Deadwood HBO Series

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Anybody get into this show? I just started watching it now I can't stop.
I like the historical facts built into the story... and the dialogue is great! :D

deadwood460.jpg

Meat_

Banned
It's awesome

Space them out though, you are going to be pissed when you run out of eps to watch.

I'm going to go through and watch them all for a 3rd time soon... I've been kindof waiting for them to come out in 720p like Band of Brothers recently did.

You may or may not get this yet, but I about fell off my atv from laughing when I passed the Trixie mine down by Eureka one day (around the time that I was watching Deadwood)

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Got the 3 seasons on dvd, I like them a lot. But they are too dirty for you Shane, we're all very dissapointed in you;) Soon enough you will see everyone is a c0cksucker in that show:rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Got the 3 seasons on dvd, I like them a lot. But they are too dirty for you Shane, we're all very dissapointed in you;) Soon enough you will see everyone is a c0cksucker in that show:rofl:

Are you kidding? These people talk just like I do, I think that's why I like it so much. :rofl: :D

Calamity Jane is hilarious. :rofl:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Are you kidding? These people talk just like I do, I think that's why I like it so much. :rofl: :D

Calamity Jane is hilarious. :rofl:

I'm sure your wife appreciates that a bunch when you talk to her like that. But yep, a good show indeed. Too bad only three seasons:-\

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Shane seems so nice, so quiet. But man! Swears like a sailor! F this! F that you f'ing f'er, etc.

I couldn't believe it. And AMY!!! ohmigosh, my ears! Even their dog is surly and ill-tempered. :D

all lies of course.

Meat_

Banned
I thoroughly enjoy swearing, but as I got into the second season the shear amount of swearing actually made the show less good.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
;)
Shane seems so nice, so quiet. But man! Swears like a sailor! F this! F that you f'ing f'er, etc.

I couldn't believe it. And AMY!!! ohmigosh, my ears! Even their dog is surly and ill-tempered. :D

all lies of course.

I know once you get a couple drinks in him, he is a crazy SOB ;)

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Sorry for getting you hooked on a dead end series .....I know I enjoy rewatching it over and over.Its like the Band Of Brothers ,it will never get old .

Meat_

Banned
meat and badger are deadwood pushers.... run.. run like hell... I was hooked before the end of the first two episodes. and equally pissed when I found out that it killed after 3 seasons.

hey umm Meat.. I would like to chat with you when you obtain the 720p :)

:D
I don't even know if they have plans to release them in 720p

I don't think I can hack it. We watched the first two episodes and man, that show is a doozy. :ugh: So far, I've heard the f bomb more than I say it in my mind, saw entire frontal on a less than attractive woman, and saw full frontal on a nasty dude. Why are we watching this again??? :confused:

AND, I can't even understand Calamity Jane!

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Stick with it.Not saying it gets any better in language but the story will really start to suck you and give you some good insight as to what it might have been like to live in the day.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Stick with it.Not saying it gets any better in language but the story will really start to suck you and give you some good insight as to what it might have been like to live in the day.

That's what I like about it. It's not a "fluffy hollywood western". It's a show all flaws type of show, it's how they did things back in the day.

Meat_

Banned
I don't think I can hack it. We watched the first two episodes and man, that show is a doozy. :ugh: So far, I've heard the f bomb more than I say it in my mind, saw entire frontal on a less than attractive woman, and saw full frontal on a nasty dude. Why are we watching this again??? :confused:

AND, I can't even understand Calamity Jane!

I seem to remember telling you that you wouldn't like it. -_-

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I have wanted to check it out, but I am afraid of another disappointing ending from an HBO series.

I bought and watched every season of Six Feet Under. Series was really good and changed my outlook on life and death quite a bit. Great series and my favorite overall which is tough since I am a Rizzuto and my wifes family is all Italian.
This one actually ended really well and didnt leave you hanging.

The Sopranos is a close second. I loved just about every episode but the ending absolutely sucked balls. I hated it and I wanted to throw every DVD out the window. I was pissed.

OZ, good series, most of the episodes were good with a few that sucked. This series ended even worse than The Sopranos. I mean come on, poison gas?

Weeds, (Yeah I know Showtime) really good series so far. I dont get Showtime so I just buy the DVD's when they come out. SO far so good.

I want to eventually watch Deadwood if it doesnt have a crappy ending, and Big Love or whatever its called (Polygamy). Just havent had a chance yet.