DCRC ‘20 - Input needed

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Yes we did it both ways. There had to be another cone somewhere. Maybe it’s on the other side of the rock hanging on.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
just watched the video a couple times; that day there were no other cones through there. But i swear there was one going the other direction, as that wouldve been the first gate

N-Smooth

Weird. Technically they can use the entrance/exit cone for the other half of the gate but it’s uncommon. I’m sure that’s what it was though

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Man Nate, your buggy make it look like lots of room.

In my head I remember it super tight like a lineman in a airline seat, sure.... it will fit... :D

N-Smooth

What do you boys think about sponsoring/hosting a pre DCRC trip. Go down, set up some courses, play on the rocks, have some guys play judges... Do you think there would be any interest?

The best option for something like that would probably be to make it very unofficial. Otherwise you may have to worry about insurance and a bunch of nonsense. That being said a company could still bring a grill, hot dogs/burgers and some drinks out. I’m always down to get some extra practice though. I even have like 8 cones lol

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
The best option for something like that would probably be to make it very unofficial. Otherwise you may have to worry about insurance and a bunch of nonsense. That being said a company could still bring a grill, hot dogs/burgers and some drinks out. I’m always down to get some extra practice though. I even have like 8 cones lol

With coaching soccer I have a couple of cones too. :)

POR

Man, I need to read up WeRock Rules and classes before I can give serious input as to that part of the question,

but I think the one thing that Big needs to keep in mind, where Delta is more a competitors event than a spectator event and an introduction to competing for many. I would like to see in the stock class/JK class (if they run it) courses that test driving skill and strategy but don't necessarily risk trashing/rolling a rig just to compete for two days.

WeRock likes to put on a "show" for spectators to justify them spending the money to attend, but the show is usually at the expense of competitors. Luckily to be a comp driver you are committed to the game and hopefully have some sponsors to help cover repair/rebuild costs. Stock and JK guys generally aren't in that world and will likely stay away.

I have a couple of friends that are interesting in running a JK class, but I can't see them willing to trash their rigs on "extreeeemmmeeee" courses for bragging rights and gas money.

Granted I didn't compete last year so it might have been different, but the first year Big helped with DCRC the stock courses raised some cain with a bunch of the drivers in terms of breakage and body damage. Think of the black YJ from Idaho that broke everything and had to be lifted back to their camp. (Granted it is hard to tell the fine lines between "too easy", "just right", and can you roll my rig back over...)

Hope that doesn't sound like too much of downer...

The other concern that might already be answered in the rules, that I haven't read yet, is safety equipment. Stock and JK should allow OEM safety restraints with helmet, if they want new folks to try things out, keep the barriers to entry to a minimum. (no harnesses required for those classes)

The beardslee bros!!! They are awesome competitors.. they are the poster child for competitive racing spirit. They keep showing up to comps fighting and always loosing to sandbaggers. I cant wait till they pull off a 1st place it'll be a long time coming. So whats the difference between stock mod and sportman c? So is this gonna be sportmans a running c courses and creating of more easier courses for stockish rigs?

POR

Adopting WeRock classes simplifies everything and does away with the weird bonus points for running smaller than whatever tire is specified. Plus if someone is building a vehicle to fit a certain class they will fit in that class at every event all year long.

In short, Its a wonderful idea!
I really liked craigs courses, he left alot of creativity up to teams and really gave you a mind game on top of course challenges

N-Smooth

The beardslee bros!!! They are awesome competitors.. they are the poster child for competitive racing spirit. They keep showing up to comps fighting and always loosing to sandbaggers. I cant wait till they pull off a 1st place it'll be a long time coming. So whats the difference between stock mod and sportman c? So is this gonna be sportmans a running c courses and creating of more easier courses for stockish rigs?

The courses have always been about the same difficulty for Sportsman C and stock mod anyways. Stock mod is usually just more strict on requirements- like vehicle modifications. Sportsman C is more open so that more guys will get involved.

I also loved Craig’s courses, don’t get me wrong but they usually involved hitting more cones no matter what and some people have a problem with courses like that because their scores end up being terrible. Obviously I know it doesn’t matter if you’re in the negative as long as you win but others don’t love that.