Custom JK drag link sleeve???

LJTim

I have a Tereflect OEM style flipped drag link, and the bulky clamps on the adjusting sleeve cause problems with my ram bracket. No matter how I position the clamps, they hit my ram mount on the track bar.

2 questions:

1- I'm wondering if anyone could tap some DOM (right handed on one end and left handed on the other) for a small (4-5") adjusting sleeve, that I can just use with jam nuts, instead of these clamps with the split adjusting sleeve?

2- Does anyone support this idea, or should I just suck it up and replace it with a different style drag link?

XJEEPER

Do you weld/have access to a welder? A short section of DOM, with a right and left-hand threaded tube adapter welded into each end, should net you the result that you are looking for.

You'll need the diameter and thread pitch of the Tera linkage to know what adapters you need to purchase, then you can go DOM shopping for the ID size that fits the adapter. You can probably source tube adapters locally, from Summit Machine or the like.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Yup, like he said ^

I'd look into your options there and if it's more of a hassle than just building a new tie rod- do that instead.