Deer hunt plans?

Houndoc

So, where is everyone headed for the deer hunt?

I will be around Flaming Gorge, spending time both higher up as well as off the lake.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Gave it up. It took a lot of years for me to figure out that I could buy an entire beef, for what that hundred pounds of crappy jerky costs.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
I'll never understand why everyone wastes their meat by turning it to jerky. There is so much good meat to be had. At LEAST turn it to summer sausage, salami, or deer brats.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I'll never understand why everyone wastes their meat by turning it to jerky. There is so much good meat to be had. At LEAST turn it to summer sausage, salami, or deer brats.

I prefer Deer Jerky to Sausage, Salami etc.. Thompsons smokehouse here in Tooele makes some seriously good Jerky :)

DAA

Thompsons smokehouse here in Tooele makes some seriously good Jerky :)

Thompsons makes the best jerky anywhere. I make the second best. Well... I make pretty decent jerky anyway. Okay, so I just use store bought jerky mix and my family and coworkers all seem to like it a lot :D.

My deer hunt ended opening day of the archery season back in August. Most of the meat has already been eaten too - in the form of jerky :greg:.

- DAA

bronco165

DirtHedZ Offroad Club
I will be Parker Mtn with Mike and my daughter and family. Total days on Parker this year about 18 days, because I am doing dedicated hunter. I bagged a nice 3 by 4 last year. I just cant seem to hit them on the archery or blackpowder hunts. Good luck to all and be safe.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'm heading up to South Dakota again this year. Last year was pretty good for me hopefully it will be better this year, we have about 7 people going with three tags a piece should be a good trip.

Houndoc

I'm heading up to South Dakota again this year. Last year was pretty good for me hopefully it will be better this year, we have about 7 people going with three tags a piece should be a good trip.

Three tags each???? That is a heck of a lot of deer.

BTW, anyone have any luck over the weekend?

Very few deer seen on our area, by anyone. Did enjoy watching moose, bighorn sheep, wild turkeys etc, however.