Wanted Couple feet of 2" x.180 wall

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I need ~5 feet of inner hitch steel, 2" x .180 wall square tube. I really don't want to buy a whole stick. Anyone holding a piece I could buy?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I need ~5 feet of inner hitch steel, 2" x .180 wall square tube. I really don't want to buy a whole stick. Anyone holding a piece I could buy?
Try Tractor Supply or CAL ranch? Also, Wasatch sells shorter lengths in their sales room. You can even order it on Amazon.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
And since it's inner, the wall thickness doesn't matter. (unless it matters for some other reason for you)
I say that because maybe some .250 wall is easier to find.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I bought this stuff for the two supports for a storage platform I made for the back of a travel trailer. I had a mechanical engineer at work run an analysis assuming a dynamic load of 150lb generator and said I was good with .120 wall tube.

_MG_3311.JPG

That tray is cantilevered out about 18" from the rear mount under the trailer

_MG_3313.JPG

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I just checked and it fits just fine. Hitch receivers are typically 3/16" wall x 2.5" sq so you have an 1/8" of margin with a 2" hitch tube.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I bought this stuff for the two supports for a storage platform I made for the back of a travel trailer. I had a mechanical engineer at work run an analysis assuming a dynamic load of 150lb generator and said I was good with .120 wall tube.

View attachment 134164

That tray is cantilevered out about 18" from the rear mount under the trailer

View attachment 134165
I mean if it's worth building, it's worth overbuilding.