Coronavirus

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Currently getting over my second bout of Covid. Wife brought it home from work where she caught it from somebody that is vaccinated.

Kind of pissed me off because this vaccinated person was not required to do any kind of "quarantine" after their spouse got sick and so brought it into work and got several people sick. But anybody that is not vaccinated is required to do all kinds of isolation and quarantine.

Luckily it's been very mild for us since we both had it previously.

When did you have it last? I had it right on a year ago. Just wondering, I’m likely no longer immune.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I saw a toddler drop a piece of candy on the floor of a truck stop in Wendover last week. She picked it up and ate it before her horrified parents could stop her. I smiled to myself and thought "now that's a strong immune system" 😂

Follow me for more health tips at truck stops.
I'm on record saying I think this is why I never get sick.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
When did you have it last? I had it right on a year ago. Just wondering, I’m likely no longer immune.
About a year and a half ago in February. I caught it right before it became the popular thing for everyone to do. Technically I don't have "proof" because it was before they were doing testing, but it was probably the most sick I've ever been, all the right symptoms were there, and it spread like wildfire through my coworkers.

I'm definitely not immune to it but it has been much easier this time around. Mostly like a very mild flu.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
My wife is on 40mg of Omneprezol a day and goes in about every 18 months to have her esophagus stretched when food starts to get caught. I tell her to give me a shot at stretching it for her but she says I am not man enough.
I dealt with my esophagus issue for a decade before finally seeing a doctor about it. After talking with other people about my symptoms, I expected I would need mine stretched as well. I scheduled the endoscopy and colonoscopy at the same time. The Dr. called it the "Golden Spike Procedure" 😂

They found that my esophagus hadn't narrowed at all, but I had significant inflammation where the stomach and esophagus meet. They said I have Silent Reflux and prescribed Omneprezol. I doubted it would do anything to relieve my symptoms, but I was proven completely wrong after a few days of taking it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My wife’s esophagus problem ended up actually being a food allergy. Her allergy Dr. Claims this to be a commonly misdiagnosed issue
I was going to say the same thing. That’s the case for my bro’s crappy esophagus. He can really stretch out (pun intended) the time between getting it stretched if he watches his diet. They probably have some cat medicine or something else you can take for those of you that don’t trust doctors. 🤣🤣🤣

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Well ready for more labor shortage first of the year?

So yeah you don’t need to get a jab but a lot of money will be coming out of your pocket.

“Companies won't be required to provide or pay for the tests, but they must give paid time off for employees to get vaccines and sick leave to recover from side effects that prevent them from working.”

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Well ready for more labor shortage first of the year?

So yeah you don’t need to get a jab but a lot of money will be coming out of your pocket.

“Companies won't be required to provide or pay for the tests, but they must give paid time off for employees to get vaccines and sick leave to recover from side effects that prevent them from working.”
My money is that this will never be implemented. Courts will block it and SCOTUS will overturn it.
Mainly I see this as a scare tactic by the administration. Companies are fearful that it might be implemented, so they will rush to get in compliance before Jan. 4th.

shortstraw8

For those that have provided this info to your employer, what did they require, just the card?

I would like to know how the hell OSHA is going to regulate it, what paperwork will be filed? They can barley handle the claims they get, let alone X# companies with over 100 employees submitting paperwork for all of them.

shortstraw8

This all may be known and I am just late to the game, Utah is a state plan with OSHA not a federal plan. Im not sure that means much in the way of the mandate, but it does mean we make our own plans and they get approved. We also appear to have said no on 'intent to adopt' osha having access to employee medical records. So if my employer does not have to prove any medical records to osha, not sure how they can enforce it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This guy is going through some shit after his shot as well. The audacity if the “fact check” on some of his posts is insane.

Sad. Nobody deserves this shit.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I'm convinced the brain washing has gotten so bad that people believe you are going to die if you aren't vaccinated. You won't survive, the world is going to end and all that's left are the vaccinated that will get their booster every six months until the end of time.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This guy is going through some shit after his shot as well. The audacity if the “fact check” on some of his posts is insane.

Sad. Nobody deserves this shit.

Bad link for me.