Coronavirus

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I hate having my hand forced, but with the requirement being pushed on us by the Government, the company I work for has decided to require all employees to be vaccinated by Dec 8th or they will medically DQ you... basically, fire you for not complying. Their logic is that we are a government contractor, moving military equipment.

There are a lot of employees saying they will not get vaccinated, which is awesome and I support, but I'm not willing to give up a career that I've been working on for almost 18 yrs. Sadly, I have given in and had my 2nd shot today. The company I work for is currently expecting to loose 30-40% of it's workforce and have told managers that any jobs that open up after Dec 8th vacancies can be listed for hire right away. :eek:

Sounds like some opportunities for advancement coming soon! Anyone looking for a job? You'll need to be fully vaxx'd. :rolleyes:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I hate having my hand forced, but with the requirement being pushed on us by the Government, the company I work for has decided to require all employees to be vaccinated by Dec 8th or they will medically DQ you... basically, fire you for not complying. Their logic is that we are a government contractor, moving military equipment.

There are a lot of employees saying they will not get vaccinated, which is awesome and I support, but I'm not willing to give up a career that I've been working on for almost 18 yrs. Sadly, I have given in and had my 2nd shot today. The company I work for is currently expecting to loose 30-40% of it's workforce and have told managers that any jobs that open up after Dec 8th vacancies can be listed for hire right away. :eek: Sounds like some opportunities for advancement coming soon! Anyone looking for a job? You'll need to be fully vaxx'd. :rolleyes:
I wonder how this is going to fix our supply chain issues? :D

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped

There are a lot of employees saying they will not get vaccinated, which is awesome and I support, but I'm not willing to give up a career that I've been working on for almost 18 yrs. Sadly, I have given in and had my 2nd shot today. The company I work for is currently expecting to loose 30-40% of it's workforce and have told managers that any jobs that open up after Dec 8th vacancies can be listed for hire right away. :eek: Sounds like some opportunities for advancement coming soon! Anyone looking for a job? You'll need to be fully vaxx'd. :rolleyes:
Sadly I'm in the same boat, work is requiring either an exemption or fully vaccinated by Dec 15. I think one of my co-workers is looking for other work. I put in for an exemption but I kind of doubt they are going to give it to me. There are 3 of us on the team, loose one and it will be interesting.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I've applied for an accommodation, but expect to be fired soon. No shot for me. The mandate can't stay in effect for ever. I may use my GI bill and find a local fabrication course. I could even go full time until this passes over. Taking a shot is not something that should be threatened - of all countries it should not be the USA

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
No shot for me. The mandate can't stay in effect for ever. I may use my GI bill and find a local fabrication course. I could even go full time until this passes over. Taking a shot is not something that should be threatened - of all countries it should not be the USA
Same. I'll walk if it comes to it. I'll find other work somehow. So far we've had no mention of anything yet so I hoping the Texas company that purchased our company this year is as based as they sound.

On another note: I've heard there actually isn't even a real EO for this, that it's just been a media stunt by Brandon & Co., probably because they KNOW this would never stand against SCOTUS. But I guess we'll see. I'm at a loss for words now days. All my stupid conspiracies came true and now I have to find new ones.

xjtony

I can tell you from the government employment side that there is an EO. We are a contractor and are going to run a risk of not being able to fulfill our contract after people walk out due to the mandate. We work at remote facilities so it's hard enough filling those jobs with qualified techs even without this new rule.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I've escaped this so far surprisingly enough. I work for a Technical College that is state funded but we haven't been forced into anything yet, and we're one of the only colleges in the state that does not require masks. It's very conservatively ran so I think it would take a lot to force vaccinations.
I'm pretty sure the trades programs would be shut down if that happened though. I know none of the guys in my program (welding) have gotten or intend to get the shot and we have the most employees out of any of the programs.

The UV rays keep the environment sterilized right? 😂

The_Lobbster

I've escaped this so far surprisingly enough. I work for a Technical College that is state funded but we haven't been forced into anything yet, and we're one of the only colleges in the state that does not require masks. It's very conservatively ran so I think it would take a lot to force vaccinations.
I'm pretty sure the trades programs would be shut down if that happened though. I know none of the guys in my program (welding) have gotten or intend to get the shot and we have the most employees out of any of the programs.

The UV rays keep the environment sterilized right? 😂
I’m assuming you’re in Utah too?

UVU doesn’t require masks, and I haven’t heard of any colleges that do require them anymore.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
What state do you live in?

UVU doesn’t require masks, and I haven’t heard of any colleges that do require them anymore.
Masks or Vaccination. Sorry I didn't state both before.
I know all the big ones are requiring Vaccination to attend classes. UVU is definitely being much more lenient though compared to the others, they are my schools partner university.

Coco

So, I wasn't really for this vax thing. I felt for the most part I am healthy (overweight yes, but still healthier than most), don't get sick much, etc. After a lot of consideration, talking with family and friends, weighing the options, I decided to just go ahead and get vaxx'd. Did I want to? Still no, but figured it would be better to have less symptoms if I got the virus then the possible worst case scenario. With Disneyland, Cabo, and several SXS trips coming up, I figured I would avoid the headache and get it. I didn't really have any symptoms or side effects.

Regardless of this, I do not think the vax should be mandated. We all have our right to choose to be vaccinated or not, and the gov shouldn't hold it over our heads and tell us how we should live our lives.

We do have a good friend in the ICU right now, and has been for a month with the virus. It isn't looking good, but we are hoping for a miracle.

The_Lobbster

Masks or Vaccination. Sorry I didn't state both before.
I know all the big ones are requiring Vaccination to attend classes. UVU is definitely being much more lenient though compared to the others, they are my schools partner university.
Oh gotcha. They are actually requiring all students to get vaxxed currently, and supposedly are going to be trying to require all employees as well from what I hear.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Oh gotcha. They are actually requiring all students to get vaxxed currently, and supposedly are going to be trying to require all employees as well from what I hear.
Is that recent? I tried to check their website but it didn't say anything. I'm over at Mountainland Applied Technology College and they have been very clear that they will not require it of anybody.

The_Lobbster

Is that recent? I tried to check their website but it didn't say anything. I'm over at Mountainland Applied Technology College and they have been very clear that they will not require it of anybody.
Yeah this happened about a month ago I believe, they’re allowing exemptions for personal, health, or religious reasons though…so I’m not sure exactly how that all works. According to an email the other day, 70% of the student body has got the shot.

Not sure when, but I think they’ll do something similar for staff/faculty.

4x4_Welder

I understand people's hesitance on getting the shot, but honestly I just don't see this as the hill to die on.
I got both my shots, I'm not thrilled with a mandate, but I understand it from a public health perspective.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I understand people's hesitance on getting the shot, but honestly I just don't see this as the hill to die on.
I got both my shots, I'm not thrilled with a mandate, but I understand it from a public health perspective.
Some people don’t feel they are at high risk of any adverse reaction if they catch it naturally so they choose not to participate in the clinical trial that is going on right now. If the vaccine is effective then those who are vaccinated are not in any danger by being around those who are not vaccinated.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Let's just say I'm not going to make it easy on them. Deadline is Dec 15th, I've filed for exception, if they want me to get it they have to reject my request and even then I'm not rushing out tomorrow to get it. If someone offered me a job between now and then it would make things even more fun.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Get back to me when the 2 shots isn't enough and they start locking you out of places because you need your 3rd, then the 4th, etc.