Coronavirus

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Perhaps this is the wrong thread, but I had an idea this morning (a strange occurrence before two cups of coffee!).
Someone with coding skills far superior to mine should create an app (or just a website) that shows you all the stores and restaurants in your area that do not require masks and/or vaccines.
Is that happening down in the valley? Are people getting denied access to public accommodations? Private membership places I can see having a legal stance in that, but not otherwise.

Trate D

We walked into Mountain Point Hospital to see my wife's neurosurgeon and not a single mask other than the front desk people.
We went to see my wife’s grandpa at Mountain View hospital last week. Before I even got to the desk they were demanding we mask up. Both ladies behind the desk had no mask on and weren’t behind any sort of barrier.....🤷🏻‍♂️

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I started to get a real sore throat last night and before I went to bed had trouble even swallowing because it hurt so bad. I decided I needed to get a test so I ran over to the drive through this morning at 7 and waited my 30-60 minutes. I was negative. That was the first test I've gotten due to feeling sick. I don't think we've had it come through our house despite my son being in school and my wife working at a school as well.

I took my 18 month old to his well child check up today at the U's campus in Daybreak. Everyone is/was masked up and the sign on the door was asking for it as well.

We went out to dinner (and ate at the restaurant) for the first time in a really long time this week. That probably has more to do with the eating schedule of the little guy than covid but it was nice to get out of the house for a meal for a few minutes.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I don't know what sharks have to do with it, but the Italian secret service controlled Jewish owned space lasers are clearly pointed at the cell ghislain maxwell is totally not committing suicide in.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well Lory's sense of taste and smell has been steadily coming back, unfortunately a couple blood clots may have come with them. We have an appointment with imaging tomorrow.

Blood clots runs in her family pretty bad, and she's had several in the past. The last one was 10 years ago. She's been on a pretty new and groundbreaking blood thinning drug for about 8 years to combat them, but covid and the vaccines are widely known to producing clotting issues in some people.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Well Lory's sense of taste and smell has been steadily coming back, unfortunately a couple blood clots may have come with them. We have an appointment with imaging tomorrow.

Blood clots runs in her family pretty bad, and she's had several in the past. The last one was 10 years ago. She's been on a pretty new and groundbreaking blood thinning drug for about 8 years to combat them, but covid and the vaccines are widely known to producing clotting issues in some people.
I had a pulmonary embolism when I was 25 so clots are a big concern for me as well. A week in the hospital, 2 years on rat poison meds and testing my blood thickness periodically. No fun at all! I hope she’s alright.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I had a pulmonary embolism when I was 25 so clots are a big concern for me as well. A week in the hospital, 2 years on rat poison meds and testing my blood thickness periodically. No fun at all! I hope she’s alright.
She did the rat poison and biweekly testing for a long time. Eloquis (sp?) is a far better experience since you don't need to test your blood except yearly and it works a hell of a lot faster, but she's just been on the lowest dose. The Covid seems like it's giving the Eloquis a hard time. Dr. told her to double down on the meds until we can get into imaging and get a better idea of what's happening. Last time she went through this they found 5 separate clots in her arms.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
As you could imagine, Hawaii is quite strict on masks to do pretty much anything, and a ton of people wear them everywhere; i.e. in a car by themselves, outdoors, (on beach, etc)

According to the freeway signs, there are about 1,650 Covid cases in Hawaii right now. And also “17% positivity.” Not sure what that means, maybe only 17% of the 1,650 are positive cases? Maybe only 17% of Hawaiians have a positive outlook on life?
It was really bad at the start and stayed that way for almost a year. Started to ease up because the mob was pushing back but that still took considerably longer than most of the country. First time I went in a grocery store when I moved back to Utah, I had been punished so much I felt like I was doing something wrong when I went in without a mask. I keep up with the news over there and it sounds like the gestapo is trending in the wrong direction again.

Homefryy

According to the freeway signs, there are about 1,650 Covid cases in Hawaii right now. And also “17% positivity.” Not sure what that means, maybe only 17% of the 1,650 are positive cases? Maybe only 17% of Hawaiians have a positive outlook on life?

It means 17% of people who get tested are testing positive. A higher positivity rate indicates that there is a higher likelihood that there are cases in the population that are not being identified.