definitly good news. Couldnt find this posted on here anywhere.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I think the thread is called "depressed about this bears ears deal" in the land use section.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
In my conversations with some of Chaffetz people I have been told that you will not see a rescinding of the monument, but you will most likely see a very scaled back monument that protects the Bears Ears area. It is also possible that there will be a scaling back of the Grand Staircase monument since the EO specifically goes back 21 years.

Houndoc

In my conversations with some of Chaffetz people I have been told that you will not see a rescinding of the monument, but you will most likely see a very scaled back monument that protects the Bears Ears area. It is also possible that there will be a scaling back of the Grand Staircase monument since the EO specifically goes back 21 years.

I would be shocked to see major changes in either.

Suspect Trump will use the E.O. requesting the review so he can claim he kept his campaign promise and nothing significantly will change. Considering the trouble he has had with court battles on other executive orders, can't really see him starting a court fight over changing existing monuments, which would be guaranteed to happen.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
After talking with Wade Garrett out of Chaffetz office I believe the Monument law will be rewritten to limit acreage of any new Monuments and reduce those in existence now. The next step will be to do away with WSA's or make them wilderness which hasn't been done in 40 years except in one instance in Oregon where the land was reworked to make it pass as wilderness.

ID Bronco

WSA's are the biggest problem we have, they are managed the same as wilderness and far easier to get through. Still has the same negative impacts on many users, the surrounding communities, ect. This would be a great move.