Coronavirus

Houndoc

That was published in 2005... I guess doctors don't get their updates from anywhere except from big pharma then.
Not everything is a conspiracy, but it's a fact that the wealthy "elite" get together and conspire against the common man.
No study about a drug's effectiveness to COVID-19 would have been done in 2005 and antivirals are notoriously difficult to predict response from one virus to another, even if in the same family of viruses. An older study provides an initial start, but means very little about how actual treatment against a new virus will turn out.
The veterinary profession has been actively searching for an effective treatment for a cat corona virus, feline infectious peritonitis, for decades with very little result. Some slight progress in the last year, but even antiviral drugs known to be effective against many other diseases in cats have failed consistently.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
No study about a drug's effectiveness to COVID-19 would have been done in 2005 and antivirals are notoriously difficult to predict response from one virus to another, even if in the same family of viruses. An older study provides an initial start, but means very little about how actual treatment against a new virus will turn out.
The veterinary profession has been actively searching for an effective treatment for a cat corona virus, feline infectious peritonitis, for decades with very little result. Some slight progress in the last year, but even antiviral drugs known to be effective against many other diseases in cats have failed consistently.
Uh yea it can. It has to do with the cell response to viral bodies. There are newer studies supporting this with C19 as well.

As for the cats - might be good to hit up a cat lady group on FB and see what they say. :D

... kidding.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Well my career as I planned it still had a little bit of a heartbeat. If this goes through may as well kiss it good by. When this restriction went into place in Hawaii our passenger count dropped by 90% overnight. And it was already down considerably at the time about 30%

“The Biden administration has also been considering mandating COVID-19 tests for domestic travel — which Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg called an “appropriate measure.”

And be ready if you want to travel on top of paying for your covid test for airfare to be a lot higher and way more of a pain because routes are going to get slashed.

4x4_Welder

This was supposed to be the year I was finally able to take the vacation I want, just a leisurely drive down the Pacific Coast. I'm already having to compromise on it because the car I was going to use is dead, I was planning on picking up it's replacement in Santa Cruz before heading back. I may have to crank down there and pick up that car on short notice if they announce a pending lockdown.
Of course, this also means heavy volume at work when I can feel the burnout coming. Probably going back to peak mode, no time off allowed.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
This was supposed to be the year I was finally able to take the vacation I want, just a leisurely drive down the Pacific Coast. I'm already having to compromise on it because the car I was going to use is dead, I was planning on picking up it's replacement in Santa Cruz before heading back. I may have to crank down there and pick up that car on short notice if they announce a pending lockdown.
Of course, this also means heavy volume at work when I can feel the burnout coming. Probably going back to peak mode, no time off allowed.
Just add a DoorDash or Lyft decal to your vehicles and you won't be bothered in California.

xjtony

Trust the numbers right? In this perticular case the numbers were hidden instead of inflated, but it proves the overall point. The Cuomo administration has admitted to missrepresenting nursing home deaths by 40%. I believe that its been said on here a few times that there is no way this is happening. Stuff like this is why there is so much distrust of the "official line"

Houndoc

Well my career as I planned it still had a little bit of a heartbeat. If this goes through may as well kiss it good by. When this restriction went into place in Hawaii our passenger count dropped by 90% overnight. And it was already down considerably at the time about 30%

“The Biden administration has also been considering mandating COVID-19 tests for domestic travel — which Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg called an “appropriate measure.”

And be ready if you want to travel on top of paying for your covid test for airfare to be a lot higher and way more of a pain because routes are going to get slashed.

I don't see how that would impact Hawaii, since testing is already required to travel there (I get my test Thursday and leave Saturday.)

That said, I also don't see the point in testing for travel at this stage, since the virus is already world-wide.

Trust the numbers right? In this perticular case the numbers were hidden instead of inflated, but it proves the overall point. The Cuomo administration has admitted to missrepresenting nursing home deaths by 40%. I believe that its been said on here a few times that there is no way this is happening. Stuff like this is why there is so much distrust of the "official line"

Keep in mind that was count of deaths associated with care centers, not total deaths.

But I do agree that any manipulation just results in general distrust and does a lot of harm (an idea that extends to government far beyond COVID)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I don't see how that would impact Hawaii, since testing is already required to travel there (I get my test Thursday and leave Saturday.)

It wouldn’t impact Hawaii it already has, I was referencing the impact I saw when interisland travel restrictions (required test) went into place. 90% drop in travel overnight. Which would be similar to traveling between states on the mainland. As I said it wouldn’t be as drastic but would still have a significant impact.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Boy I bet the ministry of information has just been jonesing to publish this headline

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Boy I bet the ministry of information has just been jonesing to publish this headline

I just spent the weekend in Idaho. If this was real, nearly everybody there would be dead because nobody wears a mask up there from what I could tell. It was awesome. No "you're killing Gammy" looks or anything.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I just spent the weekend in Idaho. If this was real, nearly everybody there would be dead because nobody wears a mask up there from what I could tell. It was awesome. No "you're killing Gammy" looks or anything.
Except in Boise. I was there last week and it's like SLC. Outside of Boise though, it's pretty awesome.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Question for the business owners since I cannot find a clear answer online.

If a company is receiving cares act funding can they charge an employee sick PTO if they are out because of covid exposure?

I have this code on my paycheck.

What is FF PSL EE pay?
Families First Employee Pay- (ADP code is FF-PSL-EE) To be used if the employee is unable to work due to being quarantined (due to a Federal, State, or local government order or advice of a healthcare provider), and/or experiencing COVID19 symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis.

Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The FFCRA generally requires employers with less than 500 employees to provide a certain amount of paid sick and paid leave to employees affected by COVID-19, and provides affected employers with a corresponding employment tax credit. In addition, the FFCRA temporarily expands Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requirements to offer protected leave related to the coronavirus.

But was also charged PTO but not paid for the PTO

Last edited:

Pike2350

Not a business owner, nor in HR...but have dealt with it a little bit.

The FF is the what the company will get reimbursed for by the .gov. Them charging you PTO shouldn't be happening. I would bring this up with HR. it may very well be a mistake. They could also be trying to be dicks and trying to make sure you don't get "more" sick time then you would in a normal year...so they are deducting the PTO hours but using the FF pay so they don't have to cover it. Seems sketchy if it is that...but I have also seen many companies struggling with the way to handle the CARE act stuff.

Paul R

Yep in general terms the company may be going and getting reimbursement from 941 forms (payroll taxes) to cover the time off. However, this is voluntary at this point (since Jan 1) and they may or may not be participating in the reimbursement. It is a royal pain to deal with. It also ends at the end of the month. They may have it coded that way to see who is off for COVID tracking purposes but not getting the reimbursements in which case it would follow whatever the normal leave policy would be.

It would be worth checking with HR to make sure everything is set up properly. If they are choosing to participate, they likely should give you the PTO back.