Dana 70HD DRW to SRW width

87wrangler_yj

Hey fellas. I have an opportunity to pick up a Dana 70HD DRW from a c&c truck. The guy says it’s 65 inches from wms to wms. I need around 70 inches. I was wondering if I swapped srw hubs from a Dana 70 or 14 bolt if it would get me there?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't know if the hubs and bearings swap from a 14 Bolt to a D70, they might but I've never heard of anyone doing it before.

What about a D70 from a Cummins Dodge? They're probably around that width. I think they're only 32 spline shafts though.

87wrangler_yj

I don't know if the hubs and bearings swap from a 14 Bolt to a D70, they might but I've never heard of anyone doing it before.

What about a D70 from a Cummins Dodge? They're probably around that width. I think they're only 32 spline shafts though.
I read somewhere that the 14 bolt hubs swap over. But I’m not sure if that’s all Dana 70’s or not.
I was trying to get one with 35 spline shafts, but I’m honestly not sure how much of a difference it’ll make on 40’s.
The second gen Cummins D70 is 70 inches wide?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I read somewhere that the 14 bolt hubs swap over. But I’m not sure if that’s all Dana 70’s or not.
I was trying to get one with 35 spline shafts, but I’m honestly not sure how much of a difference it’ll make on 40’s.

I'd love to hear if 14 Bolt hubs bolt on, that would be good to know.

35 spline would be preferable for 40's, but upgrading to aftermarket 35 spline is pretty straight forward and not too spendy.

The second gen Cummins D70 is 70 inches wide?

I believe so, right around 69-70" wide IIRC.

87wrangler_yj

I'd love to hear if 14 Bolt hubs bolt on, that would be good to know.

35 spline would be preferable for 40's, but upgrading to aftermarket 35 spline is pretty straight forward and not too spendy.

I believe so, right around 69-70" wide IIRC.
Might end up going that route. They seem to be easier to find than the D70HD.