Coronavirus

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
FWIW I had my vaccination on the 1st since the ministry of travel says I can visit friends on other islands without having to pay $150 each way for a test if i'm vaccinated. I was way more sick yesterday than I was at any point during actual covid. I'm fairly certain I could have cooked an egg on my body. Woke myself up from shivering so bad several times.
My bro and I both got our 2nd shots a week ago today. I just got back from a weekend of spotting at Supercrawl late the night before and was EXHAUSTED. I thought for sure the vaccine would be the death of me- like I was setting it up perfectly. I got the shot and had no symptoms, not even a headache. My bro on the other hand who was well-rested and everything had a fever for like 3 days and was pretty much in bed. I was baffled.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
My bro and I both got our 2nd shots a week ago today. I just got back from a weekend of spotting at Supercrawl late the night before and was EXHAUSTED. I thought for sure the vaccine would be the death of me- like I was setting it up perfectly. I got the shot and had no symptoms, not even a headache. My bro on the other hand who was well-rested and everything had a fever for like 3 days and was pretty much in bed. I was baffled.

Heard the same from lots of people that received the shot at the same time. Thinking half of these shots are placebos :spork:. But Houndoc will call me a crazy conspiracy theorist.

I don't know what was in mine but my body certainly didn't appreciate it. Sure it was good for me though :rolleyes:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My boss just walked into my office and said the big boss wants to know who all has gotten the vaccine. "Don't worry, I'm not writing down names." I told him I'd prefer not to answer that question. He respected my decision and left.
After a little research I found out that they can legally ask me that. Covid has really changed who has what knowledge in regards to my health. :rolleyes:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
My boss just walked into my office and said the big boss wants to know who all has gotten the vaccine. "Don't worry, I'm not writing down names." I told him I'd prefer not to answer that question. He respected my decision and left.
After a little research I found out that they can legally ask me that. Covid has really changed who has what knowledge in regards to my health. :rolleyes:
Yep it's crazy what this pandemic allows them to ask and do... My employer is planning on lifting mask restrictions for those employees who have been vaccinated, but leaving the mask mandate for those who have elected not to be vaccinated. It's text-book discrimination at it's finest, but apparently it's OK to do in these circumstances.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Yep it's crazy what this pandemic allows them to ask and do... My employer is planning on lifting mask restrictions for those employees who have been vaccinated, but leaving the mask mandate for those who have elected not to be vaccinated. It's text-book discrimination at it's finest, but apparently it's OK to do in these circumstances.
We got the same BS

Further, be aware that, though we do not plan to make the vaccine mandatory for any employee, we must implement policies to serve the interests of the company as a whole and all of our colleagues as individuals. Please be mindful when making your personal vaccination decision that whenever federal and state mask mandates are eventually lifted, ********* and ******* will continue to require mask use for an extended period of time for any employee who has not been vaccinated.

And I didnā€™t bold and italicize that, thatā€™s how it came in the email.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
As an employer, I would consult an attorney before I started doing anything like that. I am sure somebody could make a case for discrimination, but there could also be some HIPPA concerns there. There is no mandate to get the vaccine, so there should be no mandate to disclose whether you have received it or not.

You might be able to make the same HIPPA argument for taking an employees temperature and stuff like that. I'm guessing you wouldn't get too far down that road under current circumstances.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
As an employer, I would consult an attorney before I started doing anything like that. I am sure somebody could make a case for discrimination, but there could also be some HIPPA concerns there. There is no mandate to get the vaccine, so there should be no mandate to disclose whether you have received it or not.
Then there is the whole FDA approval thing, is your attorney comfortable with requiring non-FDA approved drugs? If we find out that it causes you to grow a third eye in 5 years and your company required it who's going to get sued?

Tonkaman

Maybe you guys missed this article:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Maybe you guys missed this article:

I did miss that, however it doesn't change the fact that it isn't FDA approved and if employers start pushing non-FDA approved treatment then the boss's wife can get all the employees in her downline for her essential oils as a requirement of employment...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The mask mandate ends today. It puts a lot of businesses in a tough spot. If we require masks, we know the pain of that discussion only gets worse. If we don't, then people will bitch how we aren't protecting our customers and employees. It's as close to lose lose as you can get.

For employees, I could require them, but I don't feel Iike that's my place to do so (my employees likely will wear them on their own anyway). But if they don't have a mask, then it'll be bad review city from the cancel culture kids.

Preeetttyy lame rock and hard place to be stuck in.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
All the vaccines currently being distributed in the US have received FDA Emeregency Use Authorizations.
I understand there is a big difference between "FDA approved" (usually a two year process of testing and whatnot) and emergency use authorization. "Given the situation we're going to go ahead and allow this and cross our fingers it all works out".

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I understand there is a big difference between "FDA approved" (usually a two year process of testing and whatnot) and emergency use authorization. "Given the situation we're going to go ahead and allow this and cross our fingers it all works out".
Obviously, but from a legal standpoint the FDA has given the greenlight for these vaccines to be used.

ID Bronco

Headline today talked about the administration, "targeting areas of resistance" to the vaccine. Usually that word has strong meaning, I believe we can expect the strongest meaning behind it here too.

So if you are choosing not to take the vaccine you are part of the Resistance. Interesting, it's probably nothing.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Headline today talked about the administration, "targeting areas of resistance" to the vaccine. Usually that word has strong meaning, I believe we can expect the strongest meaning behind it here too.

So if you are choosing not to take the vaccine you are part of the Resistance. Interesting, it's probably nothing.
Indeed and the vaccine propaganda is certainly getting more prevalent. Next thing you know people will be running around in old vans offering free ice cream with vaccine.

Biden says he intends to have 70% of the population immunized by July. Vaccine demand has severely tapered off. Guess he just doesnā€™t realize probably fewer than 70% of the population wants to be vaccinated. My guess to keep this goal weā€™ll see more fed restrictions on non-vaccinated persons. Might start feeling like another form of government :spork: