DAA Dave? You at the LHM Bountiful Jeep?

Caleb

Nice, that's pretty close to what my wife was looking at (she wants the color matched top, fenders, etc as well). Then she drove the Porsche Macan GTS and decided she wanted that instead. Now I just showed her the picture of yours and now she's thinking she wants the jeep again :rofl: Nice looking Jeep.

Reactions: DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Looks great! What are the rivet-looking things on the front bumper?

The steel bumper group on the rubicons have a bunch of bolts so you can shorten it up and make a stubby bumper if you like that style. It will also accept a winch.

rholbrook

The steel bumper group on the rubicons have a bunch of bolts so you can shorten it up and make a stubby bumper if you like that style. It will also accept a winch.
But only with a $200 add-on part. I have that add-on part sitting in my garage that I got from AEV since it was their bumper.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
But only with a $200 add-on part. I have that add-on part sitting in my garage that I got from AEV since it was their bumper.
Do you mean the winch will only work with a 200 add on or the bumper can be shortened with a 200 dollar part?

rholbrook

@mesha

The AEV 10th Anniversary / Hard Rock Winch Mount is designed specifically for the OE Mopar steel front bumper found on the 2013-18 10th Anniversary Rubicon, Rubicon X, Hard Rock, 75th Anniversay and Recon edition JK Wranglers. This was taken from AEV's website. I have this bumper on my Rubicon and I was underneath of it one day looking at it to see if it had specific mounting holes or anything special needed to add a winch when I noticed that there was a lot missing to hold a winch. I called the dealer and they told me it needed a kit which I could buy from them for $280. I opted not to buy it from LHM in Bountiful..go figure so I started searching the ole inter-web and was actually able to find one for $160 including shipping so I bought it a while ago. I didnt know if I was going to keep the Jeep so I never put it on. Well, I decided to keep the jeep so now I will get a winch and put it all on.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/pro...ersary-hard-rock-edition-recon-front-bumpers/

Reactions: DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
So you need the plate for the winch, but not to make the bumper a stubby. Got it, thanks! I wish I had the steel bumper on mine. The stubby version might be the first stock bumper I like in the history of ever.