DCRC ‘20 - Input needed

POR

It’s definitely changing some of the stuff to be more like WERock. The Delta classes are just silly so something has to change.
I would think the normal we rock class's and rules would suffice for everyone.. the jk class would be cool. It wpuld be a bunch of grumpy grilled jeeps hahahaha

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Hi Kevin, good to see your input here. I think your wheeling experience and ER experience add to things.

Let me understand the why you feel Lap Belts shouldn't be allowed.
if there is a flop or roll on the courses even in stock form it's possible I do not feel that a lab belt will hold your upper body in place well enough. Therefore resulting in Head injury or even spinal injury. That extra shoulder support does a lot.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
It’s definitely changing some of the stuff to be more like WERock. The Delta classes are just silly so something has to change.

Ok I am just going to giggle and hope you mean something other than sportsman classes. They are the definition of silly. ?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
if there is a flop or roll on the courses even in stock form it's possible I do not feel that a lab belt will hold your upper body in place well enough. Therefore resulting in Head injury or even spinal injury. That extra shoulder support does a lot.
That makes sense.

I hadn’t considered the potential spinal issues.

I guess I am just used to the suspension seats.

Thanks for the reply.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Ok I am just going to giggle and hope you mean something other than sportsman classes. They are the definition of silly. ?

Nope, I mean sportsman classes are coming. I’d say that’s pretty much guaranteed. Most of the competitors that were there last year (really this year) see the need for a change.

I do expect there to be a stock class and possibly even a beginner or stock AF class as well. We’ll see though.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
I have no problem competing against you in Sportsman C but a JK class where the only rule is to be in a JK would be more fun for you
Maybe bump the C class tire size to allow the JK's? I don't like the idea of a vehicle specific class. Can we have a Tacoma only class? Or an Early Bronco only class?

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Maybe bump the C class tire size to allow the JK's? I don't like the idea of a vehicle specific class. Can we have a Tacoma only class? Or an Early Bronco only class?

There’s only one of each of those that attends. What’s next, an FToy class?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Maybe bump the C class tire size to allow the JK's?

Yea, that is what I have been campaigning for but all I hear is crickets... Or standard pre-recorded answer "We-Rock is better and OSRC sucks..." :rolleyes: ?

It doesn't make any sense to send vehicles with license plates, regardless of tire size, against a buggy.

Realistically when it comes to dodging cones the larger tires and the generally wider 1 ton axles required to run them will likely be a disadvantage... Look at what Nate has been able to do with stock axles and stock width, and I think 35's...

N-Smooth

Yea, that is what I have been campaigning for but all I hear is crickets... Or standard pre-recorded answer "We-Rock is better and OSRC sucks..." :rolleyes: ?

It doesn't make any sense to send vehicles with license plates, regardless of tire size, against a buggy.

Realistically when it comes to dodging cones the larger tires and the generally wider 1 ton axles required to run them will likely be a disadvantage... Look at what Nate has been able to do with stock axles and stock width, and I think 35's...

That’s weird, who said OSRC sucks? I started in ‘14 and haven’t missed a year since. Saying the rules are needlessly complicated and saying the event sucks are two very different things. Rich has never been thrilled with the OSRC classes and has received a lot of feedback from competitors, especially this year that he should change them.

A two door JK could actually do decent in Sportsman C but a JKU is not going to have a good time, even with 40’s.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
A two door JK could actually do decent in Sportsman C but a JKU is not going to have a good time, even with 40’s.

I agree, it isn't going to be a sure win for them, we have talked about Sami's on 31's doing well, but the point is let them compete... Let them come and find out how much fun it is. Let them bring what they have, compete, have fun, and realize I have to build/bring something different to be better at this.

Get new people/rigs involved!

The way the rules are drawn up now, the event will likely not see any new competitors because the rules prevent people from trying.

(Realistically, the only reason they have a "sportman B" is a group of people with cool buggies got smoked by someone with rearstear and didn't want to play anymore)

It is missing a huge demographic of people who love wheeling, have invested a bunch into their rigs, and likely have funds available to go into the mainstream competitions, but because someone drew some goofy lines in the sand, they likely won't try.

