DCRC ‘20 - Input needed

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
so what're the chances that DCRC 2020 is actually gonna happen?

They moved the Sand Hollow event (supposed to be this weekend) to 2 weeks before DCRC. So obviously they're trying to make it happen but who knows? I'm hopeful.

EDIT: they're going to decide if Sand Hollow will happen by 4/20 so that will probably give us some insight into whether or not DCRC will happen/be rescheduled etc

N-Smooth

Sand Hollow and Delta were both cancelled but the July event got moved to Cedar City! It’s July 11-12 and Big said he’s going to try and make it like Delta so competitors from that event will come out. Cedar is an awesome location for WERock and I’m excited to have it back there. Everyone should come out!

N-Smooth

Oh and for the record it was Millard County that said NAH, NOT UP IN HERE! (No events in the month of May)
Big was hoping they’d change their tune, especially after Utah was moved to “moderate” risk and with DCRC being late in May but they weren’t budging.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
yea this one really bums me out. This is our Memorial Day tradition, as it is for quite a few other people. and i get that Big is trying to draw us down in July to CC, which i will try to make, but the weekend before is the 4th, and we already have travel plans, so taking more time off might not be in the cards. plus, its just not the same.

although, a thought came to mind- we have multiple world class comp spots in this state. Sand Hollow, Cedar City, Delta Proving Grounds, Miller Motorsports Park, and i'm sure there are others; it would be cool to see a smaller local rock crawl series to help push the sport locally. something more along the lines of OSRC/DCRC, but not quite WeRock.

N-Smooth

although, a thought came to mind- we have multiple world class comp spots in this state. Sand Hollow, Cedar City, Delta Proving Grounds, Miller Motorsports Park, and i'm sure there are others; it would be cool to see a smaller local rock crawl series to help push the sport locally. something more along the lines of OSRC/DCRC, but not quite WeRock.

I'd love to see more rock crawling organizations but they just aren't popping up and again, I don't see the reasoning with people not wanting to start out in WERock... the Sportsman classes are great for beginners and the Pro classes are amazing. I just don't see what could change to make it better that wouldn't make it more of a liability. I don't really want to beat that dead horse though so it is what it is.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
nothing against WeRock, other than its a hike to get to some of the events. If it were a Utah series, everything would be within a few hours, vs a day to get there and a day to get back

N-Smooth

nothing against WeRock, other than its a hike to get to some of the events. If it were a Utah series, everything would be within a few hours, vs a day to get there and a day to get back

I get that and it's definitely a commitment but if you go to Donner, Goldendale or Farmington you'll understand why we do it and love it. Their locations are seriously AMAZING!

maveric

Crawler Collecter

I believe there is a location in Vernal as well. And other than permitting issues, Rangely has a park as well.