Jeep Custom Length JK Rubicon Front Axle Shafts

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I am in search of someone or a company that either has in stock and/or will cut and respline JK Rubicon axle shafts? Every "Cut to length for you" company that I've seen so far in my search won't give me the JK rubicon Yoke.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
They won't adjust the Yoke size. Most of the places like Dutchman or Moser just have a bunch of pre-made dana 44 shafts that they then cut and spline to what you need, but they won't cut or resize the yoke for you. That is where my problem lies. None of the places like that stock jk shafts that are custom cut to the length you want. Just the set lengths of the typical JK Housing.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We can send the old shafts to Dutchman to be cut and splined, or you can order new JK Rubicon shafts, then send them to Dutchman to be cut and splined.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Dutchman only carries blanks that are for Dana 60 or standard Dana 44 front axle shafts. They don't have JK Rubicon blanks on hand.

RockChucker

I think your difficulty will be getting a seal to work on a cut and resplined shaft. The seal surface diameter is quite a bit larger than the splined portion, and the whole shaft isn't that diameter. Revolution gear makes TJ shafts with the 1350 size JK ujoint. Might be worth hitting them up to see if they can help you out. I'd consider ordering a spare since it might make each piece cheaper and you'll have one if you break and won't be down for weeks waiting for a new one.

Other than that, if you come up empty, RCV is always an option...but you'll be buying all the shafts.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I think your difficulty will be getting a seal to work on a cut and resplined shaft. The seal surface diameter is quite a bit larger than the splined portion, and the whole shaft isn't that diameter. Revolution gear makes TJ shafts with the 1350 size JK ujoint. Might be worth hitting them up to see if they can help you out. I'd consider ordering a spare since it might make each piece cheaper and you'll have one if you break and won't be down for weeks waiting for a new one.

Other than that, if you come up empty, RCV is always an option...but you'll be buying all the shafts.
The seal surface shouldn't be an issue. The OEM shafts are slightly larger than the seal surface.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That's the seal surface between the green lines. The necked down portion between the seal surface and the splines is just beyond the length of the new axleshaft length.

Attachments

• 51516B7D-2A62-40C6-A5DE-949CCDE14FB5.jpeg
    51516B7D-2A62-40C6-A5DE-949CCDE14FB5.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 12

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The Revolution gear shafts aren't the right length because the JK Rubicon axle has the spider gears offset to one side about 1.5".

RockChucker

The Revolution gear shafts aren't the right length because the JK Rubicon axle has the spider gears offset to one side about 1.5".
Right, but they make both JK and TJ shafts. Maybe they can make you the appropriate shaft in a custom length. Chances are both shafts are coming out of the same forging.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Right, but they make both JK and TJ shafts. Maybe they can make you the appropriate shaft in a custom length. Chances are both shafts are coming out of the same forging.
That's a very good point.
I just double checked the TJ Rubicon measurements and the JK Rubicon measurements. It's only offset by about 7/8 of an inch.