Coronavirus

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Does anybody on here know someone that has been hospitalized or died from the government chip implant (vaccine)? Not a friend of a friend of a friend twice removed or anything nonsensical, please.

I ask because the talk of how bad the vaccine is kind of surprises me since I have had 2 extended family members actually die from COVID so I just wanted to poll the people.

Disclaimer: I still think people getting vaccinated (or not) is their choice.

Disclaimer 2: If your reason is you just don't want to get it or you don't trust the gubment etc, no comment needed because that's not the discussion I'm interested in :p

Houndoc

Does anybody on here know someone that has been hospitalized or died from the government chip implant (vaccine)? Not a friend of a friend of a friend twice removed or anything nonsensical, please.

I ask because the talk of how bad the vaccine is kind of surprises me since I have had 2 extended family members actually die from COVID so I just wanted to poll the people.

Disclaimer 2: If your reason is you just don't want to get it or you don't trust the gubment etc, no comment needed because that's not the discussion I'm interested in :p
An employees father spent one night in the hospital a day or two after his shot for dehydration. No long term negative impacts.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

My best friends grandfather died of a bloodclot stroke 1 week after injection. Related or not? I don't know for sure.

xjtony

My neighbors sister ended up doing an emergency C section 48 hours after her first shot and spent several days with the baby in the hospital. Like Herzog said not sure if it was related or just bad timing. Just a day or two of sniffles for anyone else I personally know that has received it.

N-Smooth

Just like both of you said, hard to say if they were related but on the flipside it's obviously hard to say if plenty of deaths were actually from COVID as well. I definitely expected some input like this.

Houndoc

Just like both of you said, hard to say if they were related but on the flipside it's obviously hard to say if plenty of deaths were actually from COVID as well. I definitely expected some input like this.
Actually, they look very closely at all deaths in COVID positive cases to determine what the real cause of death was. Utah has even removed some cases from the list of COVID deaths after further study.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
@xj_nate , a very good, lifelong friend's wife got Guillain-Barré syndrome. She's getting better but spent a considerable time in hospice care. She can't drive or work but is recovering slowly. Last time we spoke, her doctor expected a full recovery in 12-18 months.
GBS is an auto-immune disorder that even before the reports of a statistically significant number of people were coming down with it after getting the shot, it is not really known what causes it. I believe that there is a major genetic component to how people react to this vaccine and even though the Pfizer vaccine now has FDA approval, we still do not know the long term reactions that people are having and what could possible show up in the next 12 months. I am far from anti vax, I am just cautiously hesitant to trust something rushed through this fast.

In my previous life when I was working on the patient care side I worked with GBS patients. We did a procedure called Apheresis where we would remove their plasma which contained antibodies from their autoimmune response. We would replace their plasma with albumin in most cases unless their blood work was out of whack and they were at risk from bleeding due to low platelet levels.......in that case they were given FFP (Fresh Frozen Plasma) that is collected when you donate a unit of blood. The premise of the whole procedure was to bring down the level of circulating antibodies so that the medicine could work better to slow the autoimmune response.

N-Smooth

GBS is an auto-immune disorder that even before the reports of a statistically significant number of people were coming down with it after getting the shot, it is not really known what causes it. I believe that there is a major genetic component to how people react to this vaccine and even though the Pfizer vaccine now has FDA approval, we still do not know the long term reactions that people are having and what could possible show up in the next 12 months. I am far from anti vax, I am just cautiously hesitant to trust something rushed through this fast.

In my previous life when I was working on the patient care side I worked with GBS patients. We did a procedure called Apheresis where we would remove their plasma which contained antibodies from their autoimmune response. We would replace their plasma with albumin in most cases unless their blood work was out of whack and they were at risk from bleeding due to low platelet levels.......in that case they were given FFP (Fresh Frozen Plasma) that is collected when you donate a unit of blood. The premise of the whole procedure was to bring down the level of circulating antibodies so that the medicine could work better to slow the autoimmune response.
I wish we could know the long term effects (if any) of the vaccine but we also don't know the long term effects of COVID either. We're all rolling the dice :grimacing:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I wish we could know the long term effects (if any) of the vaccine but we also don't know the long term effects of COVID either. We're all rolling the dice :grimacing:
Yup.........Just like the down winders did not know the long term effects of nuclear testing...............we do not know the long term effects of the this Chinese nuclear bomb.

N-Smooth

A guy many of you probably know, Jon Van Wagoner is in critical condition right now from lung damage caused by COVID.

