Cory Pimps out his runner.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Is there a bracket started for when the Toyota axles make it known they object to V8 power? I'd like March 6th, please. :)
This is ole gal is on mall crawler duty. It hits dirt roads is all. I have buggys for rocks. It does have 5.29 gears, a rear locker, and 4.7 tcase gears, but thats pointless for going to the grocery store. The most extreme use it will get will be snow wheeling or deer hunting. But your right i can see all that power gernading something. Its too fun to ever put a 4 banger back in it. Guess ill just have to upgrade as i break. Narrowing and installing a 14b is a weekend project.

Coco

This is ole gal is on mall crawler duty. It hits dirt roads is all. I have buggys for rocks. It does have 5.29 gears, a rear locker, and 4.7 tcase gears, but thats pointless for going to the grocery store. The most extreme use it will get will be snow wheeling or deer hunting. But your right i can see all that power gernading something. Its too fun to ever put a 4 banger back in it. Guess ill just have to give it to Coco when it breaks.
Fixed it for you. :D

BeepBeep

The runner did good all week hauling around 4 of us at koh luckily as i was not the only one to blow my buggy engine. I just made sure not to idle it after it warmed up. if i kept it at about 1500rpms it would maintain 20psi of oil pressure. Every one got of kick out of my Epstein flag this year. Pro tip if you decide to spectate koh, Installed the biggest ugliest flag you can so you can see your ride when its parked with 1000 other shit boxes.
View attachment 125009View attachment 125010View attachment 125011
I got harassed on Main Street over that Epstein flag. 😂

BeepBeep

As some of you may have known i bought Kevins B gray bastard 4 runner and have finally had time to tinker on it. The thread worthy news is that i got it running over the last few weeks with the help of some of my friends. I have been putting off this project for some time and have bitching to my friends to get me motivated and they finally came thru. Now that its running i can not stress about it and really pimp it out into a nice dd for the lady to cruise around the town and not put miles on her car and we will use it hunting and fishing which is often.

So i got the Runner Feb of 18' after we got back from koh where it sat in the drive way for a good 6 months. While sitting there i put new tires on it because i couldn't stand to have it sitting on flat tires. I went with some 35" bfg km2s. Later on it got moved to the dirt lot where it sat till this last koh where i promised myself and my lady that it would be going into the shop and it wasn't coming out till it drove out. I have to force myself to do things like this or else it wont happen you know.

With it taking up space for the last 4 months i started to look it over bit by bit. Kevin sent me the instructions to the latest harness he had installed and i looked that over to see that it was correct. It sat some more till Austin decided to give it a whack. We seen a decent sized connector on the engine harness not connected (there are several small ones not connected) and he quickly figured it was missing the ignition module. We called the parts stores and they wanted 170$ and could have one next day. We went to the junk yard and they had one out of a Corolla which is the same apparently for 35$. We hooked it up and still nothing. The whole time we were tinkering on it we were trying to get it to spark. I was ready to give up since there is just so many things it could be and it would almost be easier to start over. I have a 4.3 vortec engine in a running s10 and we was researching what a bell housing would cost but i decided to sleep on it. Another friend stopped by and decided to look it over also. He started looking it over and testing the distributor and the new ignition module and realized the module wasn't grounded like it was suppose to be, we had it bolted to the aluminum valve cover. The whole time we was testing for spark was off that valve cover. We hooked a ground wire to it and sure enough if sparked.

We was pretty excited after that and hurried and checked for fuel by cracking the filter banjo bolt. Nothing. So i dumped in 4 gallons and nothing. Luckily these 4 runners have access panels to the pumps. we checked for power and nothing. We checked for a fuse to the pump and the Internets said it just runs off the open circuit relay. That relay is suppose to turn on with the harness Kevin installed. It was wired correctly but not working and i still need to figure out why. We jumped the harness on and got the fuel pump power and still nothing. We pulled the fuel tower out and the inside of the tank and pump looked terrible. You cannot let this new gas sit that long like the old gas. It rusted the inside of the tank something fierce. After realizing we were not going to have the fuel system working that night we checked the injectors and they where pulsing off like they should and we got it to fire over with some starting fluid and called it a night.

I drained out about 5 gallons of varnish and pulled the tank. The fuels sending unit was trashed. I acid washed the tower and installed a new pump. Blew out the fuel lines. Washed the tank out and then took it to work and acid washed the rust out and hot pressure washed the hell out of the inside. No parts stores have a fuel sending unit and the only ones i could find where close to 200$. Toyota used some proprietary ohm range on their sender so i couldn't just put a universal one in with out replacing the gauge also. I asked my hoarder friend crazy tom and sure enough he had one out of a 83 that looked brand new. I installed all the new goodies and put a fuel gauge on the banjo bolt at the filter so i could keep an eye on it. We put in 5 more gallons of fresh gas and it fired right up first try and ran good.

We turn it off and hurried and reassembled the cooling system(some hoses were off on the radiator) and dump coolant in there and then it didn't wont to fire. Since the open circuit relay was jump the pump was running the whole time we where doing the coolant and it acted like it flood the engine. The plugs where wet and it was still getting spark but it wouldn't fire. We went rock crawling instead of stressing and when i got home i tried it again and it fired right up no problem. Today i fabbed out the short section of exhaust tubing that was missing so it was tolerable and let it run and get up to temperature. The only gauges that do not appear to be working it the oil pressure. I watched the temperature with a laser temp gun and the top of the radiator sat right at 185 the whole time.

Lots of little things to button up. I already made a missing brake line, and bolted in the booster.

View attachment 120482
View attachment 120475View attachment 120476View attachment 120477View attachment 120478View attachment 120479View attachment 120480View attachment 120481
Oh God, look at those rims of the car. 🤮

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
So I'm pimping out the 4 runners poor man suspension now that jaydens crap is out of my shop. Austin's got me pumped up and motivated to make it happen. Jayden picked up his buggy on Friday and we had the 4 runner suspension gutted on Saturday. I'm moving the front axle forward so I can get smore uptravel and make it so the tire dont rub the fire wall, and I'm putting some 63" long springs on the rear. I'm putting a set of rear Toyota springs on the front axhole that will move it forward a few inches alone as well as replacing the front factory sping hangers with some that are more forward.

I'm pretty much doing it all for 0 dollars too. Our friend Sue has a old parts crawler sitting in Brian's yard that had everything I needed so I went and robbed it all for my self. I have a u bolt kit I kept from when I linked clays Toyota 5 years ago. Dylan left me the axhole truss a few years ago when I helped him with his Toyota.

Last edited:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
20221222_203611.jpg20221222_203622.jpg20221222_203629.jpgCustom socket my welder made me. I dont wanna cut the ubolts incase i need to add a lift block later. 20221222_205054.jpgI boxed this section of frame in since the new shackle is so far back.20221223_210228.jpgThis side welded like poop on the rusty frame. 20221223_210913.jpgThis side didn't 20221223_210923.jpgI had to reroute the exhaust for the new shackle mount. 20221223_211337.jpgScab extended the brake like mount. 20221223_221838.jpg