Dads....?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I sure hope some girl doesn't show up on my door step......I can't afford myself let alone a child.

Congrats though brett, I think you'll be an awesome dad.

Cody

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
Brett said:
I just can't believe it just is slowly hitting me. Next week I will be a Dad. Just seems so odd to say. I know I will be fine but that is just strange to say. We have an induction scheduled for the 13th Monday, unless it happens sooner. It's just really odd to think about.

When did it hit other people that they are going to have this new addition in a little while?

It hit me when she was about 2.

:rofl:

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Brett said:
When did it hit other people that they are going to have this new addition in a little while?

with my first child "Erin" it didnt hit me untill i held her in my arms for the first time. i still get a tear in my eye when i think about it.

oh and wait till you get the medical bills then it realy hits you.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Spork said:
:eek: :eek: A nice little stay in the NICU makes that number hit a lot harder... ;)

life flight from tooele to primary childrens+5 days in NICU, that realy hurts the wallet. that is what Jerem went through.(Jerem is the one in my avatar)

i didnt want to bring that up ealier because i didnt want to scare you.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
EKSJAE said:
life flight from tooele to primary childrens+5 days in NICU, that realy hurts the wallet. that is what Jerem went through.(Jerem is the one in my avatar)

I'm not worried about that. There haven't been any problems throughout the whole pregnancy. She's also only 5 minutes from a hospital, so if anything does go wrong before or after, a quick trip down the road and the baby will be in the hospital.

Last edited:

TK1

Full Mall Crawler Status
I just became a dad to an 8 year old little girl. Her parents both died last July and she has been living different relatives but now she's staying with us. We are now her legal guardians and plan to adopt her this summer. Can you say instant change in your life!? It is awsome though and I'm glad to be able to provide her with a stable home.

Also she likes wheeling and camping, my wife is screwed! :D

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
Brett said:
I just can't believe it just is slowly hitting me. Next week I will be a Dad. Just seems so odd to say. I know I will be fine but that is just strange to say. We have an induction scheduled for the 13th Monday, unless it happens sooner. It's just really odd to think about.

COOL! Happy Dad day ....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
It hit me a few weeks after he was born. I wanted to go see a movie. It takes a little more planning than it did with just the two of us. (I refuse to take an infant to a theater, I think it is rude.)

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
EKSJAE said:

Almost 4 weeks here... :eek: I have really good insurance though so that helped a lot...

If they are inducing at term you shouldn't have any problems.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Spork said:
Almost 4 weeks here... :eek: I have really good insurance though so that helped a lot...

If they are inducing at term you shouldn't have any problems.

We're due tomorrow.....but inducing a couple of days later. The doctor wants to see if she can get it started on her own.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Brett said:
We're due tomorrow.....but inducing a couple of days later. The doctor wants to see if she can get it started on her own.
Are you checking her for cervix dialation yourself? I always love to see the hot nurses doing that ;) :rofl: :rofl: :ugh:

richpblaze

Not to scare ya

Brett said:
I'm not worried about that. I think that Corissa and I will be okay with Riley. There haven't been any problems throughout the whole pregnancy. She's also only 5 minutes from Alta View hospital, so if anything does go wrong before or after, a quick trip down the road and Riley will be in the hospital.

Chris was fine the whole pregnancy as well. But when Celeste was born on 09/09/1999 at 8:58 AM she was flown to Primary Childrens Hospital for a 3 week stay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ She was born full of sh!t kinda like her dad. It will hit you the first day and then for the rest of your life. But it's a good thing, really.

Last edited: