Cowboy action

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I grew up shooting and have shot in several types of competitive shooting. Cowboy action is by far the funnest. My dad is the club president of the Hobble Creek Wranglers. Yesterday they had their annual, Cops vs Cowboys shoot. For those of you who don't know, cowboy action shooting requires you to shoot single action guns designed prior to 1900. In this shoot we shoot against the cops who shoot what ever modern firearms they choose to. The Springville police designed 3 stages and the cowboys designed three stages. It was a great time and I shot near my best, which always makes it more fun.

Here is a couple videos of my best stages.

[video=youtube_share;1rIo1I9U5qo]http://youtu.be/1rIo1I9U5qo[/video]

[video=youtube_share;Y3HfSCZarTI]http://youtu.be/Y3HfSCZarTI[/video]

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I shoot Ruger Blackhawk pistols and a Winchester 1873 rifle both in .357 caliber. I shoot .38's loaded with 105 gr cast bullets. The shotgun is an 1897 Winchester 12 gauge pump.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I shoot Ruger Blackhawk pistols and a Winchester 1873 rifle both in .357 caliber. I shoot .38's loaded with 105 gr cast bullets. The shotgun is an 1897 Winchester 12 gauge pump.

Very cool. I love my single action/lever action stuff.

Never looked closely at this kind of competition but its tempting.

Is anyone calming down a 44 mag round enough to be competitive?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Lots of guys shoot .45 long colts but I don't know if I've ever seen anyone shoot a 44 mag. I'm sure they are there I just never noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

kyojin

Great shooting. I shoot competitively as well but I am more on the Practical shooting side. USPSA, 3-gun, and a little IDPA. Good to see other competitors on here.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Haha, it's always fun to watch someone dressed like a cowboy shooting a single action, lever action and a double barrel put the smack down on a cop shooting whatever they want.. Even full auto. I always get a kick out of seeing you dad in his cowboy gear, it totally fits him.