dana 60 HD

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes. Just double-check to make sure it's not a D61, those crop up occasionally.

Bud

'98 ZJ
A 61 is way different inside as far as dimensions go. Ring gear and everything is the same size. To give an example of the dimensions, if you took a 60 carrier and threw it in the 61 the ring gear won't even come close to touching the pinion teeth. You can get different carriers and R/Ps to make your stuff for a 60 work in a 61 from Randy's Ring and Pinion...

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
You can use a spacer for the ring gear as well, I think it's Reider Racing that makes one. IIRC it's a huge spacer though, something like 3/16" thick. Ring gear spacers aren't the best option anyway, but it would allow you to use standard D60 stuff if you had to.

The 61 was designed for weird tall gear ratios, that's why it has a different pinion to ring gear distance. (taller than is typically available for D60's, like 2.xx:1 range)

fonzisjeepn

So if the stamp on the side of the diff says 60 HD there should be no problems with ordering parts. regular dana 60 stuff should work

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So if the stamp on the side of the diff says 60 HD there should be no problems with ordering parts. regular dana 60 stuff should work

Right. You're golden. The only difference between your 60HD and a "normal" one is some extra ribbing on the casting, and maybe thicker walled axle tubes.

i had a 60 HD from a 75 f-250 and it was 16 spline shafts, then the last 60 i got was a regular 60 from a 79 f-250 and it was 30 spline, go figure. but to answer the question yes there the same as a regular 60. the D-61 will use eather 3.31 gears ( ford ) or the dodge ( oil burnner only ) 3.07 ratio, jason. ford only used them in the rear only, dodge used them in the front and rear, jason.