I know this thread probably isn't the best place for this but couldn't think of where to put it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
A guy many of you probably know, Jon Van Wagoner is in critical condition right now from lung damage caused by COVID.

I know this thread probably isn't the best place for this but couldn't think of where to put it.

Oh, man! Hope things work out

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I was only 'against' the covid shot similar to the way that I am 'against' the flu shot. I didn't want a needle in my arm. I have had the flu shot once in my life, when my wife brought it home from work and made me take it.
It was the variant that made me decide to get the shot. I figured if the shot helps reduce the symptoms, it seems worth the trouble this time.
As far as chemicals go, as said, we wont know any REAL consequences for years and years, and then we can all join the law suits at the time that will be similar to todays asbestos, benzene, PFAS, ect.
I still drink from the garden hose, now made in China with extra lead.
Take half a second to look at the chemicals in everything you eat :puke:. If that hasn't killed us, I doubt the covid shot will.
I specifically went for the Pfizer. The J&J has had way too many coincidences and actual data showing negative effects, some of which were pretty nasty.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
The covid vaccine makers are protected from any liability.
It's an interesting thought for sure. Make a vaccine in record time (sure it wasn't totally from scratch, but still), do some testing, get emergency approval, a short time later get full approval. All the while being protected from any harm from potential screw ups.
I assume at this point the liability has to rest with the FDA? Can the FDA be sued if need be?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I got my first shot 5 minutes ago. Still alive. My employer made it clear they weren't interested in medical or religious exemptions and I can't afford to gamble my employment. I have never felt so manipulated in my adult life. I'm also not anti Vax but I don't even take ibuprofen. My thought is if I can live without it, it's better to avoid potential side affects that are inherent to any medicine. I'm also an ass hole and the second they told me I had to, I was determined not to. They also require every safety protocol for vaccinated people that the unvaxed have, so they are really incentivizing it. Basically, we don't think vaccines are effective and we are requiring you to get one.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
An article supporting my thoughts about infection. I'm sure we can all find writings that support our positions? It does also support a vaccine even after having the disease.

COVID infection vs. COVID vaccine: Which protects you longer?​

New research suggests antibodies from infection last longer than antibodies from the COVID-19 vaccine

By Herb Scribner@HerbScribner Updated Aug 25, 2021, 6:33am MDT

A new study suggests that antibodies from the COVID-19 vaccine fade faster than antibodies created by COVID-19 infection, Reuters reports.

Doctors at one of the biggest health centers in Israel found that protective antibody levels drop among those who received the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine from Pfizer faster than they do in COVID-19 survivors, according to Reuters.

1629908259478.png

This 2020 electron microscope image provided by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases — Rocky Mountain Laboratories shows SARS-CoV-2 virus particles which cause COVID-19, isolated from a patient in the U.S., emerging from the surface of cells cultured in a lab. NIAID-RML via Associated Press
  • roAntibody levels dropped 40% per month by vaccinated people.
  • But antibodies levels drop 5% per month for the COVID-19 survivors.
  • After six months, 84% of vaccinated people still had some level of antibodies. But 90% of unvaccinated COVID-19 survivors still had some levels of antibodies (it’s unclear how much).
The researchers suggest COVID-19 protection wanes faster from the vaccine than natural infection.

RELATED

CDC director reveals why we should expect breakthrough COVID-19 cases

Recent real-world U.K. data suggests that people were best protected against the coronavirus when they got the COVID-19 vaccine. However, protection from the delta variant “was higher when people had previously caught COVID-19” after they had been vaccinated, too, the researchers said. This applies to those who were infected with COVID-19 during the pandemic and then later got fully vaccinated.

• That said, the researchers said it would be “completely irresponsible” for people to purposefully get COVID-19 after they’ve gotten vaccinated since they can still end up hospitalized. the study’s lead author Sarah Walker told Business Insider.
Recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 99.999% of fully vaccinated Americans did not experience a breakthrough COVID-19 case that led to hospitalization or death, as I wrote for the Deseret News.

N-Smooth

I'm also an ass hole and the second they told me I had to, I was determined not to. They also require every safety protocol for vaccinated people that the unvaxed have, so they are really incentivizing it. Basically, we don't think vaccines are effective and we are requiring you to get one.

I totally get both these points. We're going to L.A this weekend to see a show and we're not only required to show vaccine cards to get in but we still have to wear masks as well. Either one is irritating but both is really dumb. That being said, as a business I believe they have the right to decide their requirements for entry just as I have the right to spend my money elsewhere.