General Tech dana 44 disk conversion

Morgan 72 W200

i have a 72 dodge W200 3/4 ton 4X4 Dana 44 front axle, warn locking hubs, i would like to know if the disk brake setup from a 77 ford f250 dana 44 with warn locking hubs will swap over from steering knuckles out, i can get the ford 44 for $100.00, both are 8 lugs, the hubs alone are worth the money,

Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I'm not 100% sure on the Dodge axle but I have mixed lots of Chevy, Jeep and Ford parts on the Dana 44 axles we have. We typically use the GM small spindle and steering knuckles, Ford rotors and hubs, and GM/Jeep disc calipers and brackets. The Ford steering knuckles are different than the GM ones so you need to find out if the steering knuckles from the Ford fit on the Dodge axle. My son in law has a set of the Ford 8 lug outer parts that he took off of the axle he did for his Jeep. I would love to get them out of my basement parts pile.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Those Ford knuckles will work on you axle. I'm not sure how the steering will work out, but you should definitely go for it.

Morgan 72 W200

I'm not 100% sure on the Dodge axle but I have mixed lots of Chevy, Jeep and Ford parts on the Dana 44 axles we have. We typically use the GM small spindle and steering knuckles, Ford rotors and hubs, and GM/Jeep disc calipers and brackets. The Ford steering knuckles are different than the GM ones so you need to find out if the steering knuckles from the Ford fit on the Dodge axle. My son in law has a set of the Ford 8 lug outer parts that he took off of the axle he did for his Jeep. I would love to get them out of my basement parts pile.
What year is the ford outer parts in your basement? This guy with the axle seems to have disappeared. Here are 2 pics of the setup I was going to get

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190209-174226_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190209-174226_Facebook.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20190209-174242_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190209-174242_Facebook.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The outer parts came off of a 77 and 78. The 77 was a half ton and the 78 was a 3/4 ton 8 lug. I'll have to round them up. Some may be here at my house and some at my son in laws. Hopefully he didn't chuck any of them.

Morgan 72 W200

The outer parts came off of a 77 and 78. The 77 was a half ton and the 78 was a 3/4 ton 8 lug. I'll have to round them up. Some may be here at my house and some at my son in laws. Hopefully he didn't chuck any of them.
Ok great. How much would you be asking ? I would be interested in the 3/4ton 8 lug parts. What hubs do they have?

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I just went down in the basement and found two sets of Ford steering knuckles, a set of dust shields, caliper mounting brackets, a set of spindles but what I didn't find was the hubs and rotors. My son in law probably has them but he is out of town for the weekend. It would be easy to get a set at the junk yard if he got rid of them..

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I'm not sure the email made it since I got some weird warnings. Where are you located ? Maybe I won't need to ship it if you live near our next wheeling adventure.