Cruise Moab 2002

Box Rocket

bored
Got back late Sunday from a killer trip to Moab with the TLCA. I got there a day late but had a sleepy warmup as trail leader on Fins and Things on Friday, then we had a good group of Wasatch Cruisers guys and a couple others on Moab Rim Saturday.

Saturday night the fun really started with a small group of us running Lower Helldorado at night. That trail is a blast! We pulled up at the mouth of Upper Helldorado at about 10:30pm and one crazy dude in our club decided to give it a shot in the dark. What made it crazy is his FJ40 is pretty close to stock. It has a mild lift and 33's and lockers but totally stock drivetrain. Definitely the most mildly built truck I've ever seen on Upper. It was totally sick watching him. He got the the last big obstacle before the waterfall and got way offcamber and was low on gas and couldn't get any fuel into the bowl. We ended up leaving the truck overnight and going back out on Sunday morning with gas and drving out the rest of the way. It was WAY cool!

I was gonna post some pics but The editor of Toyota Trails already has dibs on them for an article in the TLCA offical mag.

That was one of the best Moab trips I've had in a long time.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Sweet! I saw all the Cruisers down there while I was biking over Thursday-Saturday. It looked like a pretty good turnout, I was impressed.

We rode Amasa Back, aka Kane Creek, and ran into a couple groups on the trail. I saw a completely stock 4Runner getting dragged up the rocks on that trail.