D-line splines twisting?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So I was greasing everything up the other day and I noticed that the splines on my rear driveline are twisted? Is this normal wear and tear? I'm not that hard on the thing so I would hate to think that 6 months is all I can get out of a driveline that I paid a couple bills for.

Should I contact the maker of my driveline and see if it can be warrentied or am I just paranoid?

Cody

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
you need tractor splines.... cuz twistin driveline splines just aint normal. your tube should give out before the splines, just like skyetone said. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Too Far

parts is parts
Twisting splines is bad. This shows that the splines have been beyond the yeild strenghth of the material, thus weakening it. Also there is no way the slip joint can funtion properly if the splines are twisted.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Andy--I went down there today and talked to Eric, he came out and looked at it and said that "yeah it's twisted bad". I'm swapping in an 8.8 in a month or so and I'll need to get a different yoke or something to adapt it. Eric said that when I bring it down for that he'll fix it or beef it up or something.

He said it isn't toooooo unsafe, but that I shouldn't go wheelin' with it. :( It's wheelin season :(

Cody

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by GroceryGetter
Andy--I went down there today and talked to Eric, he came out and looked at it and said that "yeah it's twisted bad". I'm swapping in an 8.8 in a month or so and I'll need to get a different yoke or something to adapt it. Eric said that when I bring it down for that he'll fix it or beef it up or something.

He said it isn't toooooo unsafe, but that I shouldn't go wheelin' with it. :( It's wheelin season :(

Cody

Better swap in that 8.8 SOON!! :cool:

xjc

I give up :(
I would recommend looking over their shoulder as they fix that. If you have the 4.0 with 2XX foot lbs of torqu thats gota be done right!!

There is no way they can fix those twisted splines, its gota be replaced with a new slip yoke, both halves, not just the splined side.

xjc

I give up :(
uh :eek:

5.2 with 2XX (slightly larger XX) foot lbs of torque (probably more torques and horseis than most competition rigs)

I guess that's the problem with a serious engine like that. You could granade a driveline part like no yota motor ever could. :eek: :D