Coronavirus

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Sorry guys late night rambling....but I find myself just sick of the bickering and the politicization of just about everything.....everything is so Us vs Them now.

Not to be a punk and point out the obvious.. but your entire post is CREATING a you vs them dialog. You lumped everyone not of your view into the ‘right’ and called them conspiracy nuts.

I am also tired of the political garbage. So I minimize my comments in threads like this, stay off of social media as often as possible, don’t watch too much of the news, etc.
we can only be as upset as we let ourselves get.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
@Pike2350 I completely understand where you're coming from. I've removed myself over the last several years from all social media.

It's funny you say that because I see more political stuff on RME than I do on FB or IG. It really just depends on who you "follow" and what you click on. Obviously I click on this and other threads knowing they're going to be political. I just think people saying "social media is all garbage" is unfair considering we still have a choice of what our "feeds" are full of. Mine are full of rock crawling!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
It's funny you say that because I see more political stuff on RME than I do on FB or IG. It really just depends on who you "follow" and what you click on. Obviously I click on this and other threads knowing they're going to be political. I just think people saying "social media is all garbage" is unfair considering we still have a choice of what our "feeds" are full of. Mine are full of rock crawling!
THIS!!!
I was totally over FB last spring, took about a month and a half off. When I returned, I mostly read jeep, mtb and moto pages. I get almost zero "news" stories now. FB is a giant mirror as much as we hate to face that. You get back what you put out. If you comment on every new story that has an outrageous headline, the algorithms feeds you more of that. If you just look at jeeps and dirt bikes, that's what you get.

I'm right there with Tony. I'd help any of you any time. We are far more similar than we are different. We should be able to talk about our conflicting opinions without hating each other for it. Hell I even have friends, close ones that like Smith and Wesson's.

xjtony

You're not wrong there. Honestly I've never been a social media guy. I originally got on FB because it was the most convenient way to keep in touch with people as we deployed and moved, but it very quickly grew beyond where I got much use out of it (read as I'm an old fuddy duddy). I deleted my account several years ago and never looked back. I do miss a few groups that I was part of from time to time, but from the beginning it just wasn't something that I was drawn too.
@Coco I get all kinds of greif from my gun buddies about my Tupperware gun, but a few years ago I forgot to clean it after a Moab trip and went to the range. I'm pretty sure about a pound of sand fell out after grinding through the trigger but it never slowed down. The only time I've ever felt bad about how I treated a gun lol.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
You're not wrong there. Honestly I've never been a social media guy. I originally got on FB because it was the most convenient way to keep in touch with people as we deployed and moved, but it very quickly grew beyond where I got much use out of it (read as I'm an old fuddy duddy). I deleted my account several years ago and never looked back. I do miss a few groups that I was part of from time to time, but from the beginning it just wasn't something that I was drawn too.
@Coco I get all kinds of greif from my gun buddies about my Tupperware gun, but a few years ago I forgot to clean it after a Moab trip and went to the range. I'm pretty sure about a pound of sand fell out after grinding through the trigger but it never slowed down. The only time I've ever felt bad about how I treated a gun lol.
you know how to tell if ammo will function in a dishwasher safe pistol (Glock)? if it fits in the magazine :rofl:

Pike2350

Not to be a punk and point out the obvious.. but your entire post is CREATING a you vs them dialog. You lumped everyone not of your view into the ‘right’ and called them conspiracy nuts.

I am also tired of the political garbage. So I minimize my comments in threads like this, stay off of social media as often as possible, don’t watch too much of the news, etc.
we can only be as upset as we let ourselves get.
You can read it how you want....i didnt lump everyone not of my view as 'right' nor did I say all of them are conspiracy nuts. Nor am I creating an dialogue about me vs them. I am pointing out what I see.

If you can honestly sit there and say that people looking for some conspiracy in Covid or the election, etc aren't as a GIANT majority right then we obviously differ there.

I am pointing out, and have numerous times in other posts...how BOTH sides refuse to be objective to the other sides arguments. It isn't anything new...it has just gotten so much worse over the past 12 years. When Trump was in office the left was yelling conspiracy about Russia and such. Now it's the right yelling about conspiracy's. Neither side is being objective....and both sides are defending "their guy" vehemently.....there appears to be little in the way of middle ground anymore.

