Dads....?

James K

NO, I'm always like this
TK1 said:
I just became a dad to an 8 year old little girl. Her parents both died last July and she has been living different relatives but now she's staying with us. We are now her legal guardians and plan to adopt her this summer. Can you say instant change in your life!? It is awsome though and I'm glad to be able to provide her with a stable home.

Also she likes wheeling and camping, my wife is screwed! :D

good for you. that is a huge and wonderful thing you are doing.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
James K said:
good for you. that is a huge and wonderful thing you are doing.
Ditto. My cousin did the same thing about two years ago. The little girl is about as sweet as possible. Her circumstances were that her mom didn't want her anymore. Unbelievable what drugs can do to people.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i think that girls hit you harder than boys do. i know that mine did.
it is so hard to bring a child into this world, with al the crap that is going on in the world, and knowing that it is only going to get worse for them.

Freelancer

Moderhater
Dada, Mama, poo-poo, pee-pee, diapers, formula, insomnia...

I think it hit me the most also when I held my son for the first time and even more when he also spent 10 days in NICU at PCMC in SLC. :( It just devistated us and we wanted to take him home and be a family. But we got through it and now he's 4 and all boy! He and I are best pals and love playing baseball in the backyard. It is so much fun to be able to interact with your child the more they grow. He is so smart and funny, he's always cracking me and my wife up with the things he says. Like if he doesn't want to clean his room he says,"Heavenly Father says he doesn't want me to clean my room." :rofl: :rofl:
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9790&stc=1

I now have a 16 month old girl who is soo sweet. She just melts her daddy's heart. :) All she has to do is give me that big blue eyed look and I'll do anything for her. I just love showing her off to everyone I meet and she's not dating until she's 40 and she's definitely never getting married if I have anything to do with it.
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9791&stc=1

Congradulations, Brett on being a Papa! It is the most life changing, difficult and yet rewarding experience and I would never change it for anything in the world. Good luck! :D

Attachments

• 100_1407.JPG
    100_1407.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1405.JPG
    100_1405.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Brett said:
We're due tomorrow.....but inducing a couple of days later. The doctor wants to see if she can get it started on her own.
...we're a day past due now. :ugh: ...probably end up inducing Mon also.. :D .....I was like you with the first though....didn't sink in till she was almost born...

footin fool

Brett said:
I just can't believe it just is slowly hitting me. Next week I will be a Dad. Just seems so odd to say. I know I will be fine but that is just strange to say. We have an induction scheduled for the 13th Monday, unless it happens sooner. It's just really odd to think about.

When did it hit other people that they are going to have this new addition in a little while?

Wait until you have three in less than five years. It hit me the instant I held them. I also agree on it hits harder with the girls. One boy 4 2 girls 16 months and 6 weeks. The last was a major suprise. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

MRJ

Just a user
Congrats Todd, I'm glad that went through for you.

As for me, it was when I went out to tell my wife's and my parents we were going to start pushing. It was so overwhelming at that point. Six months later and things are awesome. Brett are you guys delivering at Alta Veiw? That place is great.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
It hit me right about the time he came out, the happiest day of my life! (well one of three) Hope every thing goes well. Take her for a ride on a bumpy road and start walking her. :D

Andy

Freelancer

Moderhater
What the devil??!!

footin fool said:
Wait until you have three in less than five years. It hit me the instant I held them. I also agree on it hits harder with the girls. One boy 4 2 girls 16 months and 6 weeks. The last was a major suprise. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

10 months apart? :eek: Holy hannah! What were you thinking?! :ugh: Suprise nothing! You're just Superman! I have profound respect for ya man! :D Post some pics when of them footin' and you too Brett after your rugrat is born. Good luck. :)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
vwjettaon35s said:
10 months apart? :eek: Holy hannah! What were you thinking?! :ugh: Suprise nothing! You're just Superman! I have profound respect for ya man! :D Post some pics when of them footin' and you too Brett after your rugrat is born. Good luck. :)

Ummm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 6 weeks 1.5 months (roughly)? So that would only leave 14.5 months between them.

Freelancer

Moderhater
Oops!

I guess I saw months instead of weeks! :eek: Still, that's very close together! :D Hey, only in Utah do people have that many kids that quick under the age of 5. Those darn Mormon's just can't stop havin' so many "little suprises!" :rofl: LOL!

cruiserkitten70

Well I am not a dad..but I remember when we had our son..when the Doctor told us it was time to push my husband got a little choked up..he started acting kinda dumb. Never in my life have I seen someone so nervous..when he was born he cried( just a little). And ever since has always been wrapped around that kids finger. My daughter never slept in my bed...but our little boy did..because(so says dad) he is cuddly. There is nothing in the world like seeing your baby for the first time..if your a mom or a dad..nothing like it.

footin fool

vwjettaon35s said:
I guess I saw months instead of weeks! :eek: Still, that's very close together! :D Hey, only in Utah do people have that many kids that quick under the age of 5. Those darn Mormon's just can't stop havin' so many "little suprises!" :rofl: LOL!

The last was a big suprise, we where done at two. My wife was on birth control with the first and last. So much for birth control! We are fixing that on saturday. As for the math they are 15 1/2 months apart. 7/7/03 and 10/25/04. Could happen to anyone.

footin fool

There is nothing in the world like seeing your baby for the first time..if your a mom or a dad..nothing like it.[/QUOTE]

The best thing in the world.