Cory builds a cnc plasma table

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Did you keep your computer in that location? Seems like that is a pretty harsh location as far as dust and particulate.

Yes. I'm sure it's terrible for it. So far so good though. :) I did have one problem with it that Herzog was able to fix, but if I remember right it was a known problem with that particular model, not necessarily related to my abuse. I have a spare computer for it just in case though.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
The gear track ship in 6' lengths and this is how they recommend welding them together. Seams pretty foolproof to me.

IMG_7689.JPG

In some of previous pictures you can see i had tack welded the gear rack on. I reread some of the tips provided and found i was suppose to use the supplied 3m double sided tape to attach them. I thought it was kind of cheap but it seams to work just fine on their tables and it addressed one of my concerns as to how to keep the backlash between the gear and rack tight. It mentions that the tape is .045 thick and will compress outward keeping the backlash tight throughout the travel.
IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7691.JPG

I had stitch welded the spacer tube on as you can see. The problem is there just enough room to stick the gear rack on so i had to feather the stitch welds in a bit to get full surface contact on the tape side..
IMG_7692.JPGIMG_7689.JPGIMG_7690.JPGIMG_7691.JPGIMG_7692.JPG

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I used 3M VHB tape to attach my gear racks too. It's amazingly strong, and has given me zero trouble. :cool:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
1/2" round bar to make trays for steel to slide into.

IMG_7704.JPG

Pan welded up. 30' of weld and no leaks. Glad i had help welding all that.
I went with 10 gauge for the pan. I hope it last a good while.
IMG_7705.JPG

Machine torch
IMG_7707.JPG

Welding buddies
13435474_10153685429271094_1815676719403598170_n.jpgIMG_7704.JPGIMG_7705.JPGIMG_7707.JPG13435474_10153685429271094_1815676719403598170_n.jpg

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Surprised to see some one else awake at this time. I wired wheeled the area thoroughly and brake cleaned the surface really well to insure they adhere.

Yeah...I'm at work. Supposed to stay awake. :D Makes me happy to see new threads overnight.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
All fabbed up and torn apart for paint. I added a piece of tube on the loading end to help slide metal on it.

Table.JPG

I added some more x members out of left over angle iron to help with sag in the water pan.
IMG_7709.JPG
Nice big 2" drain valve. I dont know how i would get by with out my boom.
IMG_7710.JPGTable.JPGIMG_7709.JPGIMG_7710.JPG

Last edited:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Tore it down and painted it. moved it to the other side of the shop, leveled. and reassembled it. Electronics showed up yesterday and started wiring it today.

IMG_8350.JPG

IMG_8351.JPG

IMG_8352.JPG

IMG_8353.JPG

IMG_8354.JPG

IMG_8355.JPG

I torched these holes before paint to hide the wires i the gantry tube.IMG_8356.JPG

Sweet caps that came in the kit
IMG_8357.JPGIMG_8350.JPGIMG_8351.JPGIMG_8352.JPGIMG_8353.JPGIMG_8354.JPGIMG_8355.JPGIMG_8356.JPGIMG_8357.JPG

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I didn't mean the plastic plugs, but the whole enclosed outside part. :)

I use sodium nitrite to help prevent rust, and Physan 20 to prevent fungus.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Well....3/16" comes in sheets also, I suppose. :D I thought it was just a cosmetic cover, but I guess it forms the whole end brackety piece. Either way, looks nice.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
That's a fun step!

Hold the "shift" key while you're jogging, and you'll go to your full rapid speed. :)

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Got the cpc connector installed in my plasma so now i got it to fire. Ive been practicing with the cad and cam alot, Its been a fun learning process:wtf:.

[video=youtube;VA6PFMlWIZs]

knuck.jpgbowtie.jpgknuck.jpgbowtie.jpg

Last edited:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
That shift handle is horrible and awesome!
I agree Lol. It was my buddies idea to practice on some bowties so i cut a few out. Next thing i know he is out in my drive with my battery powered angle grinder cutting the original one off. He is a chevy square body hoarder.