Delta Classic - 2021

85CUCVKRAWLER

So good to put a face with a rig and avatar! Glad you came!

You and Alvarez were such cool people and awesome sports about jumping into the deep end of the pool and just having a good time!

I loved your willingness to learn the situation (Competition/Judging/etc), ask questions as they came up, and just be a part of Old School Rock Crawl family/group!

Definitely see you around!
Thanks so much for your help all day1 great meeting you too!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Just curiously watching.

The split between C and C+ appeared to be completely random, with no rhyme or reason in respect to vehicle, equipment, or driver experience.

Moving forward to next year:
I think the suggestion to run a Yota class is an interesting one, maybe build on that an have a XJ class too, if enough rigs show up?

I had a couple of buddies come up with conflicts at the last minute and couldn't make it, we had joked about a "buddy class" where everyone involved agreed to compete with each other regardless of equipment just a minimum of 4 rigs needed. (Someone has to lose) :D

No trophy needed, just bragging rights on the line.

jeeperzcreeperz

Just curiously watching.

The split between C and C+ appeared to be completely random, with no rhyme or reason in respect to vehicle, equipment, or driver experience.

Moving forward to next year:
I think the suggestion to run a Yota class is an interesting one, maybe build on that an have a XJ class too, if enough rigs show up?

I had a couple of buddies come up with conflicts at the last minute and couldn't make it, we had joked about a "buddy class" where everyone involved agreed to compete with each other regardless of equipment just a minimum of 4 rigs needed. (Someone has to lose) :D

No trophy needed, just bragging rights on the line.
Honestly that wouldn't be a bad idea

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
"we had joked about a "buddy class" where everyone involved agreed to compete with each other regardless of equipment just a minimum of 4 rigs needed. (Someone has to lose) :D

No trophy needed, just bragging rights on the line."

The Proving Grounds are always open; lets go down some other weekend to screw around. Winner gets a 6 pack of their choice from everyone else :p

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
too many classes. if we go down that road, we're going to end up with 25 rigs with 24 different classes.
unless we have a 4 rig minimum...

or we could go with the classes outlined on the website... Where the CJ, Bronco, the Sami, and anyone with stock body and suspension are stock class and the guys missing more than 66% of sheet metal or altered suspensions are in Legends...

Which would have looked like
Stock
1st Place Ryan and Nate -291
2nd Place Katelyn and Kevin -222
3rd Place Teancum and Ben -181
(unless Katelyn and Teancum have non stock suspension set ups)

Legends
1st Place Hippie and Robbie -208
2nd Place Garret and Chris -158
3rd Place (depending on rig either sorry I didn't get to see either up close) Jeremy and Isaac at -142 or Brandon and Isaac at -131

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
"we had joked about a "buddy class" where everyone involved agreed to compete with each other regardless of equipment just a minimum of 4 rigs needed. (Someone has to lose) :D

No trophy needed, just bragging rights on the line."

The Proving Grounds are always open; lets go down some other weekend to screw around. Winner gets a 6 pack of their choice from everyone else :p

This would be a KICK! I have a bunch of cones from coaching little league soccer! :D

It would be fun to set something up for a JK class to and get new blood in the game. What was the newest vehicle there that wasn't custom built? A XJ? Maybe on of the TJs? so 2005?

It wouldn't have been fun to have a LONG JKU on any of those courses...

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
unless we have a 4 rig minimum...

or we could go with the classes outlined on the website... Where the CJ, Bronco, the Sami, and anyone with stock body and suspension are stock class and the guys missing more than 66% of sheet metal or altered suspensions are in Legends...

Which would have looked like
Stock
1st Place Ryan and Nate -291
2nd Place Katelyn and Keven -222
3rd Place Teancum and Ben -181
(unless Katelyn and Teancum have non stock suspension set ups)

Legends
1st Place Hippie and Robbie -208
2nd Place Garret and Chris -158
3rd Place (depending on rig either sorry I didn't get to see either up close) Jeremy and Isaac at -142 or Brandon and Isaac at -131

If they wanted to split up the class they should have taken the top teams after day one and moved all of us into the higher class.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
This would be a KICK! I have a bunch of cones from coaching little league soccer! :D

It would be fun to set something up for a JK class to and get new blood in the game. What was the newest vehicle there that wasn't custom built? A XJ? Maybe on of the TJs? so 2005?

It wouldn't have been fun to have a LONG JKU on any of those courses...

Craig did a JK class for 2 years and only 4 cars showed up the first year and 3 cars the second year if I remember right. It justs didnt bring out any new competitiors. Now that the JK is older and people are more willing to beat on them it might be cool to bring it back. But for it to work it would take alot of promoting and I wouldnt count on that.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
If they wanted to split up the class they should have taken the top teams after day one and moved all of us into the higher class.
Which is what I thought he was going to do...

But then all rhyme and reason went out the window, and I still had a great time. (Just confused) :D

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Rich told me that he bumped me up to appease other complaining teams, so yes it was Richs call but if he pissed me off to make a few other teams happy I hold the cry baby teams accountable. Those teams need to try harder and put in the work to get better instead of bitching to the event promoter that we destroy them. Nate and I have put in more time and money to get better than any other team there this weekend. So to get moved up a class just cause we are a better team and throwing the rule book out the window was lamest thing I have ever seen.

jeeperzcreeperz

Rich told me that he bumped me up to appease other complaining teams, so yes it was Richs call but if he pissed me off to make a few other teams happy I hold the cry baby teams accountable. Those teams need to try harder and put in the work to get better instead of bitching to the event promoter that we destroy them. Nate and I have put in more time and money to get better than any other team there this weekend. So to get moved up a class just cause we are a better team and throwing the rule book out the window was lamest thing I have ever seen.
Did you run c+ with me

maveric

Crawler Collecter
I am not sure on the reason that brought on the class change, but I think there were a couple things that bumped the rigs that got bumped. I think tire size, dig capabilities, and driver experience came into play in the decision on who got bumped. It also appears that nobody signed up for the stock class. I agree that it was a little confusing when people signed up as to which class they would be in. I am ok with them using the same classes as WeRock. Makes it easier to tech the rigs, scoring, and grouping. I know there was a lot of discussion on this before, and some were for, and others against, but in reality, the easier it is for the promoter to put on an event, the more likely they will continue to do it. However, if the plan was to transition to the werock class structure, the old rules and classes should have been deleted and something posted that the new classes and rules would be put into effect for the event. Would have eliminated a lot of confusion.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
That was definitely off, your CJ and Steve's Bronco were two that should have stayed, but then again once you were driving in that "C" class everyone else was just in it for 2nd place...

We were told we were bumped up to C+ because we had paint scratches, but then Hippie and Amber where still in C... :thinking:

I don't envy Rich, he is in a situation where he knows he isn't going to make everyone happy.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
your CJ is the perfect "cheater" rig IMO. and i mean that in a good way. It fits Sportsman C and DCRC "stock" class perfectly. The only thing i would argue against is the stickies, but i believe there were penalties in place to account for that advantage.

the confusion was that other VERY similarly built vehicles were in the other group, but it wasnt clear why.

jeeperzcreeperz

First run of the day on Friday for me not a good way to start a comp in my opinion glad I had a spare.
We had to cut off some of my tubing on the front bumper that was jamming up the tire

Attachments

• received_485382272673999.jpeg
    received_485382272673999.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 23