Dana 60 Kingpin steering knuckle & arms that tie together?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Mine have been dual shear like the TMR setup for about 12 years with zero problems. I don’t think a keyed knuckle is as important as the dual shear. It spreads the load across a lot more area.

Yeah, it's a much wider area to spread the load over... and aftermarket knuckles will only ensure zero issues.

Ashcat

Sky’s has a knuckle tie-in that’s kind of attractive vs the slab of meat style.

Summit Racing has 2 pairs of aloomeeneeumm Artec arms in stock

Ashcat

I have a set of TMRs Dana 44 raised arms. Quality is nice but if you’re in a real time crunch, ordering from snow Mexico blows unless you find USA inventory, not sure who their dealers are.

Per TMR, they once made aluminum arms but had a lot of failures.

Ashcat

Maybe kindly ask Ryan if he still does side runs of arms?

Not sure why the high steer arm market is all wonky.

And psa, greatautodeals on eBay gives me the heebie jeebies. They list stolen photos from every high steer manufacturer and at prices well below 50%.

Greg

Admin
Sky’s has a knuckle tie-in that’s kind of attractive vs the slab of meat style.

Summit Racing has 2 pairs of aloomeeneeumm Artec arms in stock

The Sky's arms look great, and the double sheer hole is centered too, unlike the TMR arms which have the hole close to the edge of the arm. Good call!

I think these will be what I buy.

Screenshot_20230312_172344.jpg

Greg

Admin
... Per TMR, they once made aluminum arms but had a lot of failures.

I thought that was an interesting mention from TMR, I didn't like the idea of aluminum steering arms to begin with.

Their experience solidified the idea for me, funny how they mention LS engines and big 40"+ tires finding the limits of aluminum arms... and I'm running a LS3 with sticky 40's.

Screenshot_20230312_173026.jpg