DCRC ‘20 - Input needed

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
@pkrfctr or anybody else that’s interested in competing and has questions PLEASE reach out. I’m not an employee of WERock or anything but I’m always glad to help anybody get into competitive rock crawling. I’m just not going to go around in circles and waste my time.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
I know this is a dead horse, but I am not sure that without "proposed" exception there would be a ton of people like Pkrfctr who would sign up to run against the other players that Sportsman B includes...

View attachment 124082

vs

View attachment 124083
:puke:

I think what it is really going to come down to is...do you really want to compete. If they just want to show up and look the part, that's fine. If they are really interested in trying it, I think they will find a way to make it work. A lot of times the people that are looking at reasons not to run, are not really wanting to do it anyways.
I have sourced smaller tires to fit into a class. I have locked out cutting brakes to fit a class. I have built a VERY class specific rig to fit a class.

If someone wants to play, they will either find the required equipment to play, or talk with the promoter and explain why they fit in a certain class.
As Nate stated earlier, Rich will flex the rules a bit to make things work. As long as it isn't unsafe or blatantly obvious that they don't fit the class, he will probably make an adjustment.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I think what it is really going to come down to is...do you really want to compete. If they just want to show up and look the part, that's fine. If they are really interested in trying it, I think they will find a way to make it work. A lot of times the people that are looking at reasons not to run, are not really wanting to do it anyways.
I have sourced smaller tires to fit into a class. I have locked out cutting brakes to fit a class. I have built a VERY class specific rig to fit a class.

If someone wants to play, they will either find the required equipment to play, or talk with the promoter and explain why they fit in a certain class.
As Nate stated earlier, Rich will flex the rules a bit to make things work. As long as it isn't unsafe or blatantly obvious that they don't fit the class, he will probably make an adjustment.

This is the ticket, Rich isnt going to put a JK on 40s in a buggy class. If you are an exception to the rules then get ahold of Rich. He is a very understanding guy and has been doing this long enough that he knows what it takes.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Hey everybody, I know this seems really far away but planning is key and Rich asked me for input!
2) Anything else at all that you would change? The input here is extremely important. Maybe your idea is silly and it will get shot down but who cares, the worst thing that can happen is Big says no.

One thing I do miss about the original OSRC layout was the course flow. I know it was a pita having all the cones in play, but it was nice to be able to watch all the other competitors. The Werock layout has always seperated the pro courses from the lower level courses. What generally happens is that the spectators flock to the pro lines, and don't really watch anyone else. Same with the judges. They are covering the pro lines, but the stock/legend/etc classes have to judge themselves.
With the old design, if you had a group you were running with (driving and spotting different classes), you could have them in the same group. Currently, with the split, it makes it more difficult to follow/keep up with running order.

Just my $.02.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
oh judging. this is a fun one.

I liked how it worked last year, even if that meant that the stock class was self judging ourselves, we were all playing by the same rules, instead of there being discrepancies in the rules from one course to the next.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Bringing this back up. Didn't know if Ryan wanted to stir the pot on this one too. :D
Just a little over 2 months away. Trying to get a new rig built for the stock AF class.

I wish people on here cared about comp crawling enough to get that fired up about it. I would gladly start another dumpster fire to get some attention to this event

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Your Promod comment hurt, so might have to move down a class. My feelers get hurt easily ya know.

His comment was that pro mods are the coolest because they drive the same lines as unlimited guys in cars with 2 seats and without rear steer. That was meant to be a compliment.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
His comment was that pro mods are the coolest because they drive the same lines as unlimited guys in cars with 2 seats and without rear steer. That was meant to be a compliment.

Its true, Sportsman C and Promod are the best classes

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I wish people on here cared about comp crawling enough to get that fired up about it. I would gladly start another dumpster fire to get some attention to this event

I don't know what the answer is, but IMO there are a LOT of guys on here that have 'been there, done that'... many years ago, myself included.

For me personally, it has always been hard to attend OSRC/DCRC when it happens on what was a 4 day weekend (for me) but the event was only 2 days. While I would enjoy watching, it's much less eventful to be in the stands compared to when I used to be out there competing. I would like to be on the course with a camera and getting coverage for RME though. It just has never worked out with my timing.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I don't know what the answer is, but IMO there are a LOT of guys on here that have 'been there, done that'... many years ago, myself included.

For me personally, it has always been hard to attend OSRC/DCRC when it happens on what was a 4 day weekend (for me) but the event was only 2 days. While I would enjoy watching, it's much less eventful to be in the stands compared to when I used to be out there competing. I would like to be on the course with a camera and getting coverage for RME though. It just has never worked out with my timing.

I get it as life progresses priorities change, you guys are old and your priorites are wrong. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im obviously kidding, After the 500 comment dumpster fire I started on facebook I now have to post disclaimers...

I missed the hayday of rock crawling when everyone was involved and it hurts me inside

RockChucker

I get it as life progresses priorities change, you guys are old and your priorites are wrong. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im obviously kidding, After the 500 comment dumpster fire I started on facebook I now have to post disclaimers...

I missed the hayday of rock crawling when everyone was involved and it hurts me inside

Dumpster fire? What did you say for those of us not in the know....

And for me....Delta was fun to go watch for a few years. I have no desire to compete. I would rather go wheelin with my family. Turns out that is a great weekend to run Hanging Tree...since everyone else (kinda) is at Delta.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Kidding. I'm good with running by myself....Greatly increases my chance for a podium finish. :rofl:
It was funny to see how many got butt hurt over that post.