Coronavirus

Coco

We do have a good friend in the ICU right now, and has been for a month with the virus. It isn't looking good, but we are hoping for a miracle.
Sadly, she ended up passing away early Wednesday morning last week. 😥 She was an amazing lady, and was friends with everyone she came in contact with.

UTV Takeover was a bit somber. We were helping run their booth in their absence, but news of her passing the first day of the event put a damper on things. She is in a better place, and isn't suffering anymore, but still sad for all those left behind. Her husband is having a really hard time.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Sadly, she ended up passing away early Wednesday morning last week. 😥 She was an amazing lady, and was friends with everyone she came in contact with.

UTV Takeover was a bit somber. We were helping run their booth in their absence, but news of her passing the first day of the event put a damper on things. She is in a better place, and isn't suffering anymore, but still sad for all those left behind. Her husband is having a really hard time.

Stephanie was a great person. I grew up with the Stevens clan down here in Ephraim and know Scott well. It has hit our little community hard.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've been hearing for a while that ventilator and remdesivir is basically a death sentence at the hospitals. I don't know if there's truth to it yet or not but there's a lot of people losing love ones on the remdesivir and a lot of people recovering by requesting no remdesivir.

Extremely sad set of affairs.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
We had Covid run through our household recently... Didn't even know it until we lost taste/smell. I believe a lot of how our bodies reacted to it has much to do with healthier food/drink habits. We watch sugar and sodium intake, as well as do our best with clean & organic ingredients of what we ingest. Maybe I'm nuts, but I trust a properly operating immune system that starts with gut health verses a 'one-size-fits-all' vaccine that's still in testing, which is being forced on the masses complete with pressure campaigns designed to divide.

Gut health is key.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'm being groomed, as they say.

It was announced last Friday that every employee will receive a $3k bonus and that it will be on our checks this week. Today my boss calls me into his office for a, "shut the door" meeting. He starts in with how great the company is doing. He talks about the $3k bonus's we all got and reminds me of the $5k raffles for vaccinations. He talks about all the upcoming federal work we have received. Then leads into the vaccine questions. Have I gotten it done yet? What's my opinion? Questions like that. He insists that our company will fight a vaccine mandate, but made it very clear that they don't want to have to. If we all get it done before that happens we don't have to worry about it. He already knows about my heart condition (admittedly, a mild one), but I reminded him of that and told him that is why I'm hesitant to get the vaccine until I speak with my heart Dr. in December about it. He was happy I said that and told me that's what he will report to his boss. Not because of "aliens getting injected into my body".

I fully expect a similar meeting in another couple weeks where he reminds me again of all the great things the company has done for me, then politely asks me to get undressed vaccinated.

shortstraw8

Not sure if this was already shared on here but I find it odd that the cdc changed the definition of vaccine/vaccination

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease
Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

To
Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.
Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.

So vaccines are no longer an attempt to produce immunity, just immune response or protection no matter how short lived it may be??
I may just be splitting hairs on wording and its nothing, also not sure how many times it has been reworded if at all.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
An interesting thing happened at my work last week. After months of debating and arguing over vaccines. TI took over with a vaccine mandate in place and promptly eliminated all protocol including masks and social distance if you are vaccinated. Oh how quickly people became way less frightened of covid when they were allowed to demask.

Not sure if this was already shared on here but I find it odd that the cdc changed the definition of vaccine/vaccination
Yea, that was interesting. Not really surprised that they would clarify the definition. Its not like anything has really changed. We have vaccines that are well accepted today that have several doses and limited efficacy over some time period. Most folks who have stepped on a nail had our 6 doses of tetanus vaccine as a child and then a booster every 10 years.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My grandma is in a home. She's got low blood pressure. Got her booster shot the other day. BP when dangerously low and went non responsive for a while. They told us to come see her since she might die. She's ok now but they shouldn't give it to folks with heart problems. She already had the Rona with almost no serious symptoms (slept a lot for a week and blood shot eyes) Why does she need a booster!? I'm pissed.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Lucky. I wish the vaccine was available when my grandma was still here.
I'm sorry for your loss. That's just terrible to lose a loved one.
Like I said: she got it at her rest home early last year and we were very lucky she wasn't effected severely.
I wish they didn't give the booster to her. They have no business giving to someone with low BP issues... We were told she wouldn't last the week yesterday, she a tough bird.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
On a way more serious note, I’m getting the flu shot today and I’ve been worried about what will happen if the needle hits my covid vaccine micro-chip. To make matters worse I don’t remember which arm I got the vaccine in 😬
Buuuuut I just realized I can check to see which arm was magnetized. Big brain time!!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
On a way more serious note, I’m getting the flu shot today and I’ve been worried about what will happen if the needle hits my covid vaccine micro-chip. To make matters worse I don’t remember which arm I got the vaccine in 😬
Buuuuut I just realized I can check to see which arm was magnetized. Big brain time!!!
Calm down bro.
I'd rather be a horse than a bot though. 🤷‍♂️