Cummins 67a recall

Pile of parts

Interesting information. Years ago I took the truck in for the SCR recall where they deleted a sensor and recalibrated the computer. I don't remember if they replaced the SCR as well. Anyway, according to this, the 67a recall doesn't apply to me. I didn't notice anything different after the SCR recall (power or mileage). It's been too long but maybe I felt like it uses more DEF since???

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I briefly talked to my source yesterday and nobody from that camp is going to discuss it at all. I gather that the EPA and CARB has sent a message heard far beyond just Dodge/Ram and Cummins. Sorry for the non-info. 🤷‍♂️

The Rock Man

Getting Stuck!
I briefly talked to my source yesterday and nobody from that camp is going to discuss it at all. I gather that the EPA and CARB has sent a message heard far beyond just Dodge/Ram and Cummins. Sorry for the non-info. 🤷‍♂️
doesn't surprise me one bit I had a contact that had posted some info as he is a cummins certified tech now all of his stuff that he posted has been removed... go figure right? just based on what I can gather is it will be more EGR, More regens, more DEF and they Cummins/Ram will need to warranty your emission hardware since it will probably ruin it.. and like I have said before they are probably going to encrypt the ecm and go after the vehicle owner if you aren't compliant... so why don't they IE "EPA Folks" fix the real issue since retrofitting 23 locomotives with new technology will undo the damage that all of the trucks caused in the first place which took 10 years to do. seems like fixing the trains is a no brainer just my 2 cents

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
doesn't surprise me one bit I had a contact that had posted some info as he is a cummins certified tech now all of his stuff that he posted has been removed... go figure right? just based on what I can gather is it will be more EGR, More regens, more DEF and they Cummins/Ram will need to warranty your emission hardware since it will probably ruin it.. and like I have said before they are probably going to encrypt the ecm and go after the vehicle owner if you aren't compliant... so why don't they IE "EPA Folks" fix the real issue since retrofitting 23 locomotives with new technology will undo the damage that all of the trucks caused in the first place which took 10 years to do. seems like fixing the trains is a no brainer just my 2 cents

better lobbyists for the trains

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Any updates on this? I just realized I need to get my truck emissions done this month, so that's going to be a scheduling issue I'm sure.

Pile of parts

Any updates on this? I just realized I need to get my truck emissions done this month, so that's going to be a scheduling issue I'm sure.
I had my emissions done after the recall came out but I did not have the recall done on my truck (and don't plan to). No problem with passing emissions.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I had my emissions done after the recall came out but I did not have the recall done on my truck (and don't plan to). No problem with passing emissions.
That's good to hear! I was just talking to @Agility Customs about it. We both didn't receive letters in the mail for the recall so I was hoping I could get by without it.