Dana 44 from Junkyard

kyojin

What is a fair price I would expect to pay for either a HP D44 or a waggy 44 from a Junkyard? I am looking to start building one up for my TJ. If I could find one with 4.10's that would be ideal as I wouldn't have to regear.

Caleb

You can get Waggy front ends quite often at pick n pull or similar yards for $200...if you get it on a half off day it (obviously) $100. If you buy one from a normal yard, I'd bet you'll pay $500+. To some of these yards a truck axle is a truck axle (doesn't matter if it's a D44 or a D60). I remember years ago calling around an getting the same price for D60s as I was D44s (about $1000 or more)...but that was YEARS ago.

sLOWERTHANU

Most yards in Ogden that I went to while looking for a D60 had HP 44's and Waggy 44's for about $2-300. Nobody had a 60. I was able to finally find a Chev 60 for about $800 though.

Ogden is covered in them. All of the Yards on 17th west of wall have them.

Make sure you wear your confederate flag T-shirt, them some Good 'ol boys down there.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Most yards in Ogden that I went to while looking for a D60 had HP 44's and Waggy 44's for about $2-300. Nobody had a 60. I was able to finally find a Chev 60 for about $800 though.

Ogden is covered in them. All of the Yards on 17th west of wall have them.

Make sure you wear your confederate flag T-shirt, them some Good 'ol boys down there.

I think tear apart is 125 a front axle and pull and save is around 150 for fronts. PNP is like caleb said about 2. IF you go through just a normal junkyard where they pull it expect 4-5

kyojin

Looks like Labrum and transwest and others have some for around $200.00. Seems like a good deal if it is already pulled and all I have to do is load it.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I bought my '89 waggy front from Trans West last spring for $200, I just backed my truck up and they dropped it in for me. I even saved a few bucks by only having exactly $200 in cash with me. When he rung it up and added tax, it was $216 or whatever, I pulled out a wad of $20's and said that was all I had.