape through normal social channels is hard on anyone who doesn't have a stable home life and I'd wager that is the majority of people, not the minority.

Pike2350

I dont put much faith in that "table". The figures are suspect and I already found this article about another table that is being circulated being misleading.....the article is referencing a different table. https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2872MV

I went to the 2019 website listed and it does show 2,855,000. However if you look at 2020 on the same page it only lists through June is already showing 1,626,000. The average monthly death rate in 2019 is around 240k. Just using the average monthly death rate in 2020 of 271k ...by the end of Sept we would be put us at around 2,439,000 and a year end total of 3,252,000.

If we are having higher death rates this surge chances are it will be above that.....much higher then the 2,818,527.

Even more. The link for 2020 is only listing deaths from 2/1/20-11/28

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201204-201059_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201204-201059_Chrome.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I dont put much faith in that "table". The figures are suspect and I already found this article about another table that is being circulated being misleading.....the article is referencing a different table. https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2872MV

I went to the 2019 website listed and it does show 2,855,000. However if you look at 2020 on the same page it only lists through June is already showing 1,626,000. The average monthly death rate in 2019 is around 240k. Just using the average monthly death rate in 2020 of 271k ...by the end of Sept we would be put us at around 2,439,000 and a year end total of 3,252,000.

If we are having higher death rates this surge chances are it will be above that.....much higher then the 2,818,527.

Even more. The link for 2020 is only listing "virus" type deaths and is also only from 2/1/20

I just revisited the cdc site to check. The numbers are matching just fine. The current reported total of all deaths in 2020 as of TODAY is 2,654,825. That's on par with the projection of previous years.

1607140358929.png

And it's only tracking from 02/01 because on 2/8/2020 they record the first "covid" death. They've already tallied 58,791 deaths to that day since the start of 2020.

Pike2350

I just revisited the cdc site to check. The numbers are matching just fine. The current reported total of all deaths in 2020 as of TODAY is 2,654,825. That's on par with the projection of previous years.

View attachment 133232

And it's only tracking from 02/01 because on 2/8/2020 they record the first "covid" death. They've already tallied 58,791 deaths to that day since the start of 2020.
You seemed to have ignored the header on top of that table. Not to mention the footnote at the bottom

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201204-201059_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201204-201059_Chrome.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20201204-210843_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-210843_Chrome.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 15

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You seemed to have ignored the header on top of that table. Not to mention the footnote at the bottom
No I'm not ignoring it, I'm just smart enough to know that 58,791 recorded "All Deaths" weren't recorded for the day of 2/1/2020 but were pulled from a previous count, hence the header and footnote. My comprehension is intact.

1607141464281.png

Pike2350

No I'm not ignoring it, I'm just smart enough to know that 58,791 recorded "All Deaths" weren't recorded for the day of 2/1/2020 but were pulled from a previous count, hence the header and footnote. My comprehension is intact.

View attachment 133238
So by your comprehension the full month of January was 58k deaths....and each week there after was also 58k+. Got it...makes total sense :rolleyes:

This is all deaths that are coded and the footnote even says it does not include ALL deaths from that time frame.

2/1-2/7 is most likely the 58,791 deaths shown for 2/1
2/8-2/14 is 59,394 shown for 2/8
And so on....which is also why the deaths listed for 11/28 are so much less....because the week isn't fully reported nor completed. It is probably 11/28-12/1.

It flat out says the 2,654,000 is from 2/1 until 11/28...but those are beginning dates for the weeks represented. I guess ignoring that text and the fact that the average monthly deaths for the past 5 years have been around 240k just shows that the number is not fully representing the full year. It represents only 10 months of the year with an average monthly death rate of 265k.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Dude. 2/1 has a value. 2/8 has a value. Where is 2/2 - 2/7? Those are not "per day" values. Those are aggregated results of a time period per report. Say, per week maybe?

edit: (Didn't see your last post) I get what you're saying but you're personally inflating the numbers for whatever reason and without evidence of those numbers. I'm playing the "but muh science" game and looking at the precious numbers.

Last edited:

Pike2350

Dude. 2/1 has a value. 2/8 has a value. Where is 2/2 - 2/7? Those are not "per day" values. Those are aggregated results of a time period per report. Say, per week maybe?

edit: I get what you're saying but you're personally inflating the numbers for whatever reason and without evidence of those numbers. I'm playing the "but muh science" game and looking at the precious numbers.
I dont know what I'm inflating. I am taking exactly what the CDC site and page you posted says. It specifically says it is from 2/1-11/28 AND that it does not include all deaths during that time period.

They have a total death count (that has been coded thus far) of 2,654,00 for the time period they listed...which is 10 months. I am simply taking average and extrapolating it out to a full 12 months.

Average for the 10 month is 265k. There are 44 weeks listed in that table....that means an average of 60,318 deaths per week. If those averages hold then 2020 will hit around
weekly average 60,318x52= 3,136,545 deaths
monthly average 265,400x12=3,184,800 deaths

This isn't all deaths...even by the tables own footnote...but we won't adjust for that....so you will have over 300,000 more deaths then the previous 5 years....again based on the information you posted.

I am not inflating anything......simply taking information given and extrapolating it based on the data set using natural averages.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I dont know what I'm inflating. I am taking exactly what the CDC site and page you posted says. It specifically says it is from 2/1-11/28 AND that it does. It include all deaths during that time period.

They have a total death count (that has been coded thus far) of 2,654,00 for the time period they listed...which is 10 months. I am simply taking average and extrapolating it out to a full 12 months.

Average for the 10 month is 265k. There are 44 weeks listed in that table....that means an average of 60,318 deaths per week. If those averages hold then 2020 will hit around
weekly average 60,318x52= 3,136,545
monthly average 265,400x12=3,184,800

Since this isn't all deaths...but we won't adjust for that....so you have over 300,000 more deaths then the previous 5 years....again based on the information you posted.

I am not inflating anything......simply taking information given and extrapolating it based on the data set using natural averages.
Ok I'm with ya now. I'm shit posting with a couple wiskey's in me so I appreciate your patience. :D

I think the only thing that will settle this is that we wait and see what their numbers end up being in month... even though I still think your extrapolation will be high. It's still not high enough for the response we are seeing.

Pike2350

Ok I'm with ya now. I'm shit posting with a couple wiskey's in me so I appreciate your patience. :D

I think the only thing that will settle this is that we wait and see what their numbers end up being in month... even though I still think your extrapolation will be high. It's still not high enough for the response we are seeing.
🍻 i agree that we will just have to wait and see.

IMHO If the death rate keeps rising like it has been recently I actually think mybextrapplation is a little low. I expect slightly over 3,250,000or so with all deaths finally being coded.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
🍻 i agree that we will just have to wait and see.

IMHO If the death rate keeps rising like it has been recently I actually think mybextrapplation is a little low. I expect slightly over 3,250,000or so with all deaths finally being coded.

So this year 0.009% of the population dies instead of 0.008% and to help the sheep think we've done a good job "combating" the virus we've destroyed at least 10x's as many people lives

Makes sense