Wanted Dana 300

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Just on the off chance someone has one kicking around, does anyone have a lonely Dana 300 slumming around the shop/yard that needs a new home?

Mine is likely recoverable but it's pretty roached. Hopefully I just have a bad bearing or similar. Just wanting to guard against not having a transfer case for EJS

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just on the off chance someone has one kicking around, does anyone have a lonely Dana 300 slumming around the shop/yard that needs a new home?

Mine is likely recoverable but it's pretty roached. Hopefully I just have a bad bearing or similar. Just wanting to guard against not having a transfer case for EJS
I've heard they're commanding serious dollars now, since all of the portal guys want them.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My Commando has a passenger drop 241 from a Dodge with a chevy 241 input. This gets you a slip yoke eliminated 241. My Scrambler is now wearing an Atlas which works great but cost a lot more.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Atlas cases take about 8 months to get, Also I have a line on a dana 300 I havent picked up yet. But I really have no use for.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I think you've been saying this every year or so, for the past 15 years. I think it would have WAY MORE than paid for itself with saved frustration and worry by now.

I just don't want to put the cash into one. You're right though (this exact thing along with coilovers/ORIs crossed my mind as I was buying my Buick. I wanted the Buick more than nice seats, reliable transfer case and "good" suspension I guess?)

Atlas cases take about 8 months to get, Also I have a line on a dana 300 I havent picked up yet. But I really have no use for.

Let me know if it needs a new home.

My Commando has a passenger drop 241 from a Dodge with a chevy 241 input. This gets you a slip yoke eliminated 241. My Scrambler is now wearing an Atlas which works great but cost a lot more.

I was browsing for a pass drop 241 Dodge or Chev this morning.

Last edited:

neagtea

Supporting Member
I have a 300 on my bench with the two piece front output shaft
Been waiting for a brown Santa delivery from jb conversions to fix
I may have a couple parts for the 300 if ya know what ya need?
I have atlas money into a 300 now
I hear atlas have a long lead time
Of note the atlas in my 7 has never failed me yet knock on wood

mbryson

Supporting Member
I have a 300 on my bench with the two piece front output shaft
Been waiting for a brown Santa delivery from jb conversions to fix
I may have a couple parts for the 300 if ya know what ya need?
I have atlas money into a 300 now
I hear atlas have a long lead time
Of note the atlas in my 7 has never failed me yet knock on wood

Muchos gracias el Jeffe. I worked through my magic D300 box (similar to a magic bolt box/bucket but for D300 parts) and think I have everything I need to give this turd another go. I have Atlas $ in the D300 as well.

Long term I think I'll move towards the @DaveB 241 ? Unless there's a financial windfall where an Atlas makes sense? I've got other financial priorities for the Jeep (seats, ORIs, paint, etc). I haven't worked on my Buick for at least 4-5 weeks and it needs to keep progressing. I think I'll use it more often than the Jeep? (At least as it gets done?)

Are you home washing dishes and trimming the lawn with scissors or still at Big West Oil these days? Hope you and yours are doing well! Good to see you around