They look at this event and think "if I could run against similar rigs I might, but since I am stuck running against buggies, eh, I will pass"

kmboren

That’s weird, who said OSRC sucks? I started in ‘14 and haven’t missed a year since. Saying the rules are needlessly complicated and saying the event sucks are two very different things. Rich has never been thrilled with the OSRC classes and has received a lot of feedback from competitors, especially this year that he should change them.

So let's have JKU /JLU or other long wheel base rigs allowed to have 40s but keep the others at 37s in the sportsman c courses. We all know they are at a disadvantage with those long wheel basses anyways.

N-Smooth

I don’t understand why you guys think the WERock sportsman class rules are more exclusive than current OSRC. To me they’re WAY more INCLUSIVE. Delta rules had holes so they added the trail buggy class. Sportsman classes already have a place for trail buggies- either B or A depending on how they’re equipped.
I think a “beginner” class added on top of current WERock classes would be great. Big might disagree and adjust the tire size rules for Sportsman C to make everybody fit. We’ll see. He usually asks me if I think a rig fits in my class or not and I’ve never said no.

What I’d really like is to hear from people that want to compete and what their concerns are- what’s stopping them from competing?

N-Smooth

So let's have JKU /JLU or other long wheel base rigs allowed to have 40s but keep the others at 37s in the sportsman c courses. We all know they are at a disadvantage with those long wheel basses anyways.

Steve, David and Bart were talking about that a couple years ago and Big said the same thing he always says: get enough similar vehicles that want to compete in a class like that and bring them.

Edit: or have them compete in Sportsman C. I care zero. I remember you not liking Merri competing in Donner with 42’s though.

kmboren

Steve, David and Bart were talking about that a couple years ago and Big said the same thing he always says: get enough similar vehicles that want to compete in a class like that and bring them.

Edit: or have them compete in Sportsman C. I care zero. I remember you not liking Merri competing in Donner with 42’s though.
I am talking about letting the long wheel base rigs aka JKU have 40s. Yes Merris rig was clearly not a sportsman c rig. A back halfed TJ on 42s stickies didn't belong. When she lined up with us I was surprised. Old school is also different than We rock.

pkrfctr

XJ Nate- I'm the JKU on 40's and 1 ton axles, full body, full doors, which class do I run? I've also wondered what helmets qualify and what doesn't? bike helmets, DOT, rappelling helmet?

N-Smooth

XJ Nate- I'm the JKU on 40's and 1 ton axles, full body, full doors, which class do I run? I've also wondered what helmets qualify and what doesn't? bike helmets, DOT, rappelling helmet?

The rules say Sportsman B but I’d ask Rich to make an exception and put you in either Sportsman C or Street Stock. Regardless, we will find out as it gets closer and I’m sure the rules will be adjusted to accommodate competitors. They always are. Also worth noting that you’ll be on the same courses either way, it’s really just about trying to find a class that you can be competitive in and therefore have a good time.

DOT helmets are required. Mine is a $50 half helmet from Wright’s and it works great but some people even wear full face or motocross helmets because that’s what they have.

Coco

Let me know if a SXS class is possible, I would be willing to bet we could get at least 5 machines there, I would think they could run on the sportsmans C courses.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Let me know if a SXS class is possible, I would be willing to bet we could get at least 5 machines there, I would think they could run on the sportsmans C courses.

If you want to talk about a big demographic of people who is likely to jump into the WeRock world, it would be the SXS crowd.

The second side of this is the number of new potential sponsors who would sign up to sell to the SXS crowd.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
The rules say Sportsman B but I’d ask Rich to make an exception and put you in either Sportsman C or Street Stock.

I know this is a dead horse, but I am not sure that without "proposed" exception there would be a ton of people like Pkrfctr who would sign up to run against the other players that Sportsman B includes...

1576615478376.png

vs

1576615543686.png
:puke: