Coronavirus

ID Bronco

I spoke to a friend of mine in Canada today. He told me about his experience leaving and returning to Canada recently. Upon arrival back it was 2 weeks of quarantine at home, gps checks daily to look at his location, multiple calls from gov agents asking what he is or is not doing, and very intrusive orders. This is for someone with NO infection, symptoms or anything else. He is trying to move to Idaho, he cannot get his or his families visas if they don't vaccinate because he cannot go into the federal buildings without a vaccine passport to get the paperwork signed. He is from Romania and lived under communist rule as a child. He is very worried at the parallels he is seeing now. He believes it is VERY close to full communism rule if the trajectory isn't changed quickly and drastically. We are not that far behind without course correction. He wants to be here so bad, for his children's future.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I spoke to a friend of mine in Canada today. He told me about his experience leaving and returning to Canada recently. Upon arrival back it was 2 weeks of quarantine at home, gps checks daily to look at his location, multiple calls from gov agents asking what he is or is not doing, and very intrusive orders. This is for someone with NO infection, symptoms or anything else. He is trying to move to Idaho, he cannot get his or his families visas if they don't vaccinate because he cannot go into the federal buildings without a vaccine passport to get the paperwork signed. He is from Romania and lived under communist rule as a child. He is very worried at the parallels he is seeing now. He believes it is VERY close to full communism rule if the trajectory isn't changed quickly and drastically. We are not that far behind without course correction. He wants to be here so bad, for his children's future.
Funny thing I was in Calgary last week, didn’t ask if I was vaccinated, no one checking on me and I sat at the bar and drank Canadian beer with no face mask

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Yes agreed, odd. I couldn't find any other references to it in my brief search, but sometimes putting three words together to describe something more extensively studied under the umbrella of hegemony and other coercive forms of control makes it sound more smarterer?

"ya that sounds good, I'll believe that" is what I imagine everyone on those platforms thinking when they hear it, and just ignore the idea that someone is using big fancy words to convince them that "he's" the the one that knows the answers and the path forward (because he INVENTED all of it! (he says)) and you should listen to him. His theory as it applies to this situation is reflexive, and people can apply to either side of this argument to support their positions

so I dunno. Just more of the same... People on all sides looking for some gotcha point to prove their side. I just think there's a bit of truth in all of it if you're willing to not let the hive suck you in.
It would really be great if the people on both sides of the 'science' would actually get together and have a real debate about it. Unfortunately, seldom does that occur in this day and age.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It would really be great if the people on both sides of the 'science' would actually get together and have a real debate about it. Unfortunately, seldom does that occur in this day and age.
From my point of view, one side is. The other just tries to cancel all thought that doesn't match theirs. Quite the unscientific method.

The minute you hear "the science is settled", the science is definitely not settled. That's not how it works.

ID Bronco

Funny thing I was in Calgary last week, didn’t ask if I was vaccinated, no one checking on me and I sat at the bar and drank Canadian beer with no face mask
That's the point too, if you were a citizen of Canada and did the reverse you'd have to go through all the B.S. Again, they aren't really worried about the virus (or they would rake you over the coals too), it's about control of the people.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
That's the point too, if you were a citizen of Canada and did the reverse you'd have to go through all the B.S. Again, they aren't really worried about the virus (or they would rake you over the coals too), it's about control of the people.
Sorry that’s what I intended to imply, did so poorly

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Here is the latest from my employer. My favorite part is "We must-and will-comply"

Yesterday, the United States Supreme Court upheld the federal vaccine regulations for CMS and did not uphold the federal OSHA vaccine regulations which applied to private businesses of at least 100 people. The CMS regulation applies nationwide to millions of healthcare workers. Because of this, we are reinstating the COVID-19 vaccine requirement. We must—and will—comply, so we can continue caring for hundreds of thousands of Medicare and Medicaid patients and offering the safest clinical environment to all.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
You should seek out Rebel news in Australia. It's quite alarming, Avi Yemini is pulling no punches and showing the hypocrisy and the gas lighting. I sit here in the US full of firearms and am very happy the Aussies are doing this experiment so we don't have to. We still have firearms and that will keep the Communists at bay. The whiney ass hats demanding that we conform are like Urkel demanding lunch money from Will Smith. It's just not going to go full scale as long as we can defend ourselves.

Last edited:

ID Bronco

Here is the latest from my employer. My favorite part is "We must-and will-comply"

Yesterday, the United States Supreme Court upheld the federal vaccine regulations for CMS and did not uphold the federal OSHA vaccine regulations which applied to private businesses of at least 100 people. The CMS regulation applies nationwide to millions of healthcare workers. Because of this, we are reinstating the COVID-19 vaccine requirement. We must—and will—comply, so we can continue caring for hundreds of thousands of Medicare and Medicaid patients and offering the safest clinical environment to all.
So how many will quit?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
🤷‍♂️ They were allowing religious or other reason exceptions. They were suppose to be in at the beginning of December. I think they approved all of them for fear of mass exodus. I work for the Largest Hospital system in Utah as a RN.

So are you overrun and piling bodies out back? Or is it media hype

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I don't think it's a problem of bodies piling up as much as hospitals 20% understaffed, with another 20% out with covid. What's the use of a bed without a doctor or nurse?

I agree, but once had a pretty heated discussion about "bodies being stacked like cordwood" soon, which of course hasn't been the case, but yeah. Staffing issues are a real thing, especially in smaller communities.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
No, they certainly aren't, but if Burger King is down a drive thru guy, you can go to Wendy's. If your highly trained ortho guy is out, good luck.
Yup, to that point though lots of under staffed needs I use on a daily basis vs how often does the average American need an ortho guy by comparison. I honestly can’t recall the last time I went to a doctors office. Now I understand I’m lucky for that but I think the vast majority of Americans also fit into that category.