Crazy Kevs 3rd and Hopefully Final XJ build.

Gravy

Edd China of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Looking good Kevin. I like that TMR truss. I love that Sterling 10.5, such a better choice than a14 bolt. Especially with discs and factory e brakes.

Is there a 35 spline Dana 50 arb so you can you 35 spline inner shafts instead of the stock 30 spline inners?

Question: are you going to swap to a super duty master cylinder?

kmboren

There was not an optional 35 spline ARB for the dana 50 that we could find. I can upgrade the outer hubs and shafts to 35 splines though. Not sure yet on the Master cylinder. Will probably have to but will will see how the brakes are. Do you know if it is a direct swap?

Gravy

Edd China of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I know Carl jantz has a Dana 56 kit he calls it to stick 60 gears and carrier in a 50 housing.

The master should work. I can measure spacing for you.if you like on my super duty though.

Stock master will lock the rears first badly. Because it's disc drum not disc disc and your volume will be off too. Seems like there is master list on pirate but I used a later Dodge 2500 master on an old build that worked well for disc disc. But that had Chev 1/2 ton front disc on back. The super duty master balanced for those axles though as long as you get the pushrod distance right.

kmboren

Replaced my Master with a Durango Master and it brakes a lot better now. Rear still lock up first so probably need to round up a zj proportional valve. Also got the right length shocks and installed limit straps so I don't have my shocks as my limit straps.

Attachments

xj_nate

Poser
Replaced my Master with a Durango Master and it brakes a lot better now. Rear still lock up first so probably need to round up a zj proportional valve. Also got the right length shocks and installed limit straps so I don't have my shocks as my limit straps.
You can also just get a universal adjustable proportioning valve for what it’s worth. Turn a little knob to adjust front/back braking.

kmboren

Got around to finishing my frame reinforcement. So now all of unibody had an additional layer of support. Also installed my speed bumps on the front of my XJ. Cut the old jounce tubes out. Drilled a hole and welded the new jounce tubes in. Then added the bump stops. Excited to get my jeep back out and see how it does with the speed bumps on all 4 corners now. Combined with the fox shocks it should be good to go for a little speed.

Attachments

kmboren

So With the bigger axles I guess 37s were in order. Got the tires from our fearless leader Greg and wheels on KSL. Going to make it a little harder to dodge cones but other than Delta and Ca I'll probably run my Short course tires.

Attachments

kmboren

Yea. It is wider and going to be more difficult to dodge cones. Only will have them on for Delta and Donner. Want the 37s for the Rubicon trail and don't want to take 2 sets of tires/wheels with me.

xj_nate

Poser
Yea. It is wider and going to be more difficult to dodge cones. Only will have them on for Delta and Donner. Want the 37s for the Rubicon trail and don't want to take 2 sets of tires/wheels with me.
Delta is a good place to not have the stickies since it’s so grippy anyways. Donner is a place where stickies are nice cause the traction isn’t amazing and there’s a lot of dirt. You’ll be fine though