#deleteFacebook

DAA

I wish I was surprised. I really do.

I'm not on FB, I don't use my phone for anything except answering a few phone calls and very rarely making a phone call. Maybe two or three texts a month. I don't do searches on it or use the web on it. I don't use any apps on it, ever. I don't take pictures with it. Not because I am a Luddite, I just don't take or make many calls and I can't type on it, and I like using real computers for computer stuff, and real cameras for camera stuff, that's all.

But somewhere, there is a pile of even my personal data that would shock me, I'm sure. And somehow, someone, someday, is going to figure out how to monetize and even weaponize that data. All without my consent. Well, heck, lots of people have already figured out how to do crude, primitive monetization of it, I see evidence of that all the time. It's nothing compared to what's coming though. AI is going to figure this stuff out in ways we mere humans never dreamed. I do believe control of data has already surpassed control of land as the primary source of real power in the world.

It's a pretty rotten paradigm we're headed for...

- DAA

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's a pretty rotten paradigm we're headed for...

Believe it or not, there are 'white hats' working on preventing this rotten paradigm. It's a slow and painful process but they are the reason for this info coming out. Just wait and see what you will find out about Amazon in the near future...

Would you believe me if I told you that GOOG setup a private off main grid gmail server in NK for certain people in gov't in order to avoid FISA and NSA collection? It failed and that's been dismantled. :) Would you believe me if I said the same people responsible for that setup was also pulling the puppet stings in NK? Know why NK is free and wants peace now?

It's a deep rabbit hole, man.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Believe it or not, there are 'white hats' working on preventing this rotten paradigm. It's a slow and painful process but they are the reason for this info coming out. Just wait and see what you will find out about Amazon in the near future...

Would you believe me if I told you that GOOG setup a private off main grid gmail server in NK for certain people in gov't in order to avoid FISA and NSA collection? It failed and that's been dismantled. :) Would you believe me if I said the same people responsible for that setup was also pulling the puppet stings in NK? Know why NK is free and wants peace now?

It's a deep rabbit hole, man.
Wait, wat? [mind blown]

Tebbsjeep

Since this is the Facebook thread, have any of you not been able to log into facebook because of their two-factor authorization not working? My phone was running sluggish so I cleared my caches, which logged me out of facebook. But now my phone doesn't receive the texts from facebook that contain my two-factor security codes. I've tried every avenue that facebook has on their website to recover my account, but after a week of trying I haven't received a response from them. After searching online this seems to be a problem a lot of people run into. Apparently they don't have a CS department to speak of. After this frustration I really want to delete my account, but I want to get all of my pictures off of there first. I fear that I am screwed, and I won't be able to get them. Anybody know any tricks that might help?

Tebbsjeep

Yes I have. Unfortunately the only way in is that verification code. I even contacted my phone carrier to make sure there was no blocks in place. No change.

Homefryy

Apparently they don't have a CS department to speak of.

They do have customer service. The problem is you are not a customer you are a product. The customers are the people that buy advertising and your data.

I have the same problem with Chase and not receiving their texts for 2FA. Luckily most of the time they give you the option of sending a code to either your phone number or email address.

D

Deleted member 12904

I have a similar issue. My account has been deactivated for some time and I can’t remember the password. The password reset is done through email and will not actually send me anything. It’s weird because Facebook messenger let me log in with phone notifications so I have an active Facebook messenger account but can’t get into my actual Facebook account.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
boomberg said:
Many Android phone users have begun to question Samsung’s deal to sell phones with a permanent version of Facebook -- and some of them are complaining on social media.

I wonder if they are using the app on their phones to complain with? :D

Caleb

Since this is the Facebook thread, have any of you not been able to log into facebook because of their two-factor authorization not working? My phone was running sluggish so I cleared my caches, which logged me out of facebook. But now my phone doesn't receive the texts from facebook that contain my two-factor security codes. I've tried every avenue that facebook has on their website to recover my account, but after a week of trying I haven't received a response from them. After searching online this seems to be a problem a lot of people run into. Apparently they don't have a CS department to speak of. After this frustration I really want to delete my account, but I want to get all of my pictures off of there first. I fear that I am screwed, and I won't be able to get them. Anybody know any tricks that might help?

Man, it's a sign, just do as the thread says and #deletefacebook :D

Tebbsjeep

At this point I just want my pictures, and to be able to tell everyone I'm friends with on there to unfriend that profile. Just in case it gets hacked and someone tries to do something nefarious pretending to be me. Fortunately for me, I kept that group of friends relatively small.