Clinton and Ben ghazi never went anywhere, Fast & Furious never went anywhere, Russia involvement in '16 never went anywhere....yet each side feels the other is wrong and hiding something. What ever happened to they're all POS's and did some shady shit? I dont agree with any of what they did...on either side. I think they were all somewhat corrupt and did things wrong and self serving and very likely illegal. However depending on who I talk to they will call me "nazi", "racist, "communist" or "liberal" if I dont agree with them.

So I am sorry if you take me very disheartened with both sides right now....yet mentioning the right on a subject that is basically one they have conspiracies about...i apologize.

As for social media...I dont3 have any and never have (an old FB account under a fake name for 1 long since disbanded wheeling group) i spend almost all my time here, Irate4x4, MSN, KSL....the internet is very small for me.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
As more comes out, I feel pretty secure in saying that we are entering a new realm of biological warfare when labs are working to create super viruses.

A small excerpt
In the case of the gain-of-function supercharge, other sequences could have been spliced into this same site. Instead of a CGG-CGG (known as “double CGG”) that tells the protein factory to make two arginine amino acids in a row, you’ll obtain equal lethality by splicing any one of 35 of the other two-word combinations for double arginine. If the insertion takes place naturally, say through recombination, then one of those 35 other sequences is far more likely to appear; CGG is rarely used in the class of coronaviruses that can recombine with CoV-2.

In fact, in the entire class of coronaviruses that includes CoV-2, the CGG-CGG combination has never been found naturally. That means the common method of viruses picking up new skills, called recombination, cannot operate here. A virus simply cannot pick up a sequence from another virus if that sequence isn’t present in any other virus.

Although the double CGG is suppressed naturally, the opposite is true in laboratory work. The insertion sequence of choice is the double CGG. That’s because it is readily available and convenient, and scientists have a great deal of experience inserting it. An additional advantage of the double CGG sequence compared with the other 35 possible choices: It creates a useful beacon that permits the scientists to track the insertion in the laboratory.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
View attachment 138094

Don't "Be like Mike."

Seriously.

Sometimes in life when something happens or someone says something that gets under my skin, I take a look at it and reflect on why it bothers me. 2020 was great for that. Most times in my life when someone said something that hurt my feelings it was because there was some sort of sliver of truth or exposure or whatever.

I'll say this, at least for me, I don't mind people jumping into the deep end over here, expressing their thoughts or having it out. I feel like this is a good, respectful, accepting community and it would be a downright shame if we all thought alike.
Seriously this^^^
If a blue haired, vegan from San Francisco has an opinion that is totally foreign to me, it make sense. They live in a different world and have different interest and thought processes than me. When a person in this group has a totally different opinion than me, I try and always ask myself what made them think that way. We at least have a number of common interests and lifestyle choices. It makes me question my thought processes and try to eliminate tribal and emotional nonsense. I dig it even if it gets somewhat heated at times.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
"The limited data shows that most of the patients — at least 81% of them — had a full recovery from their symptoms, Shimabukuro said."

While it's interesting, I don't think this is a smoking gun for the vaccine=bad crowd... especially considering heart inflammation can also be caused by COVID. Should everybody take all things into consideration and make their own choice about vaccinations? Absofrickinlutely. Especially with teens since so many of them seem to have asymptomatic or mild cases.

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
So everyone in my household had covid in November, ( during my elk hunt😭) we can't seem to get a straight answer about needing the shot if you have had covid already. Half the docs we talk to tell us we still need the shot, the other half tell us we are ok. And then three days ago at our First aid team training, the lady nurse that was presenting told us that Covid has been blown way out of proportion and that it just a damn shame what "they have done to our economy, and our children's education) I don't know wtf the think about it anymore.

Pike2350

I was told after my family got it at the end of January that for roughly 90 days we were considered "immune? This came from Salt Lake County Health Dept. Most vaccines at that time had questions about being positive within the past 90 days. My friends family had been told roughly 150 days when they had it last summer. I think they are realizing a little more about it but still dont know how long "immunity" lasts, and just like everything other affect this virus has, it may be very different for every body.

My wife and I both got our shots at the beginning of May.

xjtony

The health department told me that they considered us vaccinated after testing positive. I imagine I'll still need to get the shot for work at some point, but I have been waiting for the new one to get approved. My wife is very untrusting of how quickly they were pushed through so it's been difficult to convince her to get one. At least I guess this gives us a little buffer time. The guidance has really changed. Basically the health department told me not to come within 6 feet of anyone who had not tested positive until 10 days after I got sick.