General Tech Cory's single seat selfish buggy

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Why don't you just drill out the hubs from the back (removing the threads) and use press-in studs? Or is that what you are planning already? Either way, the hubs look great!

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Why don't you just drill out the hubs from the back (removing the threads) and use press-in studs? Or is that what you are planning already? Either way, the hubs look great!

I'm going to drill it for press in studs. I added the flange because I didn't like the idea of the rim ridding on just those ears, and I wanted the wheels to sit against the something flat, especially if I get aluminum wheels.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I'm going to drill it for press in studs. I added the flange because I didn't like the idea of the rim ridding on just those ears, and I wanted the wheels to sit against the something flat, especially if I get aluminum wheels.

Good idea. Your post about drilling the plate just made it sound more complicated than that. Do you plan on truing up the face of the plate on the lathe?

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Got my disc brakes setup in the rear today and welded up the lower link mounts. Also tracked down new studs for the front end for free.:greg:

Thinking about trussing the pass side of the rear end.IMG_1578.jpgIMG_1580.jpgIMG_1581.jpgPhoto442.jpgPhoto441.jpgPhoto440.jpg

Last edited:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Mocked up the rear links and flexed it out.
My lady is out of town for the weekend and she took her Iphone so you guys are stuck with shitty cell pics.:D

Photo463.jpg

Photo465.jpg

Fabbed the inner UL tap on the chassis
Photo468.jpg

Photo466.jpg

Photo469.jpg

Photo471.jpg

Photo473.jpgPhoto463.jpgPhoto465.jpgPhoto468.jpgPhoto466.jpgPhoto469.jpgPhoto471.jpgPhoto473.jpg

Last edited:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
I got the front xmember and LL mounts made. I made sure the bolts would come out.

Photo493.jpgIMG_1931.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg

Super old oxygen bottle In use at my work. #Awesomeness:thumbs:

Photo459.jpg

Last